• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you actually want after Journeys?

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
After Journeys, I hope Ash becomes a teenager, and the setting in ScVi is like what you might see in a Pokemon High School fanfic.

Xuxuba

Ash aging/focusing on bonding and helping Pokémon instead of battling, while also becoming the new protagonist's tutor (SV playable character), whose goal will not be the same as Ash but still involve battling. I want to see a more mature version of Ash.

But if we are just gonna have the same Ash, still 10 and still focusing on battles, then we might aswell have him lose to Leon and Leon getting beat by some character from Gen 9 (outside of the PWC of course). That way Ash won't achieve the title of strongest trainer so that he can achieve that on the next series. Otherwise, it'll just feel redundant.

diesglamouris

* Satoshi beats Leon.
* Satoshi brings the cup to Alola, where is received with a big party.
* Koharu chooses to pursue something unrelated with Pokémon.
* The Project Mew departs with Go.
* Satoshi doesn't know what to do next.
* Lillie finds him at the beach and says she also doesn't know. Realizing both have the same problem, suggest to ask Prof Kukui for a piece of advice.
* He accepts, but then she thanks him again for the moments shared together and give him a little kiss on his cheek.
* Satoshi sees her green eyes and smiles.
* In the sky, Ho-oh flies to the sea and drop two Rainbow Wings. Lillie and Satoshi pick them up and go to Kukui's lab.
~THE END~

~sounds Spain's intro theme~
* Female MC admiring Champions Cynthia and Satoshi wants to discover a new route to India or whatever the plot of SV will be. Besides this, writers should also have experience with copywriting, children books and Spain culture. Although the story should be catchy for the Japanese kodomo, it also should be written with the global millenial fans in mind, particulary the Spanish grandes y chicos.
* No Satoshi. He's with Lillie doing Pokéresearch somewhere in the world. May appear for exhibition battles or in the villain arc.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Ash to not be reset if they don't reboot him.

Also, for him to be treated like the other champions with the same "aura" with most conventional trainers not wanting to battle him, and if they do and he's using something like Quaxly (this is just an example) should he capture new pokemon that are newbies, they will say they know he is holding back since they would know he could use other pokemon to beat them easily.

Last edited:

Ray123

What I want to see..

The next Ash Rival is also a champion but he/she is a young and new champion just like Ash and close in skill I think this makes a better champion Rival then Leon (I like Leon I think he is a good rival but the difference in level is too much).

the young champion has more screen time Then Leon and They are friendly and nice.

New Ash Friend 1 (Boy) is an E4 (like how Misty and Brock where Gym Leaders)

New Ash Friend 2 (Girl) is a new trainer who wants to take the Gym challenge, she wants to challenge the young champion.

Keep the around the World journey.

Keep the old characters returns.

Keep the mix of old and New Pokemon in Ash's team.

No Gym challenge for Ash.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I would like to see another series like Chronicles or a spin off series focusing on Lillie.

Yeah I know that won't happen, but it's something I want to happen.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I would like to see another series like Chronicles or a spin off series focusing on Lillie.

Yeah I know that won't happen, but it's something I want to happen.
I think the reason Chronicles didn't rate so well was solely because of Ash not appearing. It shows that the only way for the anime to be profitable is to have Ash involved in any capacity.

SatoSereFan224888

* Satoshi beats Leon.
* Satoshi brings the cup to Alola, where is received with a big party.
* Koharu chooses to pursue something unrelated with Pokémon.
* The Project Mew departs with Go.
* Satoshi doesn't know what to do next.
* Lillie finds him at the beach and says she also doesn't know. Realizing both have the same problem, suggest to ask Prof Kukui for a piece of advice.
* He accepts, but then she thanks him again for the moments shared together and give him a little kiss on his cheek.
* Satoshi sees her green eyes and smiles.
* In the sky, Ho-oh flies to the sea and drop two Rainbow Wings. Lillie and Satoshi pick them up and go to Kukui's lab.
~THE END~

~sounds Spain's intro theme~
* Female MC admiring Champions Cynthia and Satoshi wants to discover a new route to India or whatever the plot of SV will be. Besides this, writers should also have experience with copywriting, children books and Spain culture. Although the story should be catchy for the Japanese kodomo, it also should be written with the global millenial fans in mind, particulary the Spanish grandes y chicos.
* No Satoshi. He's with Lillie doing Pokéresearch somewhere in the world. May appear for exhibition battles or in the villain arc.
Interesting but I’d rather see Ash with Serena than Lillie. I would like to see Ash & Serena settle down in life. Ash decides to become a tutor for young trainers.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I wanna see Ash ride those legendary Pokémon and for him to catch Sprigatito. See Pikachu utilize his Tera form.

DatsRight

Hire some actual good talented writer first. And the usual 2 cour cycle meaning there are 26 episodes a year. I would rather watch 80 perfectly paced and structured episodes with good battles and good story than what we recently got.
I feel like even just maintaining Journeys' relatively smaller episode count would help, just instead of those bigger hiatuses being due to, you know, worldwide health scares, instead be key points the creative team stop and actually sit down and brainstorm what they plan to do with the show long term and how to set it up.

I feel like concepts and basslines for good stories keep emerging in these previous years, they've been more ambitious with episodic storytelling lately, but the problem is how halfbaked a lot of the arcs are. I get the feeling a lot of the dull fillers in the OS-XY era were because they were the collateral damage while the staff properly planned out the main arcs. Now it's the other way round. Just SOME spaces for breathing time could likely help out a good deal and leave more potential for the best of both worlds.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
I feel like even just maintaining Journeys' relatively smaller episode count would help, just instead of those bigger hiatuses being due to, you know, worldwide health scares, instead be key points the creative team stop and actually sit down and brainstorm what they plan to do with the show long term and how to set it up.

I feel like concepts and basslines for good stories keep emerging in these previous years, they've been more ambitious with episodic storytelling lately, but the problem is how halfbaked a lot of the arcs are. I get the feeling a lot of the dull fillers in the OS-XY era were because they were the collateral damage while the staff properly planned out the main arcs. Now it's the other way round. Just SOME spaces for breathing time could likely help out a good deal and leave more potential for the best of both worlds.
What they actually need to do is to step out of their comfort zones and norms for their writing and plan the series in advance or postpone the start for a couple of months.

And I can't see the good concepts of storylines of the last years. Maybe you can argue they're structured more creatively but that creativity wasn't saving them from them being badly written. No red thread in the story since all arcs covers completely different aspects (legendaries, characters etc.) making them extremly mediocre self contained mini stories which even have their own self flaws, too many characters with a lot of them ending up being either fanservice characters or dead weight in the cast because the only time they get proper focus is in their respective focused arcs and then being shafted for the rest of the series or in Journeys case, have just old character appear no matter if they actually fit in the "storyline" or not rather than actually focusing on the new introduced characters.

It's not only a matter of time for them to brainstorm ideas and to write the story, it's a matter of better and more experienced writer with the right education or the right mindset.

DatsRight

What they actually need to do is to step out of their comfort zones and norms for their writing and plan the series in advance or postpone the start for a couple of months.

And I can't see the good concepts of storylines of the last years. Maybe you can argue they're structured more creatively but that creativity wasn't saving them from them being badly written. No red thread in the story since all arcs covers completely different aspects (legendaries, characters etc.) making them extremly mediocre self contained mini stories which even have their own self flaws, too many characters with a lot of them ending up being either fanservice characters or dead weight in the cast because the only time they get proper focus is in their respective focused arcs and then being shafted for the rest of the series or in Journeys case, have just old character appear no matter if they actually fit in the "storyline" or not rather than actually focusing on the new introduced characters.

It's not only a matter of time for them to brainstorm ideas and to write the story, it's a matter of better and more experienced writer with the right education or the right mindset.
I truthfully thought SM was fun in a sort of 'simple Saturday Morning cartoon' sort of way. Journeys is a downgrade, but still has some good stories and ideas at times. I think a problem is that while SM made some good steps for branching out of said comfort zone, Journeys chose to take it even more amorphous directions rather than actually develop on new ideas and breakthroughs they had made last series.

Like the Pikachu backstory as the first episode or the two shorts format ones aren't BAD ideas....but what is the point to them? How exactly did they flesh out the series in the long run. They were just new twists for the sake of it.

Truthfully I'm still glad we're not in the COTD/Team Rocket formula every episode format anymore. THAT got lazy.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Hire some actual good talented writer first. And the usual 2 cour cycle meaning there are 26 episodes a year. I would rather watch 80 perfectly paced and structured episodes with good battles and good story than what we recently got.
Better writers isn't going to make a difference however, because the main point of the series would remain the same. Promoting cute, cool and/or popular Pokemon in order to sell merchandise takes precedence over good writing in this series.

I don't have too many specific wants, other than seeing Satoshi [Ash] with new traveling companions since I'm not too eager for Gou to stick around.

diesglamouris

Better writers isn't going to make a difference however, because the main point of the series would remain the same. Promoting cute, cool and/or popular Pokemon in order to sell merchandise takes precedence over good writing in this series.
You may want to hire copywriters. Writing a good plot doesn't have to be at odds with achieving commercial goals. Storytelling is a common sales technique, so best to tell engaging and fun stories for the target audience (and best to remember that we aren't that target audience).

DatsRight

Hot take but I want Team Rocket focus next series.

Now hear me out. I DON'T want to go back to overusing the old formula, I think Journeys was right to demote them in THAT regard, but I wanna see them have actual involvement, especially since they're just FAR below Ash's league now.

I'd love something like SM where they're actually allowed to level grind, getting spotlight focus where they get genuinely powerful Pokemon and even get their hands on the region gimmick. Heck maybe even Meowth and Wobbuffet could bulk up a little or learn new moves.

They can keep to the idea of them always being one step behind against Ash and Pikachu, but keep them trying to genuinely up their chances so it's ONE step rather than 200+ as the series continues, their shtick is funnier with escalation.

Also give them something off-the-clock to do, a long term alternate goal which they are allowed to have some success rate with. Maybe their perks that lose against Pikachu end up coming handy there instead.

Hot take but I want Team Rocket focus next series.

Now hear me out. I DON'T want to go back to overusing the old formula, I think Journeys was right to demote them in THAT regard, but I wanna see them have actual involvement, especially since they're just FAR below Ash's league now.

I'd love something like SM where they're actually allowed to level grind, getting spotlight focus where they get genuinely powerful Pokemon and even get their hands on the region gimmick. Heck maybe even Meowth and Wobbuffet could bulk up a little or learn new moves.

They can keep to the idea of them always being one step behind against Ash and Pikachu, but keep them trying to genuinely up their chances so it's ONE step rather than 200+ as the series continues, their shtick is funnier with escalation.

Also give them something off-the-clock to do, a long term alternate goal which they are allowed to have some success rate with. Maybe their perks that lose against Pikachu end up coming handy there instead.
Hot take but I love how TR was done in XY and SM, in XY they sometimes appeared when they weren’t needed to or appeared to much in season 17. Otherwise TRio didn’t appear so much to hinder the plot of XY and their focus episodes were amazing which is why I love XY TRio. Also I like SM TRio because they actually fit in with SM’s style and tone and GOD BEWEAR

DatsRight

Hot take but I love how TR was done in XY and SM, in XY they sometimes appeared when they weren’t needed to or appeared to much in season 17. Otherwise TRio didn’t appear so much to hinder the plot of XY and their focus episodes were amazing which is why I love XY TRio. Also I like SM TRio because they actually fit in with SM’s style and tone and GOD BEWEAR
I feel like XY still overused TR, and a lot of episodes that could have been used to flesh out the protagonists just had them interrupt as a generic antagonist. They were also COMPLETELY stagnant. Outside of Jessie's development in the showcases, they got nothing ongoing and didn't even get new Pokemon, they just got progressively weaker and less interesting to pit against the twerps, even funny banter dwindled by the end. It looked like XY was gonna do the best of both worlds by having them more challenging like in BW but still humorous foils, but by the end they were neither.

SM hit a better balance in that regard since they not only butted into less episodes unless they fit them but they had actual ongoing stuff to do. I feel like they still could have done more with them (they barely used their Z moves after getting it) but they were at least entertaining most of the time they appeared, to the point of hitting a stride by Ultra Legends, compared to XY where they were just monotonous and painful to watch by XYZ.

I feel for Team Rocket to work they need to either give them an engaging plot on their own a lot of the time (like SM) or they have to actually make them fun opposition for the twerps with a humorous chemistry with them (like OS). Ash and co have funny reactions to TR odd times, but really most of the time these days, they just blank them. They're not a fun character combination anymore, so they need something else to make them compelling. Ash is surviving with loads of other fun dynamics these days, but TR still feel like third wheels.

Last edited: