• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you do with old teams?

I personally keep all my old teams in a box on my current game. I even sometimes give them heart scales, tm and use them occasionally. I usually beat the current league with them and have battles (where we have to use our HGSS teams for example).

I was wondering what do people on here do with teams from old games or replaced teams?

Russell-Bowman

I plan to get both Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, then transfer my teams from X and Y onto one of them and have it as a "Retirement" cartridge.

I just leave them on that game, unless I really feel bothered enough to transfer them to another game

Kingzard

Shiny Hunter
I do what the OP does, I store all my old teams in my "main" game (which is usually the most current game out). I've gotten a bit bored enough to even wipe all their EVs and EV train them, even though they don't have perfect natures/IVs. I use them for battles online now and then just for fun too.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
I like to take them along into new games/generations for more adventures, battles, and training. Which becomes really fun in situations like today, where older Pokemon are getting Mega Evolutions.

And in the special case of ORAS, my Pokemon from Gen 3 get to go back home :3

Last edited:

Sponge

I migrate them forward and occasionally use them.

Recently I've stalled with the migrating though. I don't usually nickname my Pokémon but I feel if I ever use two of the same species it'll be odd if they both have the default species name.

Kalosian

So long
Once I am done with a team, I just put it in a box in the PC and leave it there for the most part. I might withdraw one or more members at times to use for things like training weaker Pokemon, but they will mostly just stay in the PC and not get any more use.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I've transferred them over to newer gen games, and a bunch are now stored on Bank (others are still in gen 5 games though). Their own Hall of Fame I suppose. forever

ebevan91

They get stored in the PC to never be seen again. I have my teams from my last playthroughs of Platinum, HeartGold, White 2, and X all stored in the PC on X but I have no idea where they are. Especially when you have all 31 boxes full and then several boxes in Pokebank.

Wigger

Unfortunately there is no possible way to get Pokémon from HG and White 2 to Omega Ruby or X. If I could, there are Pokémon specifically I would take from White 2. But they just stay there. But I plan to take some Pokémon from X to Omega Ruby anyway.

Elder Trainer

I tried to send my Pokémon from HG to White 2 when I just bought it (like the beggining of this summer) and I looked for someone to help me to transfer my Pokémon, and she told me that Nintendo shot down the servers for DS already. So I couldn't send my Pokémon from Heart Gold to her game via wi fi.

Trading to others via Wi-Fi was never the only way to do a Gen IV to Gen V transfer. If you have access to a second 3DS you can use the Poke Transfer facility in White 2 after you finish the story. I realize this may not be an option for everyone, but it's there.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
I leave them there and don't look back.

Though I will admit that in the past I did transfer them over to newer games.

Many of my Pokémon from Ruby got transferred over to my Diamond game, but I don't do that anymore.

HMSSparky

Team Rocket Trainee
I never transfer my old teams to my newest game, I don't know why, probably because I can't be bothered. But if I'm going to restart my game on the cartridge, I write a word document with all of my Pokemon's details on it, like stats and moves and stuff so I can remember them.

Aquarelle

Staff member
If the team is on a game I'm going to restart, then I transfer or trade the Pokemon to another game so they don't get deleted.

On my main games that I never restart, though, my teams stay there forever. My teams are often my strongest Pokemon on those games, so transferring them to a new game would leave the old one pretty depleted.

TheDragonKing

King of dragons
I've transferred all of them to my new games, but I'm pretty sure I lost my original Emerald team, which actually kinda depresses me. :(