• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

what do they eat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
In the pokemon world are they all vegetarians or something? I don't think they would eat pokemon. one other weird thing is that we sometimes see trainers eating pokemon food like pokeblock and poffins why is that.

any input?

FlameRose

It was said in a book in the Canalave Library that humans DO eat Pokemon, it's just that you eat the whole thing and then it's "reborn" or something.

As for PokeBlocks/Poffins, I'd bet Pokemon can eat pretty much anything unlike real world animals, so they might also be treats for humans.

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
In the pokemon world are they all vegetarians or something? I don't think they would eat pokemon. one other weird thing is that we sometimes see trainers eating pokemon food like pokeblock and poffins why is that.

any input?

Yes, yes they are all vegetarians. They only eat berries. Also the reason why trainers eat pokeblock and poffins is because they are only made of the berries and are therefore edible for human consumption. Not to say some may not taste very good. Wait, I don't remember reading that people eat Pokemon. Eww! :( So wait, do Pokemon eat other Pokemon? As far as I have seen they only eat berries.

Super Gullwing

Team Skull Mom
Well I think Pokemon can eat other Pokemon, like the whole preditor/prey thing in the wild. Pokeblocks and poffins are like treats, not actual food, I guess. And the Pokemon Food we see in the show is like cat/dog food. Trainers feed their Pokemon that food like we feed our pets certain food. But there are also fruits and berries for them to eat in the wild too.

Geez, it's kinda saddening how some people just can't accept that their favourite little Pichu could be the midnight snack of a peckish Noctowl. Just accept it. It's been sort of implied that Pokemon eat other Pokemon, and it would be rather naive to think they wouldn't. Could you honestly see a Charizard or Sharpedo just nibbling on vegetation? I think not. They have sharp teeth for a reason. ;D

Oh, and I have the feeling humans in the Pokemon world would eat Pokemon. Anybody up for some Miltank burgers and Kentucky Fried Combusken?

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Humans eat meat like they do on Earth. Some parts of a Pokemon (Chansey's Eggs, Miltank's Milk, Torpius' Fruit) has been confirmed to be eaten in Pokedex entries. Like another poster said Canaclave Library it is further confirmed that Pokemon meat is also eaten. In their society it's perfectly all right to eat a Pokemon long as you use all of its part and treat the corpse with respect. I think something along the lines of " Tauros Burgers " was mentioned in the original Gold / Silver / Crystal by the player's mother. So it's assumed that they only kill what they plan on eating and nothing more.

Eating Pokemon Food, PokeBlock, and Poffin may be similar to eating Dog Food or Dog Biscuits. I remember some Trainers (Ash in particular) showing distaste towards eating Pokemon Food early in the anime. Guess it's to say that while it's edible it's not exactly tasty.

RDSchley

The Anti-Hero
older pokedex's talked about how pidgeotto use to swoop down and eat caterpies.

I don't understand why people find this shocking. Mabye ya'll need to go outside more often and see animals eating other animals.

Shephard922

Were it so easy.
older pokedex's talked about how pidgeotto use to swoop down and eat caterpies.

I don't understand why people find this shocking. Mabye ya'll need to go outside more often and see animals eating other animals.

It's 'shocking' to some people because it's technically a kid's game, where they love and have fun with their pokemon. Nothing bad is supposed to happen to them, you know? It's like the Pokemon graveyards. You're pokemon never dies, so you don't care.

Isn't there a thread up already about this?

Profesco

gone gently
We have a thread for this already, haha! You might want to take a look around before you jump in. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.