• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you NOT want to see in HG/SS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
1 thing i would hate to see is the shiny ratebeing dropped into almost impossible chances cause i love shinies and i dont like the poke radar. the poke radar shouldn't be in it too

Apollochan

One thing that I didn't like about the original GSC games is that the maps felt extremely small. I would find myself walking down the huge loop towards Azaelia, and it would seem to be really short despite the distance on the map. Now, I'm sure that there were technological reasons for this, given the size of the game, but I really hope that they have overcome this obstacle and have thought of ways to make the towns seems a little bit more distant, and the routes a bit larger and more expansive.

I also don't want to see Red Gyarados as a catchable Pokemon. I feel like the people who have obtained one through DPPt deserve to have it as something special, and by offering it in GSC, it cheapens the value of it.

Chimchar15

I don't want to see any Hoenn or Sinnoh pokemon before the Elite 4. If you want Hoenn or Sinnoh pokemon play R/S/E or D/P/Pt. Second I would like to catch the Red Gyrados, I mean what's the problem with having 1 easily catchable shiny out of 493 pokemon, sorry for those people who went out of their way to get one in D/P/Pt but seriously 1 out 493 is not so bad.

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
1 thing i would hate to see is the shiny ratebeing dropped into almost impossible chances cause i love shinies and i dont like the poke radar. the poke radar shouldn't be in it too

Uhhh.... Shiny rates were made much higher because of the pokeradar.

I think it should be in. If you don't like it don't use it. Its as simple as that.

I also don't want to see Red Gyarados as a catchable Pokemon. I feel like the people who have obtained one through DPPt deserve to have it as something special, and by offering it in GSC, it cheapens the value of it.

I think people who don't want the Red Gyarados in the game because they have one are rather selfish. Not everyone is lucky enough or skilled enough with the PokeRadar to come across one. People deserve at least one shiny Pokemon.

What about you people stop whining about the Red Gyarados? You know, you could get shiny Karps/Gyaras in RBY/GSC, should the Red Gyarados not be there just for those people that got one by sheer luck?

Escape Reality

Daydreamer
What about you people stop whining about the Red Gyarados? You know, you could get shiny Karps/Gyaras in RBY/GSC, should the Red Gyarados not be there just for those people that got one by sheer luck?

or in DPP. ;) but yeah, i think it's fine if the red gyrados isn't there, though that may be because i have one... XD

Satoshifan14

*Shiny Pokemon FTW*
What I don't want to see in HG/SS

I want to say Low Levels, but even at Low Levels for some Reason the Pokemon were still pretty Hard, the main thing really is I don't want to see to many Useless Pokemon outside of the Gen 2 in the game, like Bidoof or Staravia....bleh;149;

LedZeppelin1

Expect theUnexpected
I DON'T want it to be like DPP or RSE, I want it to be like GSC, the best Pokemon games ever. I would like to maybe see the Orange Islands after you beat Red or something. I also wish they would just fuggin name him Ash!

I DON'T want it to be like DPP or RSE, I want it to be like GSC, the best Pokemon games ever. I would like to maybe see the Orange Islands after you beat Red or something. I also wish they would just fuggin name him Ash!
Oh, the idiocy in this post...

The games WILL be like RSE and especially DPPt. Get over your nostalgia. The original GSC sucked.

The Orange Islands will NOT be in the games, they are an anime only feature.

And Red is NOT Ash. Ash is based off Red.

The End.

LedZeppelin1

Expect theUnexpected
Oh, the idiocy in this post...

The games WILL be like RSE and especially DPPt. Get over your nostalgia. The original GSC sucked.

The Orange Islands will NOT be in the games, they are an anime only feature.

And Red is NOT Ash. Ash is based off Red.

The End.

Wow there's some hostility in that post =P
Anyway I was just saying what I wish would happen, not what I thought would. People are entitled to opinions =)

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Wow there's some hostility in that post =P
Anyway I was just saying what I wish would happen, not what I thought would. People are entitled to opinions =)
1. The games will be, essentially, DPPt in a GS skin. Build a bridge and get over it. GSC sucked, hard.
2. GTFO now. Orange Island WILL NOT be in HGSS, they will NEVER be in a Pokemon game whatsoever because they are just crappy plot devices for the anime.
3. Red is Red, not Ash. Ash was never in a main RPG EVER because the Anime =/= Games. The closest we EVER got to Anime inspired game was Yellow.

You just lost the game.

Last edited:

LedZeppelin1

Expect theUnexpected
Wow never said the game was the anime. I was just saying what IN MY OPINION I would like to see. Orange Islands appealed to me, maybe I was the only one, and I know they would never put it in any game, but that's just my opinion. No game to lose bud.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Wow never said the game was the anime. I was just saying what IN MY OPINION I would like to see. Orange Islands appealed to me, maybe I was the only one, and I know they would never put it in any game, but that's just my opinion. No game to lose bud.
If you knew they wouldn't put the OI in that why post and make yourself look like a moron? I would just leave quietly now and NOT post just to save the dignity you have left.

LedZeppelin1

Expect theUnexpected
No need to get your panties in a wad this is a discussion based on opinions.

Anyway back on topic: I don't don't don't don't want to see the E4 with freakin' level 40 Pokemon. It was too easy to beat them.

GS Fan

Advanced Trainer
1. The games will be, essentially, DPPt in a GS skin. Build a bridge and get over it. GSC sucked, hard.
2. GTFO now. Orange Island WILL NOT be in HGSS, they will NEVER be in a Pokemon game whatsoever because they are just crappy plot devices for the anime.
3. Red is Red, not Ash. Ash was never in a main RPG EVER because the Anime =/= Games. The closest we EVER got to Anime inspired game was Yellow.

You just lost the game.

I know you guys are fighting about something that is pointlessly overspeculated (i.e. orange islands + red/ash), but wouldn't HGSS be "a GSC in a D/P/PT" skin? It is the storyline of an old game with lifted features and graphics. Also, I wouldn't say GSC sucked, but they could have been(and will :) ) be better.

But like I said earlier in the thread, all I don't want in these games are low level pokemon. I believe that anyone that has actually played through GSC before would agree with me. As long as they keep the game to the storyline and just add to it, I'll be perfectly happy. ;491;

Last edited:

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
I don't want to see any easy gym leaders. Falkner had a level 9 Pidgeotto! At least have it level 12 or something

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
No need to get your panties in a wad this is a discussion based on opinions.
It shows your skill as a debater to hide behind the OPINIONZZZ sheild.
Good Job.
I know you guys are fighting about something that is pointlessly overspeculated (i.e. orange islands + red/ash), but wouldn't HGSS be "a GSC in a D/P/PT" skin? It is the storyline of an old game with lifted features and graphics. Also, I wouldn't say GSC sucked, but they could have been(and will ) be better.
Well. Take FRLG, whislt staying faithful to the originals, they were, esseintally RSE in a RBY skin with the additions of Natures and other things not present in RBY. The same can be siad for HGSS in a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.