• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you NOT want to see in HG/SS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonelyHat

Fedora-sama
Okay...how about this:

I wouldn't like to see that my rival still wears that atrocious outfit from G/S/C (._. ) That was baaaaaad.

I wouldn't like them to change the pokemon we meet all around Johto. We need SOMETHING to keep that old G/S/C feel, the mood, the mojo, the- uh...whatchamacallit. ^^ Seriously, I don't see how they're planning to put in 3rd/4th gen pokies (and we ALL know they will) without seriously disturbing the delicate Johto balance. ^^

...come on! Introducing a new species into a balanced ecosystem will destroy it! Destroy!

Ehm. Anywaaaays...I wouldn't like this to be a futuristic version of Johto with gadgets and spaceship-like computers and all that. ^^ I loved the rustic feel some of the towns in G/S/C had. I'd hate to see the cute little brown houses and that lovely building with the wooden floor where the Eeveelution sisters danced be replaced by scyscrapers with automated glass doors. >.>

I'd hate to see Hoenn get cut out of the games, but they might do that, if they're planning to release a- erm... KidneyCrystal version of the game or something and make the next region available there. (._. )

What I do not want to see in HG/SS?

I dunno, maybe that new girl that replaced Marina! :mad:
I mean it is fine to upgrade characters, but removing one that made Pokémon history and replacing with a complete 'nobody' is not fair.
Game freak and Nintendo have crossed the line.

Lmao, that was the most useless item ever, it literally had no point.
Although many people gave it to Mewtwo, because the thought it was the equivalent for a Adamant Orb for Dialga or a Soul Dew for Latias or Latios.

But the Beserk Gene was useless. :p

Own Tempo Purugly holding a Beserk Gene.

526 Attack with Jolly as well as 355 speed = 'nuff said.

daveshan

My little friend
I want to not see the same continent, redesign it.

I want acorns gone.

I want the phone gone.

I want your rival's weak pokemon gone and replaced with ones at least in the upper 70's.

I want Lance to have a team that doesn't immediately fall to rockslide.

I actually don't want to see Ho-oh and Lugia. We had SPECIAL events for them for a reason, those pokemon are special and should not easily be obtained. If we're going to make a spot for them, why not make Deoxys, Darkrai, Mew, Shaymin, Jerachi, Manphy, Celebi, and Arceus available in game?

Bruno needs to get some serious pokemon or GTFO. Same goes for Koga.

I don't want to need flash in Mt. Silver.

Heck change most of the gyms. Whitney was the only challenging one. With new moves now, it won't be much of a fight.

I don't want to see a remake as much as I want to see a whole new game.

Jigglypuff5000

Don't worry, you're not alone - I totally agree.

I also am with you guys, seeing as Johto was the smallest and underused region to date [and yet all that animé filler...], it needs to be expanded even if it's just with a few islands around Cianwood and to the south eastern seas. Oh, and Kanto needs some meaning added to it and not be so empty this time too [it won't have the Sevii Islands I'm sure, and it doesn't need them imho].

And since there's no where else to really put it...

I now can officially say... I TOLD YOU SO!

[That is to all those who were silly enough to think that the starter / pokemon would only follow you until the beginning errand is done] :p

I'm also giddy for confirmation of the NE Pichu in-game and Celebi's Shrine being there...!

Last edited:
I also am with you guys, seeing as Johto was the smallest and underused region to date [and yet all that animé filler...], it needs to be expanded even if it's just with a few islands around Cianwood and to the south eastern seas. Oh, and Kanto needs some meaning added to it and not be so empty this time too [it won't have the Sevii Islands I'm sure, and it doesn't need them imho].

And since there's no where else to really put it...

I now can officially say... I TOLD YOU SO!

[That is to all those who were silly enough to think that the starter / pokemon would only follow you until the beginning errand is done] :p

What would have been nice was a few towns on the Whirl Islands, with Pokemon Centers, Marts, and nice scenic areas, and a stairs, which leads down to a beach, which has a cave on it, that gives acess to the caverns beneath.

Stryker88

Space Cowboy
If they have the Pal Park feature in HGSS then i want the 6 pokemon transfer a day limit removed. It's annoying me to no end trying to get all my guys from emerald over to my diamond.

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
I want to not see the same continent, redesign it.

I want acorns gone.

I want the phone gone.

I want your rival's weak pokemon gone and replaced with ones at least in the upper 70's.

I want Lance to have a team that doesn't immediately fall to rockslide.

I actually don't want to see Ho-oh and Lugia. We had SPECIAL events for them for a reason, those pokemon are special and should not easily be obtained. If we're going to make a spot for them, why not make Deoxys, Darkrai, Mew, Shaymin, Jerachi, Manphy, Celebi, and Arceus available in game?

Bruno needs to get some serious pokemon or GTFO. Same goes for Koga.

I don't want to need flash in Mt. Silver.

Heck change most of the gyms. Whitney was the only challenging one. With new moves now, it won't be much of a fight.

I don't want to see a remake as much as I want to see a whole new game.

LOL

I wish it was still Marina for the female trainer choice, but the new girls does look awesome.

platinum breeder

i don't want low level gym trainers and elite 4. i do not want to see plagues of common pokemon e.g. ratta, pidgey, bidoof and so on.

*OFFTOPIC*
How about if you get a choice when battling the gym leaders e.g. if you want to battle 3, 4, 5 or 6 of their pokemon. also you could just turn off feature if you don't want to make a choice

sam_h12

WHERE IS PIDGEOT?!
What I don't want to see:
having to put my started in the PC cos the following is driving me insane.
i reeeally hope it's an option.

C.J. Ray

I wanted Shaymin! :(
<b>apricorn balls replaced by DP Poke balls</b>

Thats the only thing that comes to mind for me. That would be terrible if they did that

I don't see why they would give you Fast and Heavy Balls, those were so last-gen. Of course, they'll probably have to deal with the apricorns, but if they do this, we might get black apricorns = Dusk Balls, and other stuff. I don't mind that change, as long as they keep the game ploit as it was.

And what's wrong with Team Rocket? It would connect nicely to the post-game plot of Leaf Green / Fire Red!

I only hope that we learn that we learn the truth about Gio's son in this game.

How about if you get a choice when battling the gym leaders e.g. if you want to battle 3, 4, 5 or 6 of their pokemon. also you could just turn off feature if you don't want to make a choice

That would be good, similar to the battle tower, where they choose 3 of their Pokemon, and you choose 3 of your own, that would be good, but also the Gyms would have to expand their rosters.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
I don't want Bruno or Lance. Johto needs it's own Elite Four and Champion.

BenMorrissey

I dont want to be able to catch any of the Gen 3 and 4 pokemon until after I beat the elite 4. Reason? It makes it easier to train a dratini to dragonite.

Happiness

I don't want Crystal/Kris/Marina be replaced with the new girl. I also don't want the apricorn balls (?) replaced by the new balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.