• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you NOT want to see in HG/SS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannytoge

信じる!
Do not want -
-Alot of johto pokemon only available after E4 (What is the point)
-A Load of kanto pokemon.
-The exclusion of sinnoh and hoenn pokemon.
-The exclusion of some of johtos pokemon evoultions.
-The love, moon, and heavy ball being removed. (Allthough it prolly will)
-Both ho-oh and lugia being available in both games. (I have my reasons)
-Same low leveled gyms and E4.
-Your starter following you for the whole game.
(I think this is a nice feature when it is small, i think it should be like amity square, and you only get to choose if certain cute small pokemon follow you round.)

And thats about it really,
Hurry up and reveal more gamefreak/corocoro :)

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
I thought they increased the speed
of surfing in Platinum? I guess not.
Thank goodness I didn't buy it.
I'm going to wait for these games instead.

Surf was sped up in Platinum. Just go to youtube and watch the comparisons if you don't believe me. It's very noticeable.

It's one of the praises many people give Platinum. I even have Platinum.

FireMeowth

Enthusiast
What I don't want?

- The Team Rocket-plot (though it wouldn't be much of a remake without it...)
- Kanto

And that's it.

EDITZ:
Oh yeah, I forgot one little thing:
- NO HEADBUTT-TREES.

Seriously, Honey Trees were way cooler. ^-^

Last edited:

Mr. E Goods

Gone for good
i dont want the apricorn balls in HG/SS. They were a lame idea...
Low level pokemon and E4 and Gym leader made the game too easy and i definately dont want the kanto region included in the game.

Cruisercard

I don't want exclusion of other region's Pokemon. And Low leveled Kanto gyms
all Kanto Gyms Pokemon should be your average level of Party Pokemon or around that IMO.

Dannytoge

信じる!
Also i do not want Ho-oh and lugia to have the same battle music as normal pokemon, They did in the originals, even though the dogs had their own battle music. I want to here a new ho-oh/Lugia theme!

I think the only D/P thing which I'd like to remove in its translation to HGSS is the Honey Trees. I have no time for them in the current games, let alone in my dream game!

Crumpet

Delete your System32
The removal of Kanto would be frikin rediculous. If Gold/Silver/Crystal had it on smaller memory game packs, then what ould be the point of removing it?

"ISLAND 10 - 20 FTW" ~Nintendo

Nope. I want Johto AND Kanto in 4th Gen frikin quality. If not Kanto, Hoenn fine, but I really don't give a sh*t about Hoenn cause in my opinion R/S/E was the most boring of the gens.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
I hope that they change the plot, and also remove Lance as the champion. I also hope Kanto makes it to the 4th gen as well. It would have then made appearance in every generation. However it could be the last time for it though.

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
I don't want to see Blaine being on Seafoam Islands. I want him to have a proper gym on Cinnabar Island this time.

Light Venusaur

Konoha's FMA Ninja
I don't want to see:
Bidoof/Starly SPAM
Squit Bottle to make Sudowoodo move (maybe they can change it to Bonsly)
More Fire Types
Low leveled Gyms (I bet Bugsy with a level 10 Chikorita)

squrtle

Dance with the Enemy
ANYTHING to do with DPPt it was a good generation but nothing NOTHING should mess with the epicness of Johto
There's going to be SOMETHING after E4 like the sevii islands in FRLG but It shouldn't be like, Battle island or anything lmao

Sarracenia

Pokémagpie Zog
Red Gyarados definitely needs to be made uncatchable, like the Marowak ghost in Pokémon Tower. If it wasn't, Red Gyarados would be everywhere on WiFi and you wouldn't be able to ask for a shiny of something without infinite dumb kids offering you their Red Gyarados. Plus it'd completely devalue any shiny Gyarados that people may have caught on R/S/E/FR/LG/D/P/Pt, which is going to be a lot of people including myself.

A

Archangel

I don't want to see the horrible underground base system, I'm hoping they'll bring back R/S/E's base feature instead.

Trooper Guy

Lost in history...
Things I do NOT want:

-Apricorn balls being removed (the pokemon you caught them with could just be "recoloured" into normal pokeballs by default when traded to D/P/Pt or not allowed to be traded if a pokemon is holding one).
-Crystal events and features not being included (I could understand if the Suicune story wouldn't be included, although I hope otherwise).
-Terribly low leveled trainers, gym leaders, everything.
-A vast number of 2nd generation pokemon being only available in Kanto. Umm, can I catch certain Johto pokemon in their own region, plz? Kthx.
-1st generation Pokemon overshadowing 2nd generation Pokemon in their own region (wild, in-game trades, everything). Basically, too many Kanto Pokemon in Johto and too many Johto Pokemon in Kanto.
-Johto gym leaders, 2nd generation members of the Elite 4 (Will and Karen) and Johto in-game trainers using mostly Kanto pokémon. What happened to representing your region/the region you were introduced with?
-The exclusion of 3rd and 4th generation pokémon that are related and linked to 2nd and 1st generation pokémon, and also the two 3rd generation Unowns (? and !) not being included. They should all be included.
-No gym leader rematches.
-No updated Johtodex (which would be; 2nd and 1st generation pokemon, the 3rd and 4th generation pokemon that are related and linked to them, and all their different forms. Basically just a simple "add-on and upgrade", as I doubt they would remove any pokemon that were originally in the Johtodex before).
-No appearance of the opposite gender that you didn't pick. They had both rivals in D/P/Pt, it should happen in Hg/Ss as well.
-The Unown dex removed.
-All 3rd and 4th pokemon that are unrelated or unlinked to any 1st and 2nd generation pokemon available in the game at all (apart from possibly a couple of event pokemon). That's what R/S/E/D/P/Pt are for.
-That Neo Kanto region at all (just because I know it would most likely be included, doesn't mean I want it to be at all. Seriously, if this "two major regions in one game" idea was as brilliant as many people think it is, how come it wasn't in any other games after GSC? Because Game Freak must have wised up and realised it wasn't such a fantastic idea after all. >_>).
-I do NOT want to see no expansion on Johto, and instead just the same small sized region we got back in GS. If Crystal can add a couple of new areas, this can add many more new Johto areas. There is no excuse to not greatly expand on Johto at all.
-Bike dismantle when you go through a gatehouse.
-Surf attacking your other pokemon in 2-on-2 battles.
-No new radio shows in addition to all the ones from Crystal.
-Laggy game speed from D/P (I'm not sure if they have fixed this in Platinum, I haven't played it yet).
-Constant weather in just one place. If weather changed all around, that would be great.
-The Pokégear radio automatically turning itself off when you enter a new town, city, route, building, floor, etc.
-Calling out attacks, 4 regions and any other gimmicky, god-awful ideas that are definitely not going to happen.
-Orange Islands (anime filler arcs are uneeded in main, canon games).
-An endless Items bag instead of an Items Storage in the PC (I'm sure they could just include both...).
-Removal of Red Gyarados. Unlike "Neo Kanto", this was actually a pretty important part of the game's storyline.
-No new Safari Zone (Every major region has a safari zone, except Johto).
-Sevii Islands (The Sevii Islands in Fr/Lg were just fine).
-Honey trees. Although I'm sure they could have both these and Headbutt trees, I prefer using the Honey trees in Sinnoh. Headbutt trees however should be available in Johto.
-Not being able to evolve your 2nd and 1st generation Pokemon if they couldn't evolve in the original G/S, until you've beaten the game. An inappropriate and horribly obnoxious feature that shouldn't have even been in Fr/Lg.
-The uneeded "automatic" text that was in D/P (again, not sure if they've removed this in Platinum).
-Crappy sprite animations. If they could manage the perfect ones that were in Crystal and when your pokemon get registered in D/P/Pt's Hall of Fame, then they can do it in Hg/Ss as well.

That's all I've got for now.

I don't like the new fishing thing. I liked it when you don't pay attention, but you still could fish.
Yeah, I agree. I wouldn't want to see that either, I prefer the old-skool way.

Last edited:

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
well the high chanse of catching shinies in the gold & silver games is not what i want to see as well as the red gyarados, if these games can trade with D/P then shinies will lose it's rareness. at least what's left of it then.

Status
Not open for further replies.