1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What do you NOT want to see in HG/SS?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by Janovy, May 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sailor_Tenchi

Sailor_Tenchi Active Member

This too!

Gah, I would've loved the DSi if it had a GBA slot...

2. KKInu

KKInu Well-Known Member

I don't want to see a Viridian City reduced to shrubs, or a tiny Mt. Moon. I don't want tos see a Safari zone with the door removed either

a burned down Cinnabar Island though, I'm perfectly okay with and actully would like to see.

3. Takaru

Takaru Werk, Werk, Werk

Lol the Viridian Bush is what someone called it I think XD

4. Jigglypuff5000

Jigglypuff5000 Well-Known Member

You're both gonna be sorely disappointed you know.

Not that I like the DSi [for it has no actual games yet], and I couldn't care less about the lack of the GBA slot. If folk used their GBA games that often then they'd of kept their DS...

Technology had to move on sometime, guys and gals. *shrugs*

5. StrongBad456

StrongBad456 Beginning Trainer

I don't want:

-The Johto Dex to be altered
    -The music to be changed too much
    -Kanto to be fixed(except for the Safari Zone)
    -Remade Sevii Islands
    -Berries to replace Apricorn

6. T-major

T-major Trainer Trainer

no more low levels
    no more blocked off parts of Kanto
    and for the love of The Sun, Bring Back Headbutt Trees!

also, I don't see why so many people are against the starter following you. sure, it might have got annoying in Yellow (personally, it didn't for me), but that was the first generation. it's completely reasonable that they would have come up with a system that works; maybe even add things involving them that makes the game more enjoyable. besides, I personally think that having a Feraligatr follow me around would be hardcore.

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  7. ap13095

ap13095 Noobslayer

Let Kanto be better - not to FRLG standards, but better than GSC - that was pathetic.

8. Surfing_Pikachu

Surfing_Pikachu ____________

I don't want to see your starter following you for the entire game. I want to be able to choose.

9. Pokefan0234

Pokefan0234 Ka-Ra-Tay!

I don't want:
    - Apricorns/special balls to be taken away.
    - Low levels.
    - The removable of Kanto.
    - Kanto not to be fixed (but I enjoyed the burnt down Cinnabar Island.
    - Your starter to stop following you, even if it evolves.
    - Honey Trees. (You hate them, and they hate you).
    - Your rival ??? (not the opposite gender one) to end up turning good or something cruddy like that.

Yes, I have very high standards. :D

10. thedarkchao93

thedarkchao93 Unorthadox Trainer

I don't want to see this new girl. Marina was WAY better in my opinion.

11. foxyman1167

foxyman1167 From Zero To Hero

I don't want the starter to follow me around the whole game, but sadly the scans of CoroCoro may say otherwise =(

12. Surfing_Pikachu

Surfing_Pikachu ____________

I don't want the new girl either. Marina all the way!

13. Johto_Lover1026

Johto_Lover1026 The Grass Trainer

Team Rocket needs a better plan, so I say I don't wanna see there lame slowpoke gyra plans anymore. I wanna see something BIG baby

14. Grei

Grei not the color

On the bright side, it seems like your Starter only follows you around while you're in a city...maybe when you're on a Route, or otherwise out in the wild, your Starter stays inside it's Pokeball.

15. ryman

ryman Well-Known Member

As wierd as it seems, there's a good chance this'll happen pre National Dex, as in FR/LG, but it'll be diff to a difficult to come across because if this is the case you wouldn't have access to a Dusk Stone until after the National Dex anyway.

No doubt? Pretty confident considering two things. That your "proof", that the anime says so, is irrelevant since the anime has no jurisdiction in the games, the anime are based ON the games, no the other way around. Additionally, there's a very good chance you'll be wrong considering FireRed and LeafGreen didn't include any significant extras before the National Dex.

You MAY be disapointed. Just maybe.

DSi exclusives are mostly gimick based, so probably not, but there's always a chance... A very unfortunate chance.

16. Emo_Kirlia

Emo_Kirlia Well-Known Member

Back then it was a Ratatta plague. I mean seriously. Those things were EVERYWERE! I hope they don't put Honey Trees. You had to wait like 4 hours for the trees to shake in D/P when Headbutting you would encounter a Pokemon right away.

17. tom-tom

tom-tom Furret <3

i would like to see a:
    battle fronteir
    higher lvl elite 4
    higher lvl red

i dont want to see:
    running around legendaries
    hm whirlpool
    low lvl rockets;munchlax;

18. joker0187

joker0187 my rolfcopter goes..

i wouldnt like to see:

low level pokemon
    removal of viridian forest, mt. moon, and safari zone
    honey trees(if they add them let us headbutt them)
    lame team rocket plan
    invasion of 3rd and 4th gen pokemon(add them later on nat. dex)
    slow surfing speeds
    or have a freaking feraligatr or typhlosion following you when you reach the elite four(i would like a little totodile, chikorita, or cydaquil though)

19. redrunner89

redrunner89 Serebii War Leader

okay i don't not want to see:
    1) the same stripped down kanto.
    2) the introduction of new formes other than shellos/Gastrodon
    3) getting rid of the apricorn balls, they weren't that important but interesting
    4) introduction of johto contests, i hate contests so pointless pokemon is about battling not anything else.
    5) the inclusion of another female character (as in kris) soul will do fine

20. ziakra

ziakra So Zetta Slow!

I don't want to see a bright/not so dark Ilex Forest...
    I'm just used to the eerie feeling while in that place...
    And I don't want to see any contest of the sort in Johto...they could make one outside of Johto and Kanto but never should it be placed in Kanto/Johto...hehehe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.