• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you hope happens with Axew before the series ends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunter ゴースト

I want it too evolve into Fraxure, or into Haxorus... that or i want Axew to become the god of all Axew.

It's wrong that the latter is more likely to happen.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Axew's Outrage seems to have gotten retconned because dialogue from Cilan in the Cynthia debut episode implies Axew can no longer use Outrage anymore.

Cilan can be wrong you that right?

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
The reason why Axew learnt Outrage in this episode is more complex than that. To understand all of this, you should go to a Trainer Yusuf post in Bulbagarden in the thread "the writers do enough with Iris" in the page 25 (it isn't exact). (it's posted just before Cynthia, he thought that Iris wouldn'0t cartch Dragonite).

The main reason why Axew learnt Outrage is because an animator can't contribute the show anymore, that episode would be the last episode that he made and apparently the animator want to do something special before he leaves the show.

If you see, the episode 42 of Best Wishes (Club Battle/Don Battle Part 4) was animated by Takagawa. THis animator is considered the best animator of the Pokemon anime. But he only appears in very few episodes. He did 4 episodes in early BW, with the last of them being that episode. This is apparently the last episode done by him in Best Wishes. Probably because she want to show his animation, he did the animation of Axew attak to make it like a departure.

Because that, the episode was made that way. Take note that starting here, we are going into the episodes produced after the earthquake, who has less money to do them and etc. and an animator with Tamagawa can't eb uin the show because it's so expensive compared to other cheaper animators that use stocked footage.

The attack, to show off, can't be stocked in future episodes. And remember, that if a attack can't be stocked in Best Wishes, you won't be saying the attack many times. That attack can't be used.

Because the animation of Outrage is so expensive, the writers don't want to showcase it. And because it, Axew is only using Dragon Rage except two times that he uses Giga Impact. Cheaper attacks that can be stocked.

Note: although many of us dislike it, if yopu want the attack to play again and again, you have to use the same animation again, again, again, again, again, again.

jh941

I think one of the last few episodes Axew will evolve, simultaneously with Scraggy. Then later on when Iris has a cameo it will be revealed to have become a Haxorus.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I've given up on wanting Axew to evolve. It would seem a bit random if it were to do that now since it hasn't really been doing anything in a while. If it does than good, if not than I really don't care.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Cilan can be wrong you that right?

Usually if the show points out something and treats it as such, it's canon. Cilan said Axew was out of moves to use against Garchomp, we can only assume he was implying that Axew only had Dragon Rage and Scratch.

Usually if the show points out something and treats it as such, it's canon. Cilan said Axew was out of moves to use against Garchomp, we can only assume he was implying that Axew only had Dragon Rage and Scratch.

yea but it wouldn't be the first time the writers have made a mistake

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
For it to evolve. It wants to evolve and it is also Iris's task

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
What do you hope happens with Ax-hue before the series ends?

Nothing. If it has been this long, at almost 90% of this saga finished, and his dream from episode 6 ignored and forgotten, then leave him unevolved.

For it to evolve. It wants to evolve and it is also Iris's task

Iris cannot force anything. He will evolve when he feels like it, if ever.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I only want him to have an episode focused on his friendship with Scraggy.
That's all. I lost hope in Axew's fate and I can't say I want him to mature and grow up since Axew has been created that way and it would be a big change if that was happening. I like how Axew looks ridiculous and how people hate his way to act, but I do want him to have better skills and potential in battle. The evolution could end that problem, but that is over the unprobable. If Axew isn't evolving by the end of the Best Wishes! saga, then it will remain the cute, marketable and money-maker Pokémon he use to be and I don't have much problem with this. He will be gone by then and we'll be on another journey.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
While, I'd like for it to evolve, I'd just hope it get a new (and useful) move. Also, to grow up a little bit. I'm getting tired of it acting like a unneeded plot device.

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!
Evolve, win a battle, stop getting lost, train with scraggy,
Anything other then yelling KIBA! From iris' hair

fitzy909

Just another guy
Evolve for sure, maybe against clair? i also want to see it not get lost so much, it gets tiresome. hopefully, it will grow more by the end of this saga.

Mew The Gato

However, if it evolves, then Axew and Scraggy would not be evenly matched...
I do not think that Scraggy will evolve, either, as it is somewhat more appealing than Scrafty...

Due to this, Axew might not evolve, after all...

adamfitz

poké-lover
Although I love axew as is and think he's adorable
It wants to evolve
So I'd live for ash and iris to have an intense battle
Using scraggy and axew last
Both simultaneously evolving
Learning new moves and battling it out as fracxure and scrafty
Fraxure winning in the end

This been one of the last episodes in unova
That way it won't really matter if there evolutions are marketable or not

_____

But I can see axew staying as iris' cutey partner
I have no problem with axew staying the way he is
I actually really love axew as he is now
I'd love to see a axew and scraggy episode

Last edited:

IcySealeo

The reason why Axew learnt Outrage in this episode is more complex than that. To understand all of this, you should go to a Trainer Yusuf post in Bulbagarden in the thread "the writers do enough with Iris" in the page 25 (it isn't exact). (it's posted just before Cynthia, he thought that Iris wouldn'0t cartch Dragonite).

The main reason why Axew learnt Outrage is because an animator can't contribute the show anymore, that episode would be the last episode that he made and apparently the animator want to do something special before he leaves the show.

If you see, the episode 42 of Best Wishes (Club Battle/Don Battle Part 4) was animated by Takagawa. THis animator is considered the best animator of the Pokemon anime. But he only appears in very few episodes. He did 4 episodes in early BW, with the last of them being that episode. This is apparently the last episode done by him in Best Wishes. Probably because she want to show his animation, he did the animation of Axew attak to make it like a departure.

Because that, the episode was made that way. Take note that starting here, we are going into the episodes produced after the earthquake, who has less money to do them and etc. and an animator with Tamagawa can't eb uin the show because it's so expensive compared to other cheaper animators that use stocked footage.

The attack, to show off, can't be stocked in future episodes. And remember, that if a attack can't be stocked in Best Wishes, you won't be saying the attack many times. That attack can't be used.

Because the animation of Outrage is so expensive, the writers don't want to showcase it. And because it, Axew is only using Dragon Rage except two times that he uses Giga Impact. Cheaper attacks that can be stocked.

Note: although many of us dislike it, if yopu want the attack to play again and again, you have to use the same animation again, again, again, again, again, again.

Never knew that. Thanks for telling us this, it is really interesting.

At first I thought - "what's the problem to animate this attack? Only red eyes and red aura and that's it". But then I remembered that it punches all the time and then it gets confused, so it's very complicated. Well, too bad we won't see this move anymore (probably).

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
No it was a plot point and nothing else, he used Outrage out of desperation, Iris probably didn't want him to use it again so he hasn't, specially since he hasn't been in any desperate situation or atleat not like that one where he was about to lose but he wanted to win not just for him but for his trainer also.

SceptileTheBanana

DRAGON TAIL!

Oh, that explains that then. Well maybe if they didn't waste so much money on useless episodes where Axew gets lost then maybe they'd have enough money for Outrage... Lol I'm just kidding

Status
Not open for further replies.