• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you NOT want to see in HG/SS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I do not want to see:

Honey trees ( bring back headbutt)
Non-catchable red gyrados
Phone (just keep vs seeker w/ gym leader rematches)
Generation III & IV pokemon beforw elite 4
Defog ( worst hm ever)
Articuno/moltres/zapdos

Valkyrie X

I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this already, but I really liked the feature where your mom could save money and buy you items like Moonstones. There was many a time in which I went back to New Bark Town when I was low on cash...It'd kinda suck if that whole thing was removed.

Dillio_686

Cold-Blooded
I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this already, but I really liked the feature where your mom could save money and buy you items like Moonstones. There was many a time in which I went back to New Bark Town when I was low on cash...It'd kinda suck if that whole thing was removed.

I agree, that was a very handy addition to the games. It was something like a bank, where you can run to mom to borrow cash, lol. Not to mention some of those items like Moonstone's were needed for evolutions.

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I totally forgot about how your mom saved money. I hope they keep that, because every once in a while, your mom would buy something useful.

What I also forgot to mention is...
The train from Saffron city to Goldenrod city!!!!! Keep it in the game, Please! As it's a easy way to get in and out of the regions.

Xintetsu

one thing id really like to see as far as the pokegear goes is for it to be on the touch screen but still have have the same oldschool layout as it did in the old games with the same old school 8-bit graphics from the game accept for the map being revamped in it.
id also like to see some new apps come out for it nothing fancy.

id like for them to keep the headbutting as well that was some thing that was unique.

Improved story in kanto...i mean cmon kanto was an awesome awesome awesome addition to the original g/s/c versions but it was lacking a bit of structure causing it to become boring very fast id like to see some thing revolving around RED or a new plot from teamrocket..or maybe even some new side quest that will help us learn more about the pokemon world's history, and a story based around the mystrious white rocks that are in all regions from kanto to sinnoh.

another great improvement that i'd like to see is the plot with celebi and the GS ball coming out as a wi-fi gift..ooh and the good old style mystery gift where you could recive a random gift each day from friends over the black screen connecter thingy the gbcs had but this time over local wireless.

a few more obtainable pokemon legendary or other wise after obtaining the national dex.

a few new dayily events and new locations oh and the grand reopening of the saffarizone id love to see that too! not to mention the mystrious building that the guy is making in vermilion iv allways wondered what it is or will be i mean maybe it'll be some thing that only opens up after obtaining all 8 kanto badges and you gotta beat the elite 4 a second time after that for it to be finished on construction.

the great old classic feel from it that will make me all nostalgic and happy from good times i had as a kid with the game

and thats all for me..oh yeah! running shoes early in the game maybe as soon as you get the egg from mister pokemon they gotta have the running shoes earlier than they did in FR/LG xD any way yeah thats all for me that i want to expect outta the game.

LOL im a total R-tard i posted this in the wrong place xD ignore me for i am stupid

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
Yes, i liked the train. However i was thinking that maybe they could do some mind of plot where team rocket takes control of it.

^ I thought this was about what you do not want?

On Topic:
-I didn't like all those trainers with Magikarps that gladly challenge you on one of the routes.
-Some of the cell phone calls (they were bothersome)

Btw, anybody remember the Slowpoketails?

^ I thought this was about what you do not want?

On Topic:
-I didn't like all those trainers with Magikarps that gladly challenge you on one of the routes.
-Some of the cell phone calls (they were bothersome)

Btw, anybody remember the Slowpoketails?

Of course I remember the Slowpoketails. Team rocket cut them off for cash. haha

Dillio_686

Cold-Blooded
I don't want to see them put apricorn trees in the game. We have specific berry trees now, make apricorns different. How about a bush?

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
I noticed something.
Everyone wants honey trees gone. Me, I don't want headbutt trees replaced by honey trees... but I don't want no honey trees.
Honestly, why can't we have some honey trees and some Headbutt trees? Anyway...

Please don't leave the story the way it was. It was a great story, with the whole team rocket trying to evolve pokemon against their will to be used as powerful weapons. But it wasn't fleashed out enough. What would be cool if team rocket attempted to evolve the legendarys... Of course they would fail, but how would the legendarys react? That would be a nice way to tie lugia and ho-oh into the plot.

Low levels. Honestly, do you expect to give a challenge when the eighth gym leader has pokemon about level 40?!?! Levels have GOT to go up. Otherwise, things are gonna get ugly.

Barely done Kanto. Honestly, give us more stuff in Kanto! The only attempt at storyline was that one lone-and-lame team rocket goon. That's just pathetic.

More after-elite stuff than a battle tower. I got soooo bored in FR... Ya, more than a battle tower. I don't care if it's not a third game, if you can't come up with anything else, include a battle frontier! It provides a nice way to get your battle muscles flexing in ways you didn't know they could flex.

Just Johto pokemon. Honestly, I hated the stupid pokedex evolution lock in FR/LG. Why not include a couple Sinnoh and Hoenn pokemon? It gives us more variaty.

That's all I can think of at the moment...

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
I don't know whether or not I want to see the whole stop-evolution thing like what they had in FR/LG. Kinda good, kinda annoying.

If it stays though, I have to run Magmar in place of Magmortar.

firelovindocker

i don't want to see honey trees like everyon else
i don't want boring TR plots
and i want a red gyrados story thats more interactive

MetalMario

< It's Passion Pink!
Removing the actual balls to create some new useless ones which CAN'T be traded to DPPt is simply stupid. Moon ball wth? Are you kidding me? We don't need that. -_-'
The only two GenIII/IV Balls that are actually useful are the Dusk, Repeat, and Timer Balls for legendaries. Catching Pokémon is easy anyway. I usually pick Balls for looks, and the Moon Ball rocks! ^o^ I could also see good opening effects from the Level and Fast Balls.

And it makes fine sense to include the Hoenn/Sinnoh Balls in Saffron City or something, as fancy creations by Silph/imports from Devon.

sucky useless old items
Berserk Gene would make Lickilicky an uber. :p I always thought it strange how they removed that item for RS, despite it seemingly being designed for Own Tempo abuse.

So, I'd rather they leave out:
  • Pokéradar
  • Pokédex blockading
  • Evolution stopping
  • Hoenn, Sinnoh, Orange Islands, Orre, whatever...
  • A cheeky secondary rival
  • Hoenn and Sinnoh families before the Elite Four
  • G/S/C's slow level curve
  • Major renovations to the Johto region

Last edited:

Neko

I'm not picky, G/S was a great game. And even though I dislike remakes principally, I am excited about this one, because I really miss the 2nd gen. The things I don't want in the remake are:

- Version-exclusive legendaries (I hate those)
- Kanto to be excluded
- Kanto to be as boring as it was in G/S/C
- The entire game to be a bland cardboard copy of G/S/C
- The phone in its old G/S form (if they revamp it, or make it function better, that's fine with me)
- Boring TR plot line involving wanting to capture Ho-oh/Lugia

Things I doubt will be in the new remakes:

- Contests. They weren't in FR/LG, and the folks of Nintendo being the adorably predictably dolls they are, probably won't put 'em in this game either. Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer that they were in there (just not in the D/P format), but still. I DOUBT that they will be in the remakes.
- Apricorn trees. I just don't think they'll be in these games. If they are, I'm sure they'll just produce the 3rd/4th gen balls. Nintendo can be cheap that way.
- That stupid design flaw the original games had, with the battery being connected to the hard drive. Because let's face it, the DS has its own battery now. Having one in the games would be silly.
- The G/S breeding system, that gave you a higher chance for shiny babies if the parents were shinies too. *misses her shiny Ditto*
- Mewtwo. Sorry guys, I just don't see it happening.
- Starter permanently following you around. I hope it'll happen, but I doubt it.

And there's my two cents.

SupremeJudicator

Still gotta catch 'em all!
I really am concerned about the whole Chikorita following the main character around in the screen shots. If it's only your starter or certain other pokemon (like the park in D/P/Pt), I'd prefer it wasn't there. If you can have any pokemon (or multiple pokemon) out following you, then that'd be ok; but still, I'd have preferred it if they didn't put that in. It feels like they're trying to follow the show a little too much (like in Yellow).

Sailor Saturn

Master of Silence
Things I don't want:

--Another vote for NO Honey Trees. Headbutting trees should make a return, it was fun.

--Underground secret bases. I want secret bases, but above ground. And I wann be able to save in them.

--Excluding Kanto! For me, having Kanto (although a stunted one) was a great part of Gold. Fighting 8 gym leaders...awesome! But I agree with the rest of you the gym leaders need umphed up.

--Separating Ho-Oh and Lugia into version exclusives. Again, having them both in the same game was important to the story and was one of the best things about G/S.

--The HORRID box system from the original versions. I know Game Freak would never go back to that, but I just had to mention it. I really hated it, having to save every time you changed boxes, no easy overview of your pokes. Awful!

Status
Not open for further replies.