• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you NOT want to see in HG/SS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
I think Dusk, Nest, Net, and Quick balls are the best out of them all. But I still carry 20 of each.

Rurik

Lucario Legionnaire
I don't want to see Apricorn balls (Takes way too long if you need them right away)
Misdreavus, Houndour, Murkrow, etc available post Elite Four (I want them in the first part of the game)
Gym leaders/ Elite Four memebers with 2 of the same pokemon (Jasmine, 2 Magnetons, Claire, 3 Dragonairs, etc)
And that is about it.

Doesn't this, as well as wanting tougher gym leaders, clash with not wanting any 3rd or 4th generation Pokemon in the game before the National Pokedex though? I mean, there were only sox steel types in Silver and Gold, Magnemite, Magneton, Steelix, Scizor, Forretress, and Skarmory of the six, three have double weakness to earth, two have double weakness to fire, one is a pre-evolution, and only one of them doesn't have a double weakness, Skarmory. Lance gets even fewer choices, he gets four dragons, three of which are all part of the same family, if he sticks to actual dragon types. About the only way to really make those two tougher, is if you give them access to Pokemon from other regions. We know Jasmine has been to Sinnoh at least, so she could be justified having access to Shieldon, Bronzong, and Lucario, and Lance is the champion, so he should use a team of fully evolved Pokemon, either using his Gyarados, Dragonite, and Charizard team or using a team of real dragons, since he's got a lot more to choose from now, and he is the champion after all, it's justifiable to say he'd have visited the other regions, if Cynthia can why can't he?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
goign to the same areas. new areas FTW!

Umm... That's something really obvious. You'll definitely have to go to old areas... this is a remake after all. o_O

Electric

I know this is a remake, but I don't want to see how you start at Vermillion City in Kanto, then get that badge first, then Saffron City's badge second and so on. Going in a random order is kinda stupid in my opinion. I don't understand why we can't just travel east of the reception gate to Viridian City. You don't even get Brock's badge first, you get it like 6th or something. But if this is a 100% remake, then they might put it the way I don't want it.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I know this is a remake, but I don't want to see how you start at Vermillion City in Kanto, then get that badge first, then Saffron City's badge second and so on. Going in a random order is kinda stupid in my opinion. I don't understand why we can't just travel east of the reception gate to Viridian City. You don't even get Brock's badge first, you get it like 6th or something. But if this is a 100% remake, then they might put it the way I don't want it.

Well the point of starting at Vermillion was because they wanted to incorporate he SS Aqua (Or is it the SS Anne again... or Tidal? I forget. There are too many ships >.<) and if you had walked their would be no ship.

So if they do what you suggest we lose a good training part in the game.

Electric

Well what I would then suggest is have my idea and also the same as they did in the original games. I think you should be able to freelance the Kanto region when you first reach it, since there really isn't much to do besides gym battles and that one part where something bad happens at the power plant (I forget what.)

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Well what I would then suggest is have my idea and also the same as they did in the original games. I think you should be able to freelance the Kanto region when you first reach it, since there really isn't much to do besides gym battles and that one part where something bad happens at the power plant (I forget what.)

It's never Pokemon's thing to give you two choices it's all linear. So it would either be one or the other. And I think we'll be starting and Viridian again.

And for the record a Rocket Grunt steals a Power Plant part and hides it in Misty's gym.

Ammako

Worse, no, but equally vexing. A Gamestop event is wonderful, if you have a Gamestop within reasonable distance, and time to make it there, but for those of us who don't have that luxury, it might as well be in Tokyo for all the good it does us. It wouldn't be so bad if the events were held some place that is more readily available, like McDonalds, or Wal Mart, you can't swing a Meowth without hitting one of those, and if they'd have them run for at least a full week so people have more of an opportunity to get there. That's why I'd rather see them start using the WiFi more. Even if you're in the middle of no where Alaska, where your closest neighbor is twenty miles away, as long as you have the internet you can still get whatever Pokemon is up for grabs.
They alerady started using the Wi-Fi stuff anyways.

NZ Jirachi will most likely be an event Pokemon in US/EU/AUS etc... via mystery gift too. Darkrai you can get from R2 and i guess at some point they will release the member card via wi-fi for US etc.. and maybe Oak's letter too. So it's only more or less Deoxys,Celebi and Arceus.
Jirachi is given away over Wi-Fi for a set period of time, so you couldn't buy the game years later and get it.

Same with Almia Darkrai, the Wi-Fi event that gives it is over alerady.

Same with Member's Card and Oak's Letter.

You know, I hadn't even considered the possibility of Looker being included. He is an Interpol officer, and Team Rocket is a crime syndicate, though if the games take place at the same exact time, I don't think Looker could be in both Sinnoh as well as Johto and Kanto at the same time.
There is no official timeline, just so you know.

Rurik

Lucario Legionnaire
I said start using the WiFi more.

Actually there is an official time-line, it's just not a clearly defined one. Silver and Gold officially take place three years after Red and Blue. So if Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum are set at the same time as Silver and Gold, that makes them officially set three years after Red and Blue as well.

Ammako

Rurik: Thechnically, they started using it more, since they gave the followings over Wi-Fi:

Secret Key;
Member's Card;
Oak's Letter;
Jirachi.

Rurik

Lucario Legionnaire
That's in Japan, where I do not live, I'm talking about in America. In America the only one they've given out is the Secret Key.

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
Hmmmm.. Maybe I can get them. If I can convince my friend to let me use his wifi at his place. But sadly I used my masterball on Pearl on a Shiny Abra that new Teleport. It was a tough decision.

Rurik

Lucario Legionnaire
Yeah, but we'll probably get Membership Pass/Oak's Letter/Azure Flute/Jirachi over Wi-Fi, too.

Hopefully they will. However it's not in my nature to assume that they will, better to assume you won't get it and be excited when you do, than to hope that you'll get it, and be crushed when you don't.

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
Doesn't this, as well as wanting tougher gym leaders, clash with not wanting any 3rd or 4th generation Pokemon in the game before the National Pokedex though? I mean, there were only sox steel types in Silver and Gold, Magnemite, Magneton, Steelix, Scizor, Forretress, and Skarmory of the six, three have double weakness to earth, two have double weakness to fire, one is a pre-evolution, and only one of them doesn't have a double weakness, Skarmory. Lance gets even fewer choices, he gets four dragons, three of which are all part of the same family, if he sticks to actual dragon types. About the only way to really make those two tougher, is if you give them access to Pokemon from other regions. We know Jasmine has been to Sinnoh at least, so she could be justified having access to Shieldon, Bronzong, and Lucario, and Lance is the champion, so he should use a team of fully evolved Pokemon, either using his Gyarados, Dragonite, and Charizard team or using a team of real dragons, since he's got a lot more to choose from now, and he is the champion after all, it's justifiable to say he'd have visited the other regions, if Cynthia can why can't he?

Uhhhhhh..... 5 is plenty for Jasmine. Magneton, Skarmory, Steelix, Forretress, and Scizor.

Lance, Claire
Here are all Dragon and Dragon LIKE pokemon (Cause in D/P didn't Falkner have an octillery, didn't Aaron have Drapion (Dark, Poison), didn't Flint have Drifblim, Loppuny, and Steelix)

Chairzard
Gyarados
Aerodactyl
Dragonair
Dragonite
Kingrdra
Tyranitar
Arcanine
Meganium
Nidoking
Nidoqueen
Steelix
Onix
Lapras

See Lance can have some dual types (He needs some bacause almost every champion has dual types)

Soultion

Claire
Kingdra
Meganium
Arcanine
Dragonair
and
Lapras

Lance
Dragonite
Tyranitar
Chaizard
Nidoking/ queen
Aerodactyl
Gyarados

And their you go. All pokemon that are dragon, dragon like, or can learn dragon moves. See posts on other pages to fully understand move sets.

Rurik

Lucario Legionnaire
Uhhhhhh..... 5 is plenty for Jasmine. Magneton, Skarmory, Steelix, Forretress, and Scizor.

Lance, Claire
Here are all Dragon and Dragon LIKE pokemon (Cause in D/P didn't Falkner have an octillery, didn't Aaron have Drapion (Dark, Poison), didn't Flint have Drifblim, Loppuny, and Steelix)

Chairzard
Gyarados
Aerodactyl
Dragonair
Dragonite
Kingrdra
Tyranitar
Arcanine
Meganium
Nidoking
Nidoqueen
Steelix
Onix
Lapras

See Lance can have some dual types (He needs some bacause almost every champion has dual types)

Soultion

Claire
Kingdra
Meganium
Arcanine
Dragonair
and
Lapras

Lance
Dragonite
Tyranitar
Chaizard
Nidoking/ queen
Aerodactyl
Gyarados

And their you go. All pokemon that are dragon, dragon like, or can learn dragon moves. See posts on other pages to fully understand move sets.

Nidoking/queen always struck me more as bunnies on steroids than dragons. And Jasmine's team if using the steel types from Johto and Kanto, still would be just as weak thanks to only having one member who isn't doubly weak to either fire or ground. Like I said, we know Jasmine has been to Sinnoh, I see no logical reason she couldn't have evolved her Magneton to Magnezone, given they're both steel trainers I wouldn't be surprised if she knew Riley either, same with Byron, which means a Lucario would be a good fit too, give her Skarmory, Steelix, and Scizor, and we've got a much tougher fight than we would restricting her to Johto and Kanto Pokemon only. I mean, really, if you were Jasmine, would you pass up the chance to evolve your Magneton while you were in Sinnoh, or snag yourself a couple of new Pokemon that aren't around where you come from like Probopass, Shieldon, and Lucario?

Status
Not open for further replies.