• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you NOT want to see in HG/SS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

warnerbroman

the Blue trainer
if you look at the admins the look like serious jessie and serious james

Luxraylover

i dont want any of the pokemon that werent in there before to be in there now i loved these games the most and i dont want them to change exept for a littel like new towns might be nice and higher lvl pokemon but thats it

i dont want any of the pokemon that werent in there before to be in there now i loved these games the most and i dont want them to change exept for a littel like new towns might be nice and higher lvl pokemon but thats it
There won't be new towns. o.o

I don't expect these games to change massively, but I expect big changes in some places..

Grei

not the color

We already know that the Dex is the same.

However, there are going to be a lot more changes than simply leveling. We aren't going to be getting any new towns, but we'll be getting a bunch of new stuff in existing towns, such as a (rumored) Pokemon Race Track and the GTS.

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
Exactly superdonut.

Rurik

Lucario Legionnaire

As I've pointed out before, if you just want to play the original games, then play the original games, the entire point of remaking something is so you can make changes to it.

Kiro

Mr. KiroKarp
I DO NOT want to see...
an empty Lake of Rage
Meaning, Red Gyarados must stay. It was kool. And in the beginning of DP, it mentioned him. PokeNews Media doesn't lie! And face it, the Red Gyara spam is inevitable. Besides, it wouldn't kill you to see more Gyara unless you really suck against Gyaras online. You ask "why?", well, I'll ask "why not?" Besides, if they displayed the RedGyara crisis a bit more, that would be kool. I wouldn't mind seeing it blow a few buildings down or vaporizing a few Rocket Grunts.

Empty Kanto Gyms
That was just unbelievably lame. Yea, sometimes the trainers kinda get annoying, but empty gyms just remind me of the anime. I don't really like the anime. And it's also related a little bit to how levels are too low and gyms not being challenging enough.

Contests
Probably my least favorite thing. Sure, some people like 'em. I say, who cares? This is what I don't want to see anyway. But, I have to admit, for people that love contests, Contests are an excellent way to add some replay value (When my sis had Ruby, she played all the way up to a year after D/P's release just because of contests).

No Kurt
I don't really have an opinion on apricorn balls, but it'd be kool to see Kurt have some role in there. I mean, what would a G/S remake be without the old man that broke his back for the Slowpokes?

Low Level
I don't really need to explain, just HIGHER LEVELS PLZ.

Honey Trees
Headbutting is much more satisfying than slapping some sticky stuff on a tree and having to camp by it. I want to annoy the crap outta the pokemon before I battle it, not treat it. And it's much more satisfying to find the pokemon asleep as it falls out, too. That always brings a nice lol.

(hear) Lame Remixes
The music in G/S was awesome. And I'm going to be really critical about the music. If it doesn't make me want to just put the DS down and just listen for a few half-hours along with that nice wave of nostalgia, then I'd be disappointed. I'm really excited for route 27... I think that's the route between Johto and Kanto right?

Grei

not the color
I DO NOT want to see...
an empty Lake of Rage
Meaning, Red Gyarados must stay. It was kool. And in the beginning of DP, it mentioned him. PokeNews Media doesn't lie! And face it, the Red Gyara spam is inevitable. Besides, it wouldn't kill you to see more Gyara unless you really suck against Gyaras online. You ask "why?", well, I'll ask "why not?" Besides, if they displayed the RedGyara crisis a bit more, that would be kool. I wouldn't mind seeing it blow a few buildings down or vaporizing a few Rocket Grunts.

The Lake of Rage and Red Gyarados are an integral part of the GSC plot, it won't be taken out. It won't be replaced with a normal Gyarados, either--it was Red because it was force to evolve, wasn't it?

Empty Kanto Gyms
That was just unbelievably lame. Yea, sometimes the trainers kinda get annoying, but empty gyms just remind me of the anime. I don't really like the anime. And it's also related a little bit to how levels are too low and gyms not being challenging enough.

I didn't think the Kanto Gyms were empty...I know Blaine's was, but his Gym had to be relocated because the original gym was destroyed. In any case, I don't want them to be empty either.

Contests
Probably my least favorite thing. Sure, some people like 'em. I say, who cares? This is what I don't want to see anyway. But, I have to admit, for people that love contests, Contests are an excellent way to add some replay value (When my sis had Ruby, she played all the way up to a year after D/P's release just because of contests).

(Note, Kiro, that this is not directed solely towards you, but at all who don't want to see Contests.)
What will it hurt for Contests to be in? They're purely optional, there's nowhere in ANY Pokemon storyline that forces you to partake in a Contest. Why would anybody NOT want them there, when you don't need to bother with them in the first place?

I keep seeing this everywhere! People! If it doesn't pertain to you, why do you not want it? When have Contests ever been forced upon you? I completely ignored the Contests in both Ruby and Emerald, AND Diamond and Platinum. They're great for when you don't have much to do, or are waiting for a daily event or something. It's a fun and different way to pass the time.

If anybody can give me one reason why Contests should not be in HGSS, beyond the fact that [whine]I don't like them and my nostalgia will be ruined and waaaaahhhhh!!![/whine], then I'll go with that. But right now, it's that old saying: Let a laying dog lie. It's not bothering anybody, so why bother it?
[/rant]

No Kurt
I don't really have an opinion on apricorn balls, but it'd be kool to see Kurt have some role in there. I mean, what would a G/S remake be without the old man that broke his back for the Slowpokes?

I'll be there, he's also a part of the storyline. He's a Key Character in GSC.

Low Level
I don't really need to explain, just HIGHER LEVELS PLZ.

I think just about everybody agrees that the levels of the Pokemon need to be higher. *nods*

Honey Trees
Headbutting is much more satisfying than slapping some sticky stuff on a tree and having to camp by it. I want to annoy the crap outta the pokemon before I battle it, not treat it. And it's much more satisfying to find the pokemon asleep as it falls out, too. That always brings a nice lol.

I hated the Honey Trees. I always forgot about them, since you needed to wait six hours for them to actually work. It was a waste of Honey, and most of the time (unless you were incredibly lucky), you only got a Wurmple out of it. >=(

(hear) Lame Remixes
The music in G/S was awesome. And I'm going to be really critical about the music. If it doesn't make me want to just put the DS down and just listen for a few half-hours along with that nice wave of nostalgia, then I'd be disappointed. I'm really excited for route 27... I think that's the route between Johto and Kanto right?

I don't think they can ruin a remix (unless they totally change the feel of the original track), but at the same time, I don't think you should be too disappointed if your nostalgia isn't sated. It's best not to expect so much from something, instead of having high expectations. That way, you aren't let down if/when they don't meet your expectations.

Kiro

Mr. KiroKarp
it was Red because it was force to evolve, wasn't it?

Yes, I believe so.

(Note, Kiro, that this is not directed solely towards you, but at all who don't want to see Contests.)
What will it hurt for Contests to be in? They're purely optional, there's nowhere in ANY Pokemon storyline that forces you to partake in a Contest. Why would anybody NOT want them there, when you don't need to bother with them in the first place?

I keep seeing this everywhere! People! If it doesn't pertain to you, why do you not want it? When have Contests ever been forced upon you? I completely ignored the Contests in both Ruby and Emerald, AND Diamond and Platinum. They're great for when you don't have much to do, or are waiting for a daily event or something. It's a fun and different way to pass the time.

If anybody can give me one reason why Contests should not be in HGSS, beyond the fact that [whine]I don't like them and my nostalgia will be ruined and waaaaahhhhh!!![/whine], then I'll go with that. But right now, it's that old saying: Let a laying dog lie. It's not bothering anybody, so why bother it?
[/rant]

Why not let the dog lie around? The fact that it isn't doing anything is the reason I wouldn't want it there. Because its doing nothing and taking space. They could fit a Battle Frontier or something, which is something I'd rather have. But yea, I acknowledge that it is another good way to pass time (replay value), but I'm just stating what I don't want to see. I'm not gonna be too mad if they're still in there.

I don't think they can ruin a remix (unless they totally change the feel of the original track), but at the same time, I don't think you should be too disappointed if your nostalgia isn't sated. It's best not to expect so much from something, instead of having high expectations. That way, you aren't let down if/when they don't meet your expectations.

Yea. I'm sure I'm just being really paranoid. heh heh ^^;

Well, whatever happens, I'm sure this game's gonna rock anyway.

pokemaster001

Nobody wants the honey trees!!!!

will people stop complaining about the honey trees?
ok! we get it! the honey should not be in!!! stop complaining!!!!
that is all

P.S. pokemon outside of the johto dex in johto without swarms or the pokeradar
P.P.S. lack of pokemon in the johto dex, I want it to be like the 4th generation where you get the dex and then continue to get the rest of the dex in the next place

Rurik

Lucario Legionnaire
If they include anything like the underground, I don't want to see it be local area only, the Underground would have been much better if they set it up so you could use WiFi to get together with your friends.

Rurik

Lucario Legionnaire
I'd rather have it laggy than not be able to do anything with it besides dig for fossils at all. Besides, I don't mean like with the WiFi plaza, I mean more like the Union Room where it's just you and whatever people you share your Friend Code With.

Ampy

Light The Stars
No Honey trees I hated that.... I had to wait a day to get a Combee and when I got it... it turned out to be a boy which is really annoying

I'd rather have it laggy than not be able to do anything with it besides dig for fossils at all. Besides, I don't mean like with the WiFi plaza, I mean more like the Union Room where it's just you and whatever people you share your Friend Code With.

Whether it was Wi-Fi oriented or not, all you would be able to do was still dig fossils, plant traps, and build secret bases. And whether or not the game would link with random people or only those on your Pal Pad, a huge area like the underground would lag like crazy. In all honesty, I'd rather have a "boring" underground rather than one that would suffer from so much lag it'd be rendered unplayable.

Even if you had an option to go Wi-Fi or not, there'd be no point as the lag would ruin the underground and no one would use it. It's not like the Union Room, the underground is as big as Sinnoh, so there would be no possible way to make it run any smoother.

Rurik

Lucario Legionnaire
Again, I'd still rather it be laggy than be ruined like it already is since I can't use it for the only thing it's good for, and that's Spiritomb.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
I don't see the point in the underground having Wi-fi? The only thing I ever used it for was to look for fossils, and stones. There isn't much player to player interaction besides capture the flag.

Rurik

Lucario Legionnaire
You need it to capture Spiritomb, you would kind of hope since Nintendo made everything else available using WiFi in Platinum they had realized that the majority of their fan base are nerds who lack friends to play with in person, but nooo, the one thing you need to actually catch one of the Pokemon they overlook.

You need it to capture Spiritomb, you would kind of hope since Nintendo made everything else available using WiFi in Platinum they had realized that the majority of their fan base are nerds who lack friends to play with in person, but nooo, the one thing you need to actually catch one of the Pokemon they overlook.

lolwut? The majority of their fanbase are boys 6-11, which I'm sure have plenty of friends tat own Pokemon games and aren't at that age yet where their peers begin to look down at Pokemon. And you're forgetting that not only can you get Spiritomb with only two players, but it can also be traded for at the GTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.