• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you NOT want to see in HG/SS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grei

not the color
The Griseous Orb wasn't in the DP programming, but it is in Platinum. I haven't tested what would happen if I tried to trade it from Platinum to DP, and I am afraid of what might happen because I imagine it would delete the orb. If you know what the case is there, a) tell me, and b) congratulations, you have figured out exactly how they can evade such a programming issue. After all, how can they make a new set of pokemon games without introducing any items at all?
Then again, in GSC they wouldn't let you trade anything that wasn't programmed into RBY to RBY when using the time machine, so they could also use that as their excuse.

The orb will be automatically unequipped when a Pokemon holding it is traded, is what I heard.

As for Kurt's Pokeballs, he could just fashion the apricorns into the new Pokeballs.

Friend Ball > Luxury Ball (Green > Pink)
Lure Ball > Net Ball (Blue)
Fast Ball > Quick Ball (White > Yellow)
Level Ball > Nest Ball (Red > Green)
Moon Ball > Dusk Ball (Yellow > Black)
Heavy Ball > Timer Ball (Black > White)

...with the Dive Ball, Heal Ball, Premier Ball and Cherish Ball left over. The Cherish Ball isn't purchasable in-game, the Premier Ball doesn't need a parallel, the Dive Ball won't have much use in G/S/C, and the Love Ball could easily just be sold as an addition to the regular set (Poke Ball, Great Ball, Ultra Ball).

Alternatively, a new Apricorn could be introduced for it, or it could be the Pink Apricorn. In which case, Luxury Ball would become a new Apricorn.

It isn't impossible. Barring the Moon and Heavy Balls that don't have exact parallels, the new balls could just be switched in for the old ones.

Another possibility is that in G/S/C, the original Apricorn Balls will remain the same, but turn into their parallels when traded to DPPt.
EDIT: I see this being the most likely, since the current special Pokeballs are developed by a corporation, and Kurt makes custom Pokeballs.

EDIT cont.: Has it ever been stated that the data for Johto Pokeballs was not in the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum game data? If not, it's possible that the Pokemon traded into DPPt from HGSS will retain their Apricorn Ball sprites in their profiles.

Last edited:

Hallnavy

Beginning Trainer
I do not want to not see the Bug Catching contest.
I loved that. It was the things like that that made the 2nd Gen the best!

EvilPikachu79

Congrats! You Fail!
I really hope the starter doesn't follow you through the whole game.
I don't want too many 4th and 3rd gen Pokemon before the national dex.
Don't want the same old story witht he rockets and everything.
Don't want to see the over obsession of a Pichu that is a different colour or has a different shaped ear, maybe one event about them but not a whole huge story about them.
I don't want to see unneccesary legendaries such as being able to catch something like the Regis in the regions.
Like everyone else the levels need to be a lot higher.
I don't want the Pokegear to be a clone of the poketch.
I don't want to see the gymleaders with the same old teams.
Headbutt trees should come back, they're so much easier than the honey trees.
I don't want to see all those random unneccesary things that were in DPPt like the random Poketch apps that served no purpose.
Also if they include Kanto in the game then I don't want to see 2nd generation Pokemon in it.
And if by any chance (I highly doubt) they include the Sevii Islands then I don't want to see too many Johto Pokemon on them. Maybe 3rd and 4th gen pokemon on them.

Last edited:

Mankanshoku Mako

I don't want ev's or iv's. They just make competive battling teams take longer and be more complicated and now the people who don't mind waisting their time alaways win. Getting the perfect nature was enough of a hassle for ME.

Spncrbrrtt

O BLOCK
PLEASE no red Gyarados. It will completely devalue and shiny Gyarados out there that wasn't automatically shiny.

Even though I don't have one, it'll still be bad. Just make it a crazy good gyarados. Or since they're doing different forms by breeding (maybe) make it an origional morph.

Just not shiny.

MewtwosAdvocate

The Last Supram
These are almost sure to change to some extent.

maybe. Did FR/LG change the teams at all?

The Griseous Orb wasn't in the DP programming, but it is in Platinum. I haven't tested what would happen if I tried to trade it from Platinum to DP, and I am afraid of what might happen because I imagine it would delete the orb. If you know what the case is there, a) tell me, and b) congratulations, you have figured out exactly how they can evade such a programming issue. After all, how can they make a new set of pokemon games without introducing any items at all?
Then again, in GSC they wouldn't let you trade anything that wasn't programmed into RBY to RBY when using the time machine, so they could also use that as their excuse.

It unequips as soon as you enter one of the wireless rooms.

PLEASE no red Gyarados. It will completely devalue and shiny Gyarados out there that wasn't automatically shiny.

Even though I don't have one, it'll still be bad. Just make it a crazy good gyarados. Or since they're doing different forms by breeding (maybe) make it an origional morph.

Just not shiny.

Sorry, man, but I really disagree with this. One of the best things about GSC was being able to get a Red Gyrados. Yeah, it'd "devalue" the other shiny Gyrados's out there, but I really dont find myself caring. I dont trade and battle competitively. Another thing is that DPPt all made special mention of the Red Gryados in their intro's, so I'm hoping that they'll at least expand on its story.

Just not shiny.

Why not shiny? Seriously, who cares about shiny value, I can get a flawless shiny Gyarados in a few hours with no hacking. Even if they make it not shiny, they'll still give something special to it, and then... you'll still have something "valuable" that everyone has access to. But with no nostalgia factor. Just because a couple people think a "wi-fi economy" still exists and want to be "greedy" with something even my grandma could get their hands on.

Maetch

maybe. Did FR/LG change the teams at all?

Nope. FR/LG kept all the Trainer rosters as they originally were (though some minor Trainers would have higher levels during Vs. Seeker rematches). The only exception was after you completed all the Sevii Island stories, after which the Elites and the Rival got severe upgrades in rosters and levels.

MewtwosAdvocate

The Last Supram
right. Well, I hope they at least jack the levels up a knotch, but if the teams stay the same, I'll be fine. Just so long as they put up a fight this time. All trainers use TMs!

Banana Bloodplanet

I don't want to see headbutting trees being replaced by spreading honey on them (unless they make it to where a Pokemon will appear there immediately instead of several hours later; then I wouldn't mind).

I don't want the trainers to use underleveled Pokemon late in the game again.

Last edited:

Derald Snyder

I don't want to see headbutting trees being replaced by spreading honey on them (unless they make it to where a Pokemon will appear there immediately instead of several hours later; then I wouldn't mind).

I don't want the trainers use underleveled Pokemon late in the game again.

I second this opinion.

blazikenXD

sharingan warrior
I second this opinion.

yeah by the looks of it (the screen of the azela sp? shrine) the headbutting trees arent there but hopefully im wrong but if they improved the honey trees then i could put up with them but headbutting trees ftw=]

DarkZBoy

POKEMON

Just not shiny.

It wouldn't devalue it, there are still stats, just the shiny part won't count.

Plus thats only 1 pokemon/492 Pokemon that are still valued, so it isn't SOO Bad.

Feraligatr001

Silver Trainer
I don't want to see the old GSC Pokédex.

The old Dex was awesome how dare you mock them THEY WERE THE COOLEST!! :mad:

As for what i don't wanna see is Diamond/Pearl and Ruby?Saphire in the Jotho Dex THAT WOULD SUCK

diablo_200525

ミッドナイト ミュウツー
What i dont want to see in the new gold/silver game is the ever-so-slow start. I mean you go past the first twon and go about half way there then you gotta turn all the way around to the first town and battle with ???, then after that go back to the lab just so you have to go back where you come from. Hopefully they don't have it like that...

Meganium

The same rosters for everyone. Change the teams of some of the gym leaders and definately for Silver (of course keeping Sneasel). Some of the teams were unispiring and lame (Falkner!)

hatshepsut

- Like everyone else...all of the easy trainers
- The phone. It was so annoying, so I hope they come up with a different way for stones to be obtained...

SeriousDex

Mike Vick of Pokemon
apricorn balls are interesting to hear. I think they would get rid of it. because no other game has brought them back. So it would be weird having it... DP balls instead. agreed

elite ralf

I don't want honey trees.
I don't want 3rd gen pokeballs
I don't want defog
I don't want safari zone MISSING
I don't want baby pokemon in the wild
I don't want silly-looking overworld surfing sprite of pokemon
I don't want leaves flying around when you're about to use fly MISSING

Status
Not open for further replies.