• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you name your pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrairieStorm

This thread is for talking about what you name your pokemon.

Some of my examples,are my ponyta named Epona,and a pachirisu named Yachiru. I plan to catch a swinub,and name it Ganon.

Pokemon Z RPG

Little Squirt
Sometimes I just don't name them, but most of the time I name them either after my friends/family or whatever random names I can think of at the time.

I don't usually name my pokemon except for in my Platinum. The only good names were Inferno for my Infernape and Gordo for my Snorlax. My Torterra's name is Twigy but that kinda lost its glory after Turtwig evolved...

AmbipomM

Happy Creature
Ambipom=Cheese
Basically, anything completely random.

ShinySandshrew

†God Follower†
I don't normally name my Pokemon. There was one time that I named a Flygon "Diggon" because it knew Dig. I have a friend who would name his pokemon weird things like "3x+4y=12."

AlexG123

Pokefan
i name my pokemon based on people i know, people from tv shows, or just whatever pops up into my mind

Gary9021

Only time I do is for friendly matches with my friends, or for the ingame, I always name my water type 'firefiter' for the heck of it

The Seer

OOH...MYEE...GAAWD..
I use my friends and family's names for some of my pokemon.

Only if I'm in the mood for it. Some of my nicknamed Pokémon are: Lalita (Latias), Kissy (Togekiss), Gripper (Dusknoir), Stallord (Forretres) and Milkshake (Miltank). Yeah, my nicknames suck XD

Fossil Man

CRAGLY-HO!
Depends, Some pokemon I see a resemblance to other people or characters in games, books, or other media.

My Marowak "Flint" and my Heracross "Duster" are both named off of two of the main characters from the game Mother 3 for example. I like them both a lot so I decided to make a tribute to the two greatest characters of all time.

ThousandMaster

Magic School Dropout
Sometimes I just go with something that sounds amusing, or I add on honorifics. For example, a Tentacruel named Tentchan.

For others, however, I go with references to other media or mythology. Like a Jigglypuff with Sunny Day and Solarbeam named Amaterasu, for a mythological reference, or a Slowking named Namor, for a comic book reference.

PostmanPenguin

Sleept too long...
Sometimes I have problems nicknaming my Pokemon, but mostly I give the ones that I use the most nicknames. For example, I called my Garchomp "Land Shark" and my Togekiss "Lucky".

JerisEnigma

Unemployed Red Mage
I either name them I thought was awesome from whatever I'm into at the time (I once played a fully Star Wars themed game) especially from animes, choose something meaningful to me, or just make something up on the spot that randomly fit that mon.

Status
Not open for further replies.