• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you find annoying about your/somebody elses accent

wearjo

Pokemon Trader
Hey guys, my new thread is about accents that are extremely annoying to you.......

For me, it's my own!!! it sounds perfectly normal when im talking but when i listen to a recording, it sounds like im half aussie, half english!!!! The aussie part is the natural part.... IT MAKES ME SOUND SOOOOO RETARDED!!!!!!! anyway... of to you guys :)

ashhleeyy

εμπιστοσύνη
i have a wisconsin accent which i can only imagine sounds disgusting. my long vowels are particularly long and probably nasally; i usually feign a more monotonous american accent when i can and in the presence of people i've never talked to before. also, i've noticed i say words different like "winner" instead of winter, "yer" instead of your, and probably a lot more than i realize. i always notice how i say home too. h-oooh-me.

bleh.

ashhleeyy

εμπιστοσύνη
This is just my own personal experience. 100% of the gals I've met from Wisconsin have been Extremely alluring. That disgusting accent, as you call it, is a Big bonus.

bahaha that's amazing. never would i have thought sounding like a duck would make me alluring. whoop.

Flame Mistress

My own... It sounds fine to me, and many others as well, but my parents and my tutors all say it's weird. So I've tried recording, and it sounded fine, but when I showed it to my parents, my friends and my tutors, there was a big argument between them about whether my accent was weird or not.

dangermags

bahaha that's amazing. never would i have thought sounding like a duck would make me alluring. whoop.

You think it makes you sound like a duck, but we're always our worst critics. I hate my voice, it's completely useless. I think I sound like a vivisected cat.

Apparently, people really like vivisected cats.

Mark1006

Jesus's rasta friend
I like my accent, not too country, not too posh, and it can change depending on who I'm talking to.It's an Irish accent, specifically West Cork(south of the country).

Can't stand the Northern Irish accent.It would drive me demented.

ChedWick

Um... is it considered an accent when you pronounce ask as ax. Or would we just consider that having pisspoor/retarded annunciation? Is the former then that annoys the freaking bejesus out of me.

Flame Mistress

Um... is it considered an accent when you pronounce ask as ax. Or would we just consider that having pisspoor/retarded annunciation? Is the former then that annoys the freaking bejesus out of me.

It is not considered annoying in our class, although that might be because some people do that in our class.

But the really annoying thing is a girl in our class (well, they're all girls) says aaks, like the standard British accent, and our teacher corrects it as ask, like the American accent, and the girl says aks, as in the Americsn accent. *facepalm*

Seem

Hollen i ven.
Ah swap with me, I love the Aussie accent! I'd give you my posh countryside accent in exchange! haha!

I love all accents, it's so wonderful listening to others from different places.

says aaks, like the standard British accent, and our teacher corrects it as ask, like the American accent, and the girl says aks, as in the Americsn accent. *facepalm*

She was "corrected" because she spoke differently to how Americans speak? I'd be bloody upset if someone "corrected" me like that just because I don't say it like them. haha!

Last edited:

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I don't have a prob with anyone's accent, but I do have a problem with my moms grammar.
Imagine being publicly scorned for bringing your mother a basket when she meant cart.

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
I don't have any real problem with my accent, but I hate my voice. It's nasal and my 'S'es sound strange.

As for other accents, South Asian accents annoy me terribly. I have no idea why, I just find them really grating.

Last edited:

Trainer Evan

Local Crackpot
Aboot. And that's really it. Also the way some people say Mario. It's MAR-EE-OHH. Not MARE-EE-OHH. Stop it. :mad:

DJMonty

<--- Currently REing
My Austrian accent is awesome. It's so guttural! I love the gravelly, Northern English accent one of my friends has, and the Jamaican one a few have, but I absolutely hate Southern English accents! They make me cringe!

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
The German accent kinda makes me chuckle but i actually find accents cute not annoying. Especially on the ladies of course.

superjesus1

Definitely my own accent, it's boring dull and monotonous. That may be my tone and pitch rather than my accent but still, it bugs me haha!

I get bugged by certain pronounciations of words as well - especially aluminium! It is quite clearly pronounced AL-UM-IN-EE-UM (with the EE-UM bit sounding a bit like 'eeyum') and definitely not as A-LOO-MIN-UM XD That really really gets on my nerves for some reason, even though it's not really an accent thing - sorry for being a bit off topic, oops hehe ...

Last edited: