• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you actually want after Journeys?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
XY Team Rocket was somehow even worse than DP Team Rocket.
As for the next series, it would be a dream come true if they weren't in it at all (as well as Ash).

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Hot take but I want Team Rocket focus next series.

Now hear me out. I DON'T want to go back to overusing the old formula, I think Journeys was right to demote them in THAT regard, but I wanna see them have actual involvement, especially since they're just FAR below Ash's league now.

I'd love something like SM where they're actually allowed to level grind, getting spotlight focus where they get genuinely powerful Pokemon and even get their hands on the region gimmick. Heck maybe even Meowth and Wobbuffet could bulk up a little or learn new moves.

They can keep to the idea of them always being one step behind against Ash and Pikachu, but keep them trying to genuinely up their chances so it's ONE step rather than 200+ as the series continues, their shtick is funnier with escalation.

Also give them something off-the-clock to do, a long term alternate goal which they are allowed to have some success rate with. Maybe their perks that lose against Pikachu end up coming handy there instead.
One thing I really love about JN TR is the influencer aspect.
Its clear that the Trio will never be separated, but that doesnt mean they have to remain in TR. I do think radio hosting together is the best endgame for that, so for next series I want it to be continued and start to clash with their normal duties, leading to them pulling a Biff and Cassidy and leaving TR while also going against Giovanni at some point
Its time to have them distance themselves from being in TR

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
if Ash stays and there is no reboot then I want him to be treated with the same respect as the other champions with people not being so eager to challenge him, and if they do or he starts a battle and loses with a new pokemon, whoever's fighting him knows that he isn't showing his full strength and know he could beat them easily if he was.

TheLink

Eunie is as Eunie does.
1. Give us a clear idea of what the character’s goals are relatively early, and expand upon them as needed. A few characters the last few series have either felt a bit aimless without a goal , or we’re told their goal but we don’t see much progress until late in the series. And for the love of God don’t make the end point of one of their goals that there’s endless opportunities for goals *cough cough Chloe cough cough*.

2. Make it Paldea focused. Galar got screwed out of focus in JN and I’m still salty about it.

3. Keep the callbacks to a minimum. After the hit-and-miss nature of the continuity and past series references I’m kind of burnt out on “nostalgia”. I will take a self-contained story at this point.

Last edited:

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Un shallow characters, un fugly artstyle, interesting plot, having less than 90% breaks rate

Krackochu

Ash & Pikachu going off to another adventure. While Goh goes off on his own.
As the journey continues.

Krackochu

Truthfully tho my fantasy series is simple.

Have no traveling companions in Paldea at all.

Have ash and Pikachu alongside team rocket trying to figure out what's next. Maybe ash and Pikachu look at the solo project with boredom before a classmate or someone else questions them.

Ash and Pikachu then decide to work towards finding treasures while team rocket does the same these treasure eventually lead to them both unlocking the legendary Pokemon where they all stop a great big evil. It would give ash and team rocket a way to compete without it being boring and allow all the characters to interact in interesting ways again.

Maybe team rocket holding onto the past while ash keeps looking towards the future.

No Pokémon that get two gimmicks at the same time (looking at you, Lucario…)

Mistycallsstaryu

A statue of Lucario that commemorates him as a hall of famer in Pokemon history.