• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you NOT want to see in HG/SS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rurik

Lucario Legionnaire
The GTS is useless unless you're willing to shell out a level 100 Mew for a Bidoof, and what part of lack friends wasn't clear enough? Two players is one player too many without WiFi.

I actually find the GTS very helpful. :) Just put up a Pokemon, ask for something in return, and you'll probably get it within a day.

Seeking Pokemon on the other hand is a total disaster...

The GTS is useless unless you're willing to shell out a level 100 Mew for a Bidoof, and what part of lack friends wasn't clear enough? Two players is one player too many without WiFi.

Stop exaggerating about the GTS. I've used excessively and the only problem that I've come across it are the few hacks here and there. Unless you're searching for legendaries, it's incredibly easy to find a reasonable offer. And you have a lack of friends that play Pogeymans? Tough luck, cause you don't have Wi-Fi and Nintendo couldn't give a rat's *** cause you're not in the targeted demographic. My point still stands, you only need one friend to get Spiritomb. If you don't have Wi-Fi or a friend that has DPPt, tough luck.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Anyway, that being said, I can see that Spiritomb will be once again obtainable in HGSS if the underground returns.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
If Gamefreak didn't put Wi-fi in the Underground, for an easier way to get Spiritomb in D/P/Pt why would they put it in a game were Spiritomb won't even be included. This is HG/SS if they put in an Undeground adding Wi-fi won't serve any purpose at all besides playing a laggy version of Capture The Flag with someone in Japan

If Gamefreak didn't put Wi-fi in the Underground, for an easier way to get Spiritomb in D/P/Pt why would they put it in a game were Spiritomb won't even be included. This is HG/SS if they put in an Undeground adding Wi-fi won't serve any purpose at all besides playing a laggy version of Capture The Flag with someone in Japan

And as said, just having it as a wild monster in Kanto or somewhere would be a much more viable solution than adding Wi-Fi solely for the purpose of getting Spiritomb.

Rurik

Lucario Legionnaire
Actually I'm not exaggerating, searching for a Piplup, a Turtwig, a Stunky, a Misdreavus, a Murkrow, a Glameow, a Ditto, and yes, a Spiritomb, each and every last one of them, someone wanted a Deoxys, a Mew, a Jirachi, and either a Darkrai, or a Shaymin in exchange for it, and I'm going to wager they all wanted them at level 100 as well since I can't see the levels in Platinum because of the GTS glitch. And by the way, even when I was in their "target demographic" I still didn't know anyone who actually played Pokemon besides myself. Also, why would I be saying I want WiFi for anything like the Underground if I don't have WiFi already?

As has been pointed out several times about the contests, if they do include the Underground, and they include an option to do it on WiFi instead of on useless local wireless, then just don't use it.

Last edited:

Calm PokeMaster

I don't want to see the Apricorn balls and the phone calls again.I would also like to make Celebi available in the games WITHOUT an event.

Shadow Gamer

The Shadow Trainer
I don't want The Underground to make a return. I didn't like scavenging, it wasn't really fun to me...

warnerbroman

the Blue trainer
I don't want the shiny ratio to change to the new one

1/64 is golden to me

Rurik

Lucario Legionnaire
I don't want The Underground to make a return. I didn't like scavenging, it wasn't really fun to me...

I kind of liked the digging mini-game, but that was about as much as I liked about the Underground, so I'd rather it not return, as I said, if it must return Nintendo needs to give us a WiFi option. And no, I don't care how laggy it is, you don't like it, then don't use it, stick with the local wireless method.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I kind of liked the digging mini-game, but that was about as much as I liked about the Underground, so I'd rather it not return, as I said, if it must return Nintendo needs to give us a WiFi option. And no, I don't care how laggy it is, you don't like it, then don't use it, stick with the local wireless method.

A Wi-Fi Underground would be practically unusable because of the lag xD If they do add they better have options for no wireless and local wireless as well. I hated the lag that the forced local brought upon you.

Johto King

2nd gen all the way!
1. I dont wanna see an over use of legendaries in the game
2. headbutt trees instead of honey trees
3. and higher gym lvls
4. Learn more about the story of your rival(joins team rocket)

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
1. I dont wanna see an over use of legendaries in the game
2. headbutt trees instead of honey trees
3. and higher gym lvls
4. Learn more about the story of your rival(joins team rocket)

1. What exactly do you mean? Because we already have a **** ton.
2. Sane people agree.
3. Same.
4. Never gonna happen. Your rival is against Team Rocket, he'll never join it. Not to mention your rival is supposed to be separate from the evil team.

Linkdarkside

if Mewtwo and the Latis are confirmed to be in the game i hope they are not Event.

i do not have FR or LG, so no Mewtwo for me.

Drummer Tom

NU/UU Connoisseur
I DON'T want the red gyarados to be counted as shiny, because what will happen to all the legit ones? (I caught a shiny magikarp in sootopolis in ruby)

Maybe they could make it red but with no star?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I DON'T want the red gyarados to be counted as shiny, because what will happen to all the legit ones? (I caught a shiny magikarp in sootopolis in ruby)

Maybe they could make it red but with no star?

Oh please stop complaining. Legit ones? What are you talking about? The Red Gyarados from the Lake of Rage IS legit. it WILL have the star and be treated as a regular shiny.

Gyarados from the Lake of Rage will be worthless, all other ones will not be. Stop complaining people >.<

beroberto212

Pme 4 fc
Don't want:
WEAKER GYMS. I heard some guy earlier say Chuck was sooooo hard in G/S/C and I almost destroyed my computer.

HERLS

LOLOLOL
I don't think there's anything in particular I wouldn't "want" in the game, although one thing I will say is that they shouldn't take TOO many creative liberties with HeartGold and SoulSilver.

That is to say, I want new features, new facilities and better graphics, but I still want it to FEEL like GSC. They can expand things, but headbutt trees aside (never really used them), they shouldn't take anything away, because that'd just suck. At the same time, if they add too much new content, it'll overpower the classic content.

I don't really want to be playing the same game, because that's what emulation is for, but I don't really want to be playing a completely different game either, if that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.