• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you breed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaMew

HoF Co-Leader
I originally never bred, and I saw the Day Care as a cop-out to leveling Pokemon. Until recently. After defeating the Elite Four with the help of my favorite Pokemon, Victory(A Machoke), I decided that this "alpha male" should pass his abilities on to his children. I promptly put Victory with a random female Machoke(I didn't name her; out of the 15 Machokes that I have caught, only two are female) and the eggs started popping out like hotcakes. The first egg hatched, and it was a male. I named him Genesis. Among others in this family are Exodia(female), Hercules(male), and Champ(male). I've decided to take it upon myself to breed as many Machops as Victory can make! I've given them away(a.k.a. traded them to people for crap-ola) to family and friends. I mean, come on. Who wouldn't want a Level 1 monster that already knows Cross Chop and Submission?

So now I want to know: what do you breed(preferably mass-breed) and why? Also, if there are any monsters "up for adoption", please post them here. If anybody needs a decent starting monster, please let me know. I would gladly impart to you one of Victory's children(especially if you have a baby to trade me for him/her).

Saberu

Submission is a horrible move.
I was trying to catch a pinsir when pidgey were swarming. I found one and it killed itself with submission. DX

Anyway, I'm currently breeding squirtle, but my specialty is mudkips. I have several mudkips with excellent IVs. Now, I'm working at getting relaxed ones. Maybe someday I'll try for egg moves, but that's unlikely.

COKTAL

<-Newest Shiny!!!
Right now I'm hatching alot of Riolu's in hopes of getting a Modest one (and if it happens, a Shiny at that). I've breed around 20 now (that's only to get a male one w/ Agility). I'm now going into hatching for one w/ perfect IV's in Sp. Attack and Speed.

Blue_Ditto_256

Fail on a Stick
I recently finished breeding an x/31/x/x/x/31 Nincada to be a Shedinja. I now also have a Volbeat with 31 Attack and Speed IVs. I'm thinking of breeding a Lucario next.

Dapuff

well i use to mass breed charmanders (untill they filled my boxes) trying to get a shiny horray for pokemon ranch!

fast_evo8

Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss
I bred 6 boxes of croagunks just to get good IVs, now I only have half a box, i had to release HEAPS! xP

Pikamiki

PokeTrainer Miki
funnily enough i tend to breed mostly the same pokemon varying occasionaly, my last mass breeds were vulpix and ralts in the hopes of getting good IVs and natures. - not much luck

chikoritalover16

I breed when I need to. For instance, I wanted to get a Togepi with all cute moves that liked sweet to fulfill my dream of getting through all the ranks of a pokemon contest. I think I hatched about five before I got the one I wanted. I bred a TON of Piplups before I finally got a female one, and I always have several pokemon on hand on my Emerald (Chikoritas, starters, and Eevees). I don't really care about stats or things like that.

Defy gravity!
;152;

I basically mass breed anything I need to breed. For example, I've mass breeded Ralts for a good natured female. It took me almost 30 eggs before I finally got one. I've also did the same thing for Rhyhorn, since I needed one with... some attack (I can't remember), Rock Head, and an Adamant nature. But I also mass breeded Charmanders in Emerald in an attempt for a shiny one, and Bagon's since they evolve into Salamence... I'm probably going to mass breed Bagon some more, or Totodile :/

InfamousMrJ

Serebii'sGhostbuster
I never have a set poke I breed; I just randomly breed.
I'll breed to get a egg a certain way if I break down and decide to ev train, which is rare.
When I still had wi-fi, I'd breed requested pokes for people.
I haven't done any breeding in a while, though. I'll pick back up with Platinum.

Penguinist Trainer

I breed all my pokemon. Mainly so I can have 1 of every evolution and so I can get the different forms of pokemon. I particularly love hatching eggs and having pokemon with excellent movesets at such a young age. Training becomes so much easier after that.

MKFC

Shade of Blue
I just randomly breed depending on what I wanna train. The only "Mass Breeding" I've done is with Snorlax, trying to get an Adamant one. Instead, I just stuck with a Sassy one with perfect IVs in Attack and Sp. Defense.

Emerald 2006

I'm currently breeding an insane amount of Shinx, hoping for a shiny.
Can't chain worth a darn. So far I have 73 eggs.

Umbreon-dana

Phat Philanthropist
I breed when I just plain feel like it, and what I feel like. My current record is 79 Rotoms. 75 of which sucked. :/ I don't remember the exact number, but that was pretty close.

Edit: Well, I dropped the Numel project, and decided to breed for a Jolly DDnite (or Jolly DDtini, as it is now) and a Calm Spiritomb, both were a success.

Last edited:

COKTAL

<-Newest Shiny!!!
Right now, I'm breeding Craniodos, trying to get a Brave one w/ perfect Attack IV's and the lowest speed I can possible get (for a Trick Roomer). Right now, I've just gotten a Female Brave one that I'm going to use to breed w/ a Swampert to teach Hammer Arm.

Dabottle

AKA Ados.
I'm getting prepared to breed a Chimchar for Platinum and I have My Meditite at level 29 (I thought I has saved when it was 35). When it evolves I'll be passing down Thunder Punch, Fire Punch and Brick Break which I got from my in-game Infernape.

I'm then going to breed Energy Ball on to a Seedot (Via Jumpluff) so My brother can have a Budew with Energy ball and Extrasensory on Platinum.

I may breed something for Diamond to actually use soon.

Last edited:

Pinksizzors

I likes bugs
I find it easier to breed special based pokemon because most of my dittos have natures that benefit special pokes.

I think I might breed a skuntank next, or maybe a bronzong.

Linzap7

Sky Shinigami
i breed totidiles and i got a deoxys from it like 4 months ago LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.