• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you hope happens with Axew before the series ends?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping for a decent win somewhere. Maybe against one of Clairs. Give her a Gible or something.

Also hoping it beats Beartic if Iris faces Georgia again

But honestly I have pretty much given up on the thing.

The little guy just needs to become a competent battler, that's all we really need to see.

Don't hold your breath on an evolution since it's unlikely that we're getting any team changes in the Da arc.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Hope? Well not much really, I hope for some more battles and usage, a tag battle with Scraggy, and an evolution alongside Scraggy. Not much to be honest.

RVD_fan

I'll say it evolves at the end and when Iris makes her cameo next season it evolves into Haxorus

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I don't expect Axew to attain any more victories in BW tbh, at least none that would be realistic. I mean his recent loss against Vanillite left a bitter taste in my mouth and I don't think he could beat another Pokemon without resorting to some form of DEM. I think small Dragon-types such as Dratini or Gible might still be too much for Axew to handle for the same reason that Vanillite was. I don't even expect an evolution at this point; in my opinion, Axew's dream of evolving was just a plot device used to fool us fans into thinking that progress would be made, but the writers obviously care more about Axew's popularity than his development. Being cute and lovable is such a curse. :p

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
He lost to an ice beam, a move he's super weak against. I know he would've lasted long if it weren't for that move.

But this time Ciccone may be right when Dratini and Gible were mentioned. Dragon-types are also weak to Dragon-type moves. If that's the excuse then he'll never get better especially when battling bigger dragon-types.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I'm hoping he starts to act less childish and show some maturation. That's about it, because in reality, he won't get any good battles and doesn't need powerful moves.

Blue Saturday

But this time Ciccone may be right when Dratini and Gible were mentioned. Dragon-types are also weak to Dragon-type moves. If that's the excuse then he'll never get better especially when battling bigger dragon-types.
Axew would have an advantage too and I could easily see him beating one of those Dragons regardless, he wasn't gonna beat Vanillite simply because the whole tournament was a plot device for Cilan's detective shenanigans. Give him a serious battle and judge his worth.

Hikatoshi26

Axew would have an advantage too and I could easily see him beating one of those Dragons regardless, he wasn't gonna beat Vanillite simply because the whole tournament was a plot device for Cilan's detective shenanigans. Give him a serious battle and judge his worth.

Agreed. Kibago didnt get a fair shake it was frozen and fainted and it didnt use Giga impact or Outrage. A straight victim of plot device.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
Only thing I hope for it is evolution, nothing less.

knux-the-killer

Evolution.
I could swear that's it dream but the anime as usual...

telivisionhead

It's probably never going to evolve. Piplup never evolve, Pikachu never evolved. Though Iris should evolve Axew, I like Axew as annoying as that one can get but I just want it to evolve even though it probably won't. Oh well. Well Cilin's pansage didnt evolve in the anime (I think at least!) Maybe Axew would be like that?

Dreamy

I hope he doesn't evolve yet, maybe later when/if Iris makes a cameo in the next region she'll let him out and he will be a Fraxure.

Blue Saturday

It's kind of awkward because some of his wins are plot devices (vs Luke). So I guess it's.... payback?
His only plot device win was Outrage, every other battle has been fair. Axew had a faulty special move in Focus Blast like Axew did with Dragon Rage and Scraggy has a recoil/recharge move in Hi Jump Kick like Axew does with Giga Impact. They both had the useless Normal move in Scratch/Headbutt, Scraggy has Leer and Axew's Outrage seems to have gotten retconned because dialogue from Cilan in the Cynthia debut episode implies Axew can no longer use Outrage anymore. I'm gonna take a wild guess it got replaced because it looks expensive to animate(More on level with the speed close combat scene between Infernape and Croagunk in the Darkrai movie.) and they might stick to the generic Giga Impact as a replacement as it's just a charging and tackling move. Though it still looked rather beautifully done when used against Garchomp, more so than Cinccino's.

Status
Not open for further replies.