• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you Dislike about SM **Possible Spoilers**

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Here's another. Can't go one episode without the classmates appearing.
Can go EPISODES without the TRio or Samson.
Rotom Dex is fine as he's the Pokedex.

That's because they're of more importance than trio as seen by the order of the character bios. Team Rocket being in every single episode would be a big mistake since they're an annoyance most of the time anyways.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Here's another. Can't go one episode without the classmates appearing.
Can go EPISODES without the TRio or Samson.
Rotom Dex is fine as he's the Pokedex.

There have been episodes where some don't appear.

Nebbygetinthebag

-Lack of battle.
-Sophocles and Mallow are not even interesting character.
-Team Skull are underused.
-Rotom could be really annoying sometime.
-Ash amusing injury is not even funny at all.
-The slapstick is really over the top as well the funny face.
-Samson oak is annoying.
-Team rocket appearing in kanto was pointless.

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
-Ash regressing back into a one-dimsnsional idiotic character without any actual personalitiy like his OS and BW self...
-Crappy pacing for the first 14 episodes.
-Annoying Rortom Dex.
-Sophocles.
-Horrible animation.
-Any non-SM character's designs.
-Lack of battles, even more so of meaningful ones.
-No traveling, just random one-stop visits for plot convenience.
-School setting is not being used to it's fullest potential and is literally pointless...
-Samson Oak and his cringey puns.
-Lack of character interactions.
-Pokemon have very little to no personality.
-And worst of all "comedy" is exaggerated to ridiculous levels, and not even funny because of it. Also minus points for using the worst form of it i.e. slapstick. How is characters getting beat up and injured funny again?

Last edited:

Crystal

The Pokemon Observer
"Regression" is the wrong word. Ash Ketchum is "flanderized" into an exaggeratedly one-dimensional hyper-active idiotic children.

Was he such a hyper-active idiotic character back at OS? Well, I wouldn't completely rule it out, because he was indeed an academic idiot shown at The Ultimate Test back at then, and he was indeed quite playful like to tease the others especially Misty such as during The Tower of Terror and likes to enjoy playing such as during The Pi-kahuna. But are these his defining traits that we saw most of the time? No. I can still remember during the OS, the most memorable character traits of Ash Ketchum is his seriousness and courageousness specifically towards Pokemon, whenever his or any other pokemons he cares are in danger he wouldn't think much but just stick his body at the front to protect the others, he always placed pokemon being the first thing on his priority list (Ah..... possibly his stomach is more of a priority, IIRC). He was immature and especially quite haughty, where whenever someone mocked him his shortage or weakness, he becomes upset and will try his hardest to disprove the person. To be fair no need to wait until the XY saga's Mary Sueish Ash, his haughtiness was dropped during OI, so Ash getting upset at being mocked had become out of the context.

But during SM, where were all of those most memorable most defining character traits of OS Ash? No there isn't, I only saw the most minor traits of past Ashes being overly exaggerated, and on the opposite the previously most significant characteristics become the minor. That is the SM Ash I see, a severely flanderized Ash Ketchum.

And that says, I give my two cents vote to the slapstick comedy part as well. It is overly exaggerated to the point of creating opposite effect. Rather then funny, I feel utterly obnoxious whenever I saw anyone pulls off a parodistic facial expression. And out of all the characters, Ash Ketchum and TRio are the worst offenders.

Oh yeah, I also forgot to mention TRio. Well, they are not anything I especially dislike, because I had grew to the point of feeling completely indifferent to them. Whether they stay, appear, blasted off (or kidnapped by Bewear), put on a bus, or killed on-screen, I don't have any emotions towards them.

Rajas

Ash was far from Mary Sue in XY, if anything so far in SM he is unbeatable which I personally don't mind because he should be a GOAT by now. Wrt Ash's character, they shifted his behavior to fit the tone of SM but he does have some other qualities when necessary. His compassion for Litten pre and post Stoutland death, he does show anger at times although it rarely is necessary.
I'd agree about Sophocles and Togedemaru though, they could have just been trial captains but those seem to not exist so whatever. I actually find Ash's Pokemon to be pretty fiesty as well so I don't mind them.

-Low Level Comedy
-Ash's Face (He looks stupid, Rest of the gang look fine)
-Less focus on Litten
-Rushed Akala Arc
-Less Battles
-Aether foundation arc looks bad (I wanted Lusamine to be Lusameanie)

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
I have too many to name....This has been my least favorite Pokemon series ever, even BW beats it and I never thought I'd say that about it.

Dislikes

The school premises- This takes away every thing about Ash we knew, the point in all those school episodes we had in the past showed he was a genius when it came to battles but sucked with school, he failed in both Kanto tests and D/P tests.

- No traveling, stuck at school. Pokemon's all about the traveling and meeting different people and goals to help Ash train.

- Too much cruelty towards Ash, the show itself makes Ash look bad, Iris would love being in this series. She'd make every one look like s newbie with insults.

- No goals, they have quests sure but never gets grounded. Ash hasn't really focused on his supposed goal in along time, just fun. I miss Ash focusing on gyms or whatever event was held he'd want to use it for the leagues. Heck I miss the leagues, he has no rivals either. He has butt stick humor sure but bleh.

- It's hard for me to like these characters when I know they'll be replaced the next region. Plus they don't do much besides being stuck on this island. I also feel lack of interactions between the new cast.
Pretty much this all!
I dislike everything about SM except Lillie and Misty and Brock's return.

DatsRight

What makes you think if Iris returned, she wouldn't be a butt monkey as well? Stuff like her being mummified by Cofagrigus would fit right in with this series.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
What makes you think if Iris returned, she wouldn't be a butt monkey as well? Stuff like her being mummified by Cofagrigus would fit right in with this series.

Because they didn't Misty and Brock butt monkeys. Granted I wouldn't care if Iris' was a target of a few jokes within the series. As long as Iris keeps her core points ("You're such a kid", one with nature, swinging with wines and aiming to be a Dragon Master) I'm good. Hopefully she will have a Faxure to shut her "fan club" up.

SONW

I just did not like the conclusion of the battle against Olivia, a great potential wasted.

Is it possible to criticize SM without giving superficial arguments?
-Animation
-humor
-No journey
-No gyms(which explains the comments of the type: "slow pace")(even with the focus rotation on characters / character development)

or anything that is in the series proposal.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Yet it's been almost 50 episodes and he's just now losing a battle.

Outside of battling he's been acting like one.
Falling for Lana's stupid gag, thinking a WILD Mega is there... which he should know isn't possible.
And thinking the Akala Nurse Joy was the Melemele one...

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
Falling for Lana's stupid gag, thinking a WILD Mega is there... which he should know isn't possible.

Do you realize he's 10 right so of course he'll fall for something like that briefly, it's called "made you look" and children fall for that a lot. And confusing Nurse Joy's have been a running gag since OS. I swear people reach so hard to prove he "regressed" whenever he's acting a bit "immature"/happy.

SH65

Victory Over All!
Do you realize he's 10 right so of course he'll fall for something like that briefly, it's called "made you look" and children fall for that a lot. And confusing Nurse Joy's have been a running gag since OS. I swear people reach so hard to prove he "regressed" whenever he's acting a bit "immature"/happy.

He went though 6 region before this he should be a bit smarter then this.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
He went though 6 region before this he should be a bit smarter then this.

Ash's progression is all over the place. If you watch the series for Ash to remember every single last detail he's exprienced in each region, I'm sorry but....

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Team Rocket not appearing recently. :( We need Team Rocket focused episodes especially if it involves interacting with Aniki and his 2 goons.
Uhh hasn't Ash ALWAYS been that way?!?! He thought magic powder would make you fly back in AG. He's a kid, lay off.

Genaller

Silver Soul

Well actually Mega Mewtwo from Movie 16 was wild and he saw that. Seriously he forgot that all Nurse Joy look very similar (that’s not good)?