• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you guys think will happen with Totodile in the league?

Snorby

Snorby
I'm wondering your guys' thoughts on Ash's Totodile. The reason I make this thread is because I kinda think he was the Gible of Johto. Anyway, will he star big time here? Will he utterly fail? Will he evolve? We he do nothing what so ever? Who will he face? Who will............... GOSH DANGIT I'M OUTTA QUESTIONS! without further ado, DiScUsS!!!!!!!!!!

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
It'll probably get 1 battle and that's it.

I don't see it evolving. The writers don't care about Ash's Johto Pokemon and Quilava's 15 second battle in the league shows that.

I honestly think the writers have a grudge against Ash's Johto Pokemon. Heracross and Donphan are the only ones that are allowed to be shown as strong pokemon, the starters and Noctowl are treated like crap.

Grassmen

Novice Breeder
Have to agree unfortunately, I don't imagine Totodile is going to be treated very well.

Hopefully they at least give Totodile some new moves (and I don't mean just Hydro Pump or something, more versatility like they've given Quilava and Heracross). One battle for it is enough I think, but one that hopefully lasts a few minutes and shows off some diversity and its own unique style of battling. I can't really predict what battle it'll be in; perhaps the battle against Conway? Here's hoping it's not just showcased in a 2nd round victory shot of something, which they could quite easily do :(

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Totodile is in the league? Anyway, if so then Ash might use it for 1 battle (probably will lose that battle anyway)

Grassmen

Novice Breeder
Totodile is in the league? Anyway, if so then Ash might use it for 1 battle (probably will lose that battle anyway)

We don't know that it is, for all we know it might not be used at all. It was in the opening and shown in DP182, so it seems like it will be, but it's no certainty.

Snorby

Snorby
If totodile learns superpower, i will be satisfied

pokefandt

I want to see Totodile evolve into a Croconaw, like Thunderblade12 and others have said. Plus a couple of new moves wouldn't hurt as well.

But knowing the writers, this is probably a pipe dream.

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
Totodile probably will only get one battle in the league and he'll might win that battle (then fail at the next), I think he won't evolve since... I don't know, he's better as a Totodile.

Grassmen

Novice Breeder
Croconaw isn't much different to Totodile physiologically, so it'd be a pretty boring evolution, though a necessary one to reach Feraligatr, which would be more interesting. Here's hoping if it did become a Feraligatr at some point, it would still dance all over the place and freak everyone out ^^

In terms of new moves Totodile could learn, it has a surprisingly diverse movepool (in comparison to Bayleef for example, who is very limited). In my opinion, the following moves could be interesting.

• Aqua Tail - Khoury's Totodile used this move, and made it look very interesting. Ash's could similarly pull of this move.
  • Waterfall - Alternative new water move. Mainly because it's a physical move, and we haven't seen it much in the anime before.
  • Ice Fang - Why not? Totodile loves biting on things (as we saw in DP182)
  • Superpower - In it's movepool, and a fighting type move would give it greater diversity.
  • Shadow Claw - I don't see it as likely, but Zoey's Glameow had this move and I simply liked the animation. It'd be very different and unpredictable.
  • Dragon Dance - Battle benefits of Totodile's dancing... again, unlikely, but I can't remember seeing this move animated before. Could look great.

I'd be happy if Totodile even got one of these moves. More than anything though, I just hope Totodile gets a decent battle, because I think it deserves it.

TerraWolf

Banned
I could see Totodile getting DD and Ice Fang. Fire Punch might be a bit to far, but it is possible.

But then again, the writers hate Ash's water type's, that explains why none of them have evolved since Kingler and he was lucky. Evolving and Hyper Beam in the same Episode. That never happened to a water Pokemon of Ash's afterwards.

terminoob

The Underdog
I could see Totodile getting DD and Ice Fang. Fire Punch might be a bit to far, but it is possible.

...Totodile can't learn Fire Punch >.>

Anyway, personally I'd like to see him learn Uproar. It goes well with his constant yapping, and it'd be extremely helpful against Darkrai [provided Totodile is used in that battle]. In addition to Uproar, I think Ice Fang would be quite nice [as well as Dragon Dance, if the writers decided to ignore the fact it's an egg move.] I could also seeing him learning Thrash and Flail [though I don't want to see him learn those two >.>]

Unfortunately, he probably won't get that nice of a battle, considering how many battles we have left in the league. If he is used, it'll either be against Conway or the LT [I'm personally banking on being used against the LT.]

Grassmen

Novice Breeder
...Totodile can't learn Fire Punch >.>

Anyway, personally I'd like to see him learn Uproar. It goes well with his constant yapping, and it'd be extremely helpful against Darkrai [provided Totodile is used in that battle]. In addition to Uproar, I think Ice Fang would be quite nice [as well as Dragon Dance, if the writers decided to ignore the fact it's an egg move.] I could also seeing him learning Thrash and Flail [though I don't want to see him learn those two >.>]

Unfortunately, he probably won't get that nice of a battle, considering how many battles we have left in the league. If he is used, it'll either be against Conway or the LT [I'm personally banking on being used against the LT.]

Actually, Uproar is a pretty interesting choice too. Ash's pick of Heracross showed the development of his strategic thinking, and so an Uproar Totodile that could be used against the L.T. for example would be possible too. Of course, another pokemon chosen specifically to avoid the negative effects of sleep would be a bit dull...

thunderblade12

-Aqua Tail
- Water Gun
- Ice Fang
- Superpower

And it'll probably beat one of Conway or the Darkrai trainer's pokemon. If it's used as the fall guy yet again, I give up on Totodile.

crawdauntpro

darksidetrainer
-Aqua Tail
- Water Gun
- Ice Fang
- Superpower

And it'll probably beat one of Conway or the Darkrai trainer's pokemon. If it's used as the fall guy yet again, I give up on Totodile.

I agree with the movepool and hopefully an evolution would be great as well!

Lucille

I hope Totodile learns shadow claw if anything. I doubt he's going to evolve but it'd be badass if he did