• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you call your rival?

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
HEY PEOPLE I WAS WONDERING WHAT PEOPLE CALL THEIR RIVALS?
INTRESTING ISN'T IT?

lets see who calls what..!

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Due to my obsessive-compulsive need for the game to be as "canon" as possible, I use whatever the default name is (Blue, Silver, Barry, and Hugh). The same rule applies for the player characters, except in the case of Hilbert/Hilda because I think that those names are disgustingly bad (the former more so than the latter; Hilda's alright, but I still don't think it fits). For those two, I tend to use Black/Blair/Touya and White/Whitlea/Touko, respectively.

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
^ I do this too. Barry, Blue, Hugh, I use their original names, usually. But on my recent W2 file, I named him Darren instead

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
Uhm currently as:

Yellow: Zel (Red is Mazoku. Slayers reference)
LG: Gary
FR: Gary
SS1: Delphi (F this. My ex)
SS2: Silver
Diamond: Derp
White2: PPLyra (I'm that Lyrawesome xD)

That's it nya~

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
I have done these for the games I've played

Silver: Blue
Leaf Green : Gary
Ruby: Danny (One of my Two brothers)
Diamond: Casey (My other brothers' name)
Soul Silver: Danny
Black: Danny
Black 2: Danny (Who I hate in the game because he killed a shiny ratatta in castelia sewers! DX DX)

Also, I named myself Ash in Leaf Green, and Green in Silver. In other games I named myself my real name, Liam.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
When I first started I used the default names for both myself and my rival. I didn't start making up my owns names until Ruby/Sapphire except that was one of the games were you couldn't name your rival. I would name myself Terry in Ruby/Sapphire but then I switched to Zion or Zyon for every game now.

R/B/Y: Blue
G/S: Silver
Leaf Green: Drake
D/P/Pt: Robert
HG/SS: James/Chad
B2/W2: Marcus

Roy9

Sinnoh Master
Firered: aaaa (i know, its really stupid, but when I was a little kid, I didn't knew something about reading and English.
Diamond: AS (from Ash)
Pearl: James
Platinum:Roy
Heartgold:Roy
White: you can't nickname your rival...
White 2: Roy
X/Y: if the region is set in France, Pierre

Last edited:

GoshinX03

Pride & Power
Usually whatever relative/Friend of mine is playing the same generation along-side me.

Red/Blue: Kevin (brother)
Yellow: Jason (friend)
Gold: Josh (cousin)
Sapphire/Emerald: Kevin
Diamond: Kevin
Platinum: Kevin
HeartGold: Malcolm (friend)
White: Josh
Black 2: Josh

725roy

ambivolent
Unless it's the mofo Gary Oak, I go with one of my friend's names, like Pete, Simon, Sam, Tim, Thomas, and Matt.

Meggi_Moon

I am surprised to see so many normal names haha.

I call mine in Emerald Version D-Bag.

If you have ever played that version you should understand why the name suits him so well.

SychinLegacy

RBY: Gary
GSC: Lavir (rival spelled backwards cause I'm that creative)
RSE: May since I always play male
DPPt: Jack named after my dog
White2: Shane. I couldn't come up with any ideas so I asked my sister who is a big Walking Dead fan.

Takatheeducatedkid

Eevee Devotee
In Black 2, I named mine Hector. In Platinum, I may have left it default either because I didn't care or because I felt that I couldn't think of a better name anyway. The other games were owned by my brothers, thus I had no say in the matter of naming the rival, much less authority to play the game often.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
I normally go with names I think are suitable... if I can think of one! The names I've got:

Pearl: Tommy (one of the default names)
Sapphire: Brendan (Obvious)
FireRed: Harvey
SoulSilver: Marco
Black: Cheren and Bianca (Also obvious)
Black 2: Hugh (Uncreative there =P)

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
I don't think the chaacters have cannon names so...

Gen1: Usually GARY.
Gen2: Usually BADBOB. Once I named him Jr.; a Rocket Grunt said something implying that he was Giovanni's son.