• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you expect after the Episode N 3 - Parter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kein

AKA Silktree
The dub title "Adventures in Unova."

They aren't leaving Unova.
"Galactic Battles" and "Sinnoh League Victors" were both misleading titles, considering that Team Galactic only showed up in six episodes in the former and Ash didn't win the Sinnoh League in the latter. "Adventures in Unova" could easily be referencing just part of the season; the dub doesn't have the luxury of changing the title as frequently as the original show does these days.

Last edited:

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
We're probably get a new opening which will be the final one for BW. 15-17 episodes is decent for a new opening.

I wouldn't mind that at all. greatest everyday back in DP didn't last too long. but I would assume they'll use the same song from episode N with a different animation. Otherwise that would be 3 different openings for all of BWS2

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I have no idea. I mean it would be cool to see Ash enter a tournament that he could actually win, but it seems really late in the BW series for that. Like, if we had at least known ahead of time that there was something Ash could participate in then that would have been fine, but it would be too random to have him enter another Battle Frontier-esque competition now. Also, I'm pressed at all the Episode N hype. I mean apparently the arc will only last a dozen episodes, so what was the whole point of all that promotion and hype?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Guys, just a thought but is it possible the show will go on break to give the dub time to cagtch up so they can do the simultanous release of the new anime??

SlimeStack

Guys, just a thought but is it possible the show will go on break to give the dub time to cagtch up so they can do the simultanous release of the new anime??

This would actually be very good for us westerners. But I can't imagine them taking such a large break when the anime promotes the franchise so heavily.

diakyu

I was thinking about this, but I don't think they will do it. We know there has to be a genesect episode somewhere if it isn't included before or in the Plasma climax. Not to mention it would be strange if the anime went on a hiatus right before Best Wishes' biggest movie.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Haha, I doubt it. The network would never agree to a hiatus since they would lose money while the anime is off-air. I doubt that even re-runs would help. They're better off continuing the anime.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
Haha, I doubt it. The network would never agree to a hiatus since they would lose money while the anime is off-air. I doubt that even re-runs would help. They're better off continuing the anime.

exactly right, it wouldn't be bad for us and it would ultimately allow simulataneous release of XY anime but it wouldn't be beneficial to the original Japanese version creators.

but does anybody think it's possible that TPCI will air both the beginning if XY and the end of BW at the same time? or are we just not going to get XY at the same time as the original airing? I was also thinking of maybe TPCI will air episode N (adventures in unova, but specifically the original n episodes) in doubles weekly.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Hopefully a lab episode and a reunion episode with all past companions

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Well, these are the things that might happen:

1) Ash gets to participate in the PWT SENIOR Cup and actually wins. I wouldn't REALLY mind if he won this, seeing as that's far better than winning the gimmicky Battle Frontier. All he does in tourneys across Unova is lose due to how far better his opponent is...or how stupid his actions in battle are, like not CHANGING Pokemon.

2) Iris goes through some training to become a leader or something.

3) Fillers.

4) Axew gets lost.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
Well, these are the things that might happen:

1) Ash gets to participate in the PWT SENIOR Cup and actually wins. I wouldn't REALLY mind if he won this, seeing as that's far better than winning the gimmicky Battle Frontier. All he does in tourneys across Unova is lose due to how far better his opponent is...or how stupid his actions in battle are, like not CHANGING Pokemon.

2) Iris goes through some training to become a leader or something.

3) Fillers.

4) Axew gets lost.

LMAO. this is BW in a nutshell.

Arceusgamer14

What about Team Rocket finally finishing there Meteonite episode. The rest of Team Rocket will come back to Unova to finish there Meteonite mission, only to get attack by Team Plasma who have changed their hearts to good. And maybe as well as Mewtwo attacking Team Rocket.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
aIt does make me curious as to what is gonna happen to Ash though. If the N stuff is done by April, that leaves quite a few episodes left. Nothing has been hinted at past April except for a pre movie episode(s).

cauldronmaster

You're 99% wrong. PUSA have the episodes that lie ahead. That's how they title their seasons.

They have only the aired Japanese episodes that lie ahead. Any info they would have on episodes not yet aired in Japan, if any, would be coming from the same sources as were getting them from ourselves. They're not collaborating with the Japanese storyboard directors or anything like that.

Think about it for a second. In order for an episode to be dubbed, the dubbers (TPCI) need the footage of the episode from the original source (Shopro). Barring two specials which are arguably non-canon to the main anime and specifically planned for the purpose of a US initial airing, Shopro has not given footage of any raw episode to international dubbers before the raw episode airs in japan, and for good reason. What if something comes up that forces them to remove an episode from syndication, or make a major edit to avoid a lawsuit? These things only come up days before the episode's intended air date at the earliest. It wouldn't make any sense for any localization company to waste time and effort on an anime episode that may need to be scrapped due to a last minute major change to that episode by the original producers.

All TPCI does is localize the Japanese pokemon products for international audiences. Not only does this not require them to have foresight from future events that occur 25-30 episode later, we've also seen plot point mistranslations (Dawn's nickname for example) that could have actually been avoided with such foresight.

As for the season titles, that's just TPCI's own interpretation of what future events will be based on the episodes that have already aired in Japan for that season. Since the new season in the states usually starts with roughly half of its episodes already aired in japan, it really isn't that hard to put 2 and 2 together to figure out the general plot of the remaining episodes.

That said, the possibility of doing something in Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/Orre, though slim, still exists.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.