• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you expect after the Episode N 3 - Parter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have only the aired Japanese episodes that lie ahead. Any info they would have on episodes not yet aired in Japan, if any, would be coming from the same sources as were getting them from ourselves. They're not collaborating with the Japanese storyboard directors or anything like that.

Think about it for a second. In order for an episode to be dubbed, the dubbers (TPCI) need the footage of the episode from the original source (Shopro). Barring two specials which are arguably non-canon to the main anime and specifically planned for the purpose of a US initial airing, Shopro has not given footage of any raw episode to international dubbers before the raw episode airs in japan, and for good reason. What if something comes up that forces them to remove an episode from syndication, or make a major edit to avoid a lawsuit? These things only come up days before the episode's intended air date at the earliest. It wouldn't make any sense for any localization company to waste time and effort on an anime episode that may need to be scrapped due to a last minute major change to that episode by the original producers.

All TPCI does is localize the Japanese pokemon products for international audiences. Not only does this not require them to have foresight from future events that occur 25-30 episode later, we've also seen plot point mistranslations (Dawn's nickname for example) that could have actually been avoided with such foresight.

As for the season titles, that's just TPCI's own interpretation of what future events will be based on the episodes that have already aired in Japan for that season. Since the new season in the states usually starts with roughly half of its episodes already aired in japan, it really isn't that hard to put 2 and 2 together to figure out the general plot of the remaining episodes.

That said, the possibility of doing something in Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/Orre, though slim, still exists.

Wrong. The Rival Destinies opening had a scene with Skyla in it before the Skyla episode even aired in Japan. That proves you're not right.

PUSA currently have all the N episodes that have been created in Japan, including this 3-parter just announced. Japan sends the episodes to the US via disc as soon as the episodes are finished in production. It has nothing to do with sending them after the episodes air in Japan. Only someone uninformed would think that.

Last edited:
Yup. PUSA may lack quality with the voice acting, but they aren't uninformed about future episodes and what will happen.

True. Although TPCi has been improving in that respect, the dialogue/scripts, and the openings to at least tolerable-somewhat good levels now, IMO. I'm finally satisfied with TPCi's dub. True, I may just not like it as much as the 4Kids dub, but it's definitely gotten better.

The dub BGM music they use, on the other hand...I still don't like that at all. Not the insert songs like, "The Ultimate Challenge!" persay (I like those), but the replacement BGM they use. The 4Kids dub (same goes for early PUSA/TAJ dub) one was so much more full of life. Although, I can see why someone would get sick of hearing the same BGM 8 seasons in a row (TAJ used it most of the time in 9 and 10: I liked that), but it feels classic to me and I always felt it was really passionate. I cannot believe how low Loeffler and Corallo have sunk in that regard. :/

Last edited:

RVD_fan

I would love to see White Hollow/Black Tower done right, especially if Ash has to go in there alone. They could have Iris/Cilan doing other stuff on the surface and being in communication with Ash via video.

cauldronmaster

Wrong. The Rival Destinies opening had a scene with Skyla in it before the Skyla episode even aired in Japan. That proves you're not right.

PUSA currently have all the N episodes that have been created in Japan, including this 3-parter just announced. Japan sends the episodes to the US via disc as soon as the episodes are finished in production. It has nothing to do with sending them after the episodes air in Japan. Only someone uninformed would think that.

IIRC, those Skyla clips also were part of the previews for those episodes, which DID air before that opening (i remember RD debuting at the same time the gym battle speculation here was in full swing). Of course this doesn't prove me right, but you're going to need a better example to prove me wrong.

More importantly, if memory serves me correctly, aren't episode titles leaked as soon as they finish production. If so, TPCI shouldn't have anything beyond the revealed titles, and that's going by your own argument. Even if they do have the three parter and a few episodes after that, they probably received them long after they picked a title for the season, which means the title has no intended connection with those episodes.

As for being uninformed, not much information is out there regarding individual dubbing processes (please prove me wrong on this). Anything I am saying is just coming from common sense and observations from past episodes/specials/movies.

Last edited:

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
BWn9: March 14
BWn10: March 21
BWn11: March 28
BWn12: April 4: Ash vs. N
BWn13: April 11: Reshiram
BWn14: April 18: Plasma Conclusion
BWn15: April 25
BWn16: May 2
BWn17: May 9
BWn18: May 16
BWn19: May 23
BWn20: May 30
BWn21: June 6
BWn22: June 13
BWn23: June 20
BWn24: June 27
BREAK: July 4: Keldeo movie re-airing
BREAK: July 11: New movie special whatnot break.

BWn25: July 18
BWn26: July 25
BWn27: August 1
BWn28: August 8
BWn29: August 15
BWn30: August 22
BWn31: August 29
BWn32: September 5
BWn33: September 12
BWn34: September 19
BWn35: September 26
October 2: Likely break before..
XY-1/2: October 9

So..
- 4 episodes: Tournament
- 2 episodes: Iris/Cilan and Georgia/Burgundy
- 2 episodes: Saying goodbyes
- 1 episode: Pallet Town!!!

That's 9 episodes, we still have 12-13 to fill.. Actually, there probably is enough to fill them with, but I doubt we'll see everything..

Please no Stunfisk outbreak unless it leads to Stunfisk/Palpitoad development/evolving before a tournament or something.. There are still places like Mistralton Cave, Village Bridge, Strange House, Lostlorn Forest, White Tree Hollow, Giant Chasm, Reversal Mountain, or Dragonspiral Tower that are far more interesting then a Stunfisk outbreak.

They already tied the movie to the animé, when N saw Genesect's silhouette in a destroyed P2 laboratory. They don't really have to do more then that to be held true to their words.

Not sure if anyone has corrected you but there will most definitely be an episode on July 4th. The movie airs July 13th, so an episode will air the 4th, while on the 11th be the re-airing of the Keldeo Movie, like you said. The last thing I need right now is another 21 day break.

I think there is a real possbility they just drop them without any real conclusion to the rivalry.

Why end Episode N is April and not give Georgia and Burgundy closure? They have time. They didn't forget about them. And in DP, Kenny actually did get closure in the Jasmine and Flint episode.

LizardonX

Banned
Why end Episode N is April and not give Georgia and Burgundy closure? They have time. They didn't forget about them. And in DP, Kenny actually did get closure in the Jasmine and Flint episode.

They can do any number of random fillers not concerning them. Besides they could always give them indirect unsatisfying closures like a tournament where Ash beats Burgundy's Samurott with his mijumaru in round one and she finally realizes her dreams are futile and she would never amount to anything.

Wait that is satisfying.

They can do any number of random fillers not concerning them. Besides they could always give them indirect unsatisfying closures like a tournament where Ash beats Burgundy's Samurott with his mijumaru in round one and she finally realizes her dreams are futile and she would never amount to anything.

Considering how popular both of them are, I think they're getting something.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
If they couldn't even bother to give any of Ash's rivals proper conclusions besides a league loss what makes you think sidekick rivals will get anything better?

Kinda true... Kinda true...

More Axew gets lost overused plots please. I foresee an Axew gets intentionally lost Pochama treatment when Iris leaves.

If they couldn't even bother to give any of Ash's rivals proper conclusions besides a league loss what makes you think sidekick rivals will get anything better?

Stephan got enough and Trip got development from the Junior Cup arc. I think they got proper conclusions. Cameron and Virgil are League rivals who never get much anyway and I think Bianca will show up again later on anyway.

IIRC, those Skyla clips also were part of the previews for those episodes, which DID air before that opening (i remember RD debuting at the same time the gym battle speculation here was in full swing). Of course this doesn't prove me right, but you're going to need a better example to prove me wrong.

More importantly, if memory serves me correctly, aren't episode titles leaked as soon as they finish production. If so, TPCI shouldn't have anything beyond the revealed titles, and that's going by your own argument. Even if they do have the three parter and a few episodes after that, they probably received them long after they picked a title for the season, which means the title has no intended connection with those episodes.

As for being uninformed, not much information is out there regarding individual dubbing processes (please prove me wrong on this). Anything I am saying is just coming from common sense and observations from past episodes/specials/movies.

Every clip from the Rival Destinies opening came from actual episodes, not previews. Again, this proves you're simply grasping at straws hoping they leave Unova after the N finale. The fact is they aren't because rivals like Georgia and Burgundy haven't gotten their conclusions.

And no, episode titles aren't leaked as soon as they finish production. Otherwise we would have a bunch of episodes titles already revealed following this 3-part finale because they're already finished. Episodes are finished long before we get the titles. It's not a matter of finishing production on an episode one day and getting the title info the next. It doesn't work that way. You can bet that this 3-part finale has been finished for a while but we're just getting info about it now.

PUSA isn't clueless like you're trying to convey. They aren't gonna title their season "Adventures in Unova" and then the gang returns to Kanto instead. They wouldn't have chosen that title then.

Status
Not open for further replies.