• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you call your rival?

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
HEY PEOPLE I WAS WONDERING WHAT PEOPLE CALL THEIR RIVALS?
INTRESTING ISN'T IT?

lets see who calls what..!

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Due to my obsessive-compulsive need for the game to be as "canon" as possible, I use whatever the default name is (Blue, Silver, Barry, and Hugh). The same rule applies for the player characters, except in the case of Hilbert/Hilda because I think that those names are disgustingly bad (the former more so than the latter; Hilda's alright, but I still don't think it fits). For those two, I tend to use Black/Blair/Touya and White/Whitlea/Touko, respectively.

Last edited:

Schade

Steel-Clad Wonder
^ I do this too. Barry, Blue, Hugh, I use their original names, usually. But on my recent W2 file, I named him Darren instead

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
Uhm currently as:

Yellow: Zel (Red is Mazoku. Slayers reference)
LG: Gary
FR: Gary
SS1: Delphi (F this. My ex)
SS2: Silver
Diamond: Derp
White2: PPLyra (I'm that Lyrawesome xD)

That's it nya~

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
I have done these for the games I've played

Silver: Blue
Leaf Green : Gary
Ruby: Danny (One of my Two brothers)
Diamond: Casey (My other brothers' name)
Soul Silver: Danny
Black: Danny
Black 2: Danny (Who I hate in the game because he killed a shiny ratatta in castelia sewers! DX DX)

Also, I named myself Ash in Leaf Green, and Green in Silver. In other games I named myself my real name, Liam.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
When I first started I used the default names for both myself and my rival. I didn't start making up my owns names until Ruby/Sapphire except that was one of the games were you couldn't name your rival. I would name myself Terry in Ruby/Sapphire but then I switched to Zion or Zyon for every game now.

R/B/Y: Blue
G/S: Silver
Leaf Green: Drake
D/P/Pt: Robert
HG/SS: James/Chad
B2/W2: Marcus

Roy9

Sinnoh Master
Firered: aaaa (i know, its really stupid, but when I was a little kid, I didn't knew something about reading and English.
Diamond: AS (from Ash)
Pearl: James
Platinum:Roy
Heartgold:Roy
White: you can't nickname your rival...
White 2: Roy
X/Y: if the region is set in France, Pierre

Last edited:

GoshinX03

Pride & Power
Usually whatever relative/Friend of mine is playing the same generation along-side me.

Red/Blue: Kevin (brother)
Yellow: Jason (friend)
Gold: Josh (cousin)
Sapphire/Emerald: Kevin
Diamond: Kevin
Platinum: Kevin
HeartGold: Malcolm (friend)
White: Josh
Black 2: Josh

725roy

ambivolent
Unless it's the mofo Gary Oak, I go with one of my friend's names, like Pete, Simon, Sam, Tim, Thomas, and Matt.

Meggi_Moon

I am surprised to see so many normal names haha.

I call mine in Emerald Version D-Bag.

If you have ever played that version you should understand why the name suits him so well.

SychinLegacy

RBY: Gary
GSC: Lavir (rival spelled backwards cause I'm that creative)
RSE: May since I always play male
DPPt: Jack named after my dog
White2: Shane. I couldn't come up with any ideas so I asked my sister who is a big Walking Dead fan.

Takatheeducatedkid

Eevee Devotee
In Black 2, I named mine Hector. In Platinum, I may have left it default either because I didn't care or because I felt that I couldn't think of a better name anyway. The other games were owned by my brothers, thus I had no say in the matter of naming the rival, much less authority to play the game often.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
I normally go with names I think are suitable... if I can think of one! The names I've got:

Pearl: Tommy (one of the default names)
Sapphire: Brendan (Obvious)
FireRed: Harvey
SoulSilver: Marco
Black: Cheren and Bianca (Also obvious)
Black 2: Hugh (Uncreative there =P)

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
I don't think the chaacters have cannon names so...

Gen1: Usually GARY.
Gen2: Usually BADBOB. Once I named him Jr.; a Rocket Grunt said something implying that he was Giovanni's son.