• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you NOT want to see in HG/SS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkness of Zero

Touhou Fanatic
Things I do NOT want:

-Apricorn balls being removed (the pokemon you caught them with could just be "recoloured" into normal pokeballs by default when traded to D/P/Pt or not allowed to be traded if a pokemon is holding one).
Agreed. Or, what would make more sense, is that it becomes a Pokeball.
-Crystal events and features not being included (I could understand if the Suicune story wouldn't be included, although I hope otherwise).
I think the Suicune story should be included. They didn't make a 3rd remake game for FR/LG, so I'd feel cheated if they ditched the Crystal story.
-Terribly low leveled trainers, gym leaders, everything.
Never noticed they were low.
-1st generation Pokemon overshadowing 2nd generation Pokemon in their own region (wild, in-game trades, everything). Basically, too many Kanto Pokemon in Johto and too many Johto Pokemon in Kanto.
While I don't think they should overshadow them, I still would like to see a lot of this.
-Johto gym leaders, 2nd generation members of the Elite 4 (Will and Karen) and Johto in-game trainers using mostly Kanto pokémon. What happened to representing your region/the region you were introduced with?
Very true. But tell me how many goodJohto pokemon work for them?
-The exclusion of 3rd and 4th generation pokémon that are related and linked to 2nd and 1st generation pokémon, and also the two 3rd generation Unowns (? and !) not being included. They should all be included.
YES. I'm seriously hating the people who are like "no RSE/DP pokemon until nat dex!!1! It doesn't make sense to exclude them.
-No gym leader rematches.
Yes. Because we all want to be able to challenge our favs again.
-No updated Johtodex (which would be; 2nd and 1st generation pokemon, the 3rd and 4th generation pokemon that are related and linked to them, and all their different forms. Basically just a simple "add-on and upgrade", as I doubt they would remove any pokemon that were originally in the Johtodex before).
-No appearance of the opposite gender that you didn't pick. They had both rivals in D/P/Pt, it should happen in Hg/Ss as well.
In Crystal, they got an honorable mention (silent battle) at that one house battle place, but yes, they definitely need to be more a part of the game this time.
-The Unown dex removed.
That would suck.
-All 3rd and 4th pokemon that are unrelated or unlinked to any 1st and 2nd generation pokemon available in the game at all (apart from possibly a couple of event pokemon). That's what R/S/E/D/P/Pt are for.
I don't think so. I say there should be some - not all, but not completely missing, either.
-That Neo Kanto region at all (just because I know it would most likely be included, doesn't mean I want it to be at all. Seriously, if this "two major regions in one game" idea was as brilliant as many people think it is, how come it wasn't in any other games after GSC? Because Game Freak must have wised up and realised it wasn't such a fantastic idea after all. >_>).
Well, everyone else liked it. I would even like it to be explored in more detail.
-I do NOT want to see no expansion on Johto, and instead just the same small sized region we got back in GS. If Crystal can add a couple of new areas, this can add many more new Johto areas. There is no excuse to not greatly expand on Johto at all.
Again, yes. It would be annoying not to see anywhere new.
-Bike dismantle when you go through a gatehouse.
Annoying.
-Surf attacking your other pokemon in 2-on-2 battles.
It's a game mechanic, so I doubt it'll change. It makes sense after all, and if you don't like it, combo with Water Absorb.
-No new radio shows in addition to all the ones from Crystal.
We must have new things! Like Who's That Pokemon!
-Laggy game speed from D/P (I'm not sure if they have fixed this in Platinum, I haven't played it yet).
Laggy? Huh?
-Constant weather in just one place. If weather changed all around, that would be great.
That would be awesome.
-The Pokégear radio automatically turning itself off when you enter a new town, city, route, building, floor, etc.
That was annoying, too.
-Calling out attacks, 4 regions and any other gimmicky, god-awful ideas that are definitely not going to happen.
Calling out attacks would be a nice feature so long as it was not required. I'd like to be able to shout into my DS if I wanted to, but would probably stop playing if I had to do it to attack. Four reigons would be overkill, and I doubt it would go to Sinnoh because it's the same time period. Maybe a Neo Hoenn if they have enough time to do it, though, and I admit that would be interesting.
-Orange Islands (anime filler arcs are uneeded in main, canon games).
The Whirl Islands season was a filler arc. Should they be taken out? I think they should just be in there so that the only pokemon reigon to ever not appear in a game would be able to get into one.
-An endless Items bag instead of an Items Storage in the PC (I'm sure they could just include both...).
-Removal of Red Gyarados. Unlike "Neo Kanto", this was actually a pretty important part of the game's storyline.
Yes.
-No new Safari Zone (Every major region has a safari zone, except Johto). That's true. There should be one... or the Kanto one get reopened.
-Sevii Islands (The Sevii Islands in Fr/Lg were just fine).
I agree here, but I wouldn't complain if they were in.
-Honey trees. Although I'm sure they could have both these and Headbutt trees, I prefer using the Honey trees in Sinnoh. Headbutt trees however should be available in Johto.
Yes.
-Not being able to evolve your 2nd and 1st generation Pokemon if they couldn't evolve in the original G/S, until you've beaten the game. An inappropriate and horribly obnoxious feature that shouldn't have even been in Fr/Lg.
More Yes.
-The uneeded "automatic" text that was in D/P (again, not sure if they've removed this in Platinum).
What do you mean?
That's all I've got, for the moment.

Yeah, I agree. I wouldn't want to see that either, I prefer the old-skool way.

Comments in bold.

Suikami

Exploring the void
I guess the main things I don't want are the following:

Once you defeat a gym leader, that's that. (I really want some sort of rematches with gym leaders)
Low leveled Pokemon. (I don't want the Pokemon to have extremely low levels, but I also don't think they should have levels that are too high)
Honey Trees. (Headbutt was a greater mechanic in my opinion)
Generic berry names (Please, change the names to actual berries now, the whole "Berry" thing is old, extremely)
Different music (Changing the music in anyway would impact the awesome effect the games have, keep it the same)
Same sprites for both games (Gold and Silver had a different set of sprites for each game, I don't want to see the games share the same set)

sam_h12

WHERE IS PIDGEOT?!
Trooper Guy: ""laggy game speed"
YES! battles are horrendously slow as are menus sometimes, which is why i don't play my Pearl anymore, it's just so boring!

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
The music obviously is going to be changed though.

I mean, why would a DS game use the beeps and boops of a GBC game? They'll keep the same tune likely, but obviously it'll be altered. Comes with the remake territory.

ChloboShoka

Writer
This thread is proof you can't please everyone.

I think it would be cool if Lugia/Ho-oh and Raikou, Entai and Suicane had thier own theme battle music compared to regular wild pokemon. I think it would get me in the mood into catching the pokemon.

I also feel tempted to say that I wish the three dogs wouldn't run away when you try to catch them. But I guess that sort of takes the fun of it all and trying to hopefully think they would appear again.

Trooper Guy

Lost in history...
Agreed. Or, what would make more sense, is that it becomes a Pokeball.
Well, that's kinda what I was hinting at but yeah, I agree.

I think the Suicune story should be included. They didn't make a 3rd remake game for FR/LG, so I'd feel cheated if they ditched the Crystal story.
Agreed. It added more length to the game and gave us players more insight into the Legendary Beasts' background, their connection with Ho-oh and Unown amongst other things. I would definitely want it in Hg/Ss, although I could understand why if they decided not to include it.

Never noticed they were low.
Yeah, the levels overall were pretty poor. Johto's highest gym leader level was lvl 40, whilst in R/G/B the highest level was lvl 50 (lvl 55 in Yellow). The levels of the Kanto Elite 4 in G/S/C ranged from lvls 40-50 and compared to Kanto Elite 4's level ranges back in R/G/B/Y, which was lvls 53-62 (65 if you include Blue/Gary's pokemon), it's an absolute joke. Also, the levels in the rest of Neo Kanto itself were pretty bad too. You've just defeated the Elite 4 and almost everyone in Neo Kanto (apart from the gym leaders and the rival) are still much weaker than the Elite 4 in comparison, making Neo Kanto a total walkover. Kanto should have been much stronger than this after 3 years and Johto shouldn't be this weak. There's also some other explanations in this thread: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=7559610

While I don't think they should overshadow them, I still would like to see a lot of this.
I'm the opposite. I think most of the Kanto pokemon (that are unrelated to any 2nd generation pokemon, and aren't the "typical ones" like Geodude, Tentacool and Magikarp for example) should be made uncommon.

Very true. But tell me how many goodJohto pokemon work for them?
Good point. But with the new 3rd and 4th generation's additions to the Johto-based evolution families, they don't really have an excuse this time around. I'd much rather they use those in addition to the 2nd generation pokemon, then unrelated 1st gen pokemon hogging the spotlight. TBH, the general usage of 2nd gen pokemon was pretty low overall back in G/S/C.

I don't think so. I say there should be some - not all, but not completely missing, either.
I dunno. In my opinion, I don't think there should be any of those kinds, as since they're not related or even linked to the main group of pokemon being promoted and advertised (2nd gen), they don't really have any business being there at all. Plus, there was also little to no 3rd generation pokemon in Fr/Lg, and also not that many 1st generation in R/S/E. I think this was good, as it allowed the 1st and 3rd generation pokemon to each have the proper spotlight in their own respective regions.

Well, everyone else liked it. I would even like it to be explored in more detail.
I know of a lot of people who actually disliked that feature, even more than I do. I just think Neo Kanto should never have been there to begin with, because it had no proper reason to be included and just takes up space that Johto could be using instead. The main region being featured and advertised to us fans is meant to be Johto and it's new pokemon. But yet when you play G/S/C, it's mosly about the 1st generation (I've made couple of posts in the past that go into much more detail about this: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9323813&postcount=103
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9333846&postcount=109 )

Although, as long as they give Johto the proper expansion and new areas it rightly deserves, sort out the levels and showcase the 2nd generation pokemon more, than I wouldn't even mind Neo Kanto being in the games. I know that it would most likely be there, what with Hg/Ss being remakes and all, but I just wish it wasn't.

It's a game mechanic, so I doubt it'll change. It makes sense after all, and if you don't like it, combo with Water Absorb.
I think they shouldn't have introduced it into D/P to begin with, since it's a pretty horrible idea. You're right though, I don't think they'd remove it now. Hopefully that horrid and rather weird feature of Surf will be banished from the 5th generation onwards.

Laggy? Huh?
I found that the game speed of D/P was pretty slow and clunky, especially in comparison to, say, Leaf Green. Leaf Green ran in lightning speed in comparison. Although I've heard that they've fixed it in Platinum though, so it shouldn't be a problem.

The Whirl Islands season was a filler arc. Should they be taken out? I think they should just be in there so that the only pokemon reigon to ever not appear in a game would be able to get into one.
I don't really follow the pokemon anime that much, but I think it was the Whirl Cup tournament that was all filler. The actual Whirl Islands themselves couldn't be filler, as they are actually in the main series of games. Unless there's something I've overlooked?

What do you mean?
Well for example, say you have just defeated a trainer or a wild pokemon. The text automatically "continues" until you return to the field. It also does this at the "Trainer X wants to battle! Trainer X sent out Venomoth" part and also the "Trainer X is about to use Raichu" part.
My replies in bold.

Last edited:

Baby Cyndaquil

I don't want them to take out Kanto or add in any more rivals (unless you see characters from the other games like Lucas or May with Pokemon from their respective regions)

fozza9448

has any1 thought that nintendo must have been thinkin bout this ages ago and could have already put the apricorn ball sprites into platinum, and also why there r so many refernces and how the johto pokemon haven't had upgraded art?

Peeko

Glacier Trainer
The only thing I really don't want to see is honey trees replacing headbutt, headbutt is quicker and more convenient.

TheSpleen

has any1 thought that nintendo must have been thinkin bout this ages ago and could have already put the apricorn ball sprites into platinum, and also why there r so many refernces and how the johto pokemon haven't had upgraded art?

Every bit of data and every sprite had been pulled from the game long before it even reached us here in America. If you happen to have a dump of the games, or even just a dump of a save file from one, you can see for yourself by loading it up in pokesav - Kurt's balls simply aren't there.

The stock artist - the one who does the art you see copied and pasted all over the place, most notably in strategy guides and press-related things, was changed when R/S/E came along. He's worked on art for all pokemon since then, including gen 1 because of FR/LG. Which makes pokemon added in gen 2, up until now, the only ones not to have been redrawn.

SolarBean

Deuterostome Club
^What he said.

Also, I don't want to just play as Gold. I want the option to be Crystal, Gold, or Silver.

TheSpleen

^What he said.

Also, I don't want to just play as Gold. I want the option to be Crystal, Gold, or Silver.

Gold and Silver were identical, just standing differently.

Unless I've got Alzheimer's or something.

Crystal will definitely return as the female - also am I the only one who thinks the female trainers from all the other games sucked in comparison? I'm even more sick of seeing that weird bonnet/hat thing on the female trainers than I am that french hat on the males.

brisngr9021

VVV Post VVV
Has anyone, imagine if, thought that perhaps Lance could give you a special ball or give it a ribbon that make it unable to be put on wifi...?
"Here Luke use this special Pokeball! It will stop it's rage!"
"Luke, let me see that Gyrados for a minute" *attaches Ribbon* "That will make it obey you easily."

I don't want to see honey trees, the removal of day events such as the bug contest, or anything that would make Jhoto feel like a remake FR/LG style.

OJG

r u not entertained
All I want is Kanto, and possibly Hoenn, better graphics, the chance to play as Silver, TR story. I was only thinking about re-buying a SIlver from eBay then I see that this has been announced :)

TheSpleen

Has anyone, imagine if, thought that perhaps Lance could give you a special ball or give it a ribbon that make it unable to be put on wifi...?
"Here Luke use this special Pokeball! It will stop it's rage!"
"Luke, let me see that Gyrados for a minute" *attaches Ribbon* "That will make it obey you easily."

I don't want to see honey trees, the removal of day events such as the bug contest, or anything that would make Jhoto feel like a remake FR/LG style.

I don't see why. To us an analogy in the same series, red gyarados will become like first edition machamp from Pokemon TCG - everyone will have one and once people realize that nobody will consider it valuable. There'll be that initial "holy **** a shiny" craze from people who never played G/S and maybe don't realize that they didn't just luck out in that encounter, but it'll eventually just be widely regarded as worthless.

As a side note, I feel bad for anyone who legitimately pulled a first edition machamp in a booster pack or something.

Valkyrie X

If they make it DSi exclusive or remove Kanto, I'll have to slap a *****.

Really though, I think the Orange Islands would be an interesting addition to play around with after defeating the Elite Four. The Sevii Islands were a great idea in FRLG, and HGSS could use something like that.

I'd be irritated if your starter stopped following you after, say, evolving. Of course, you should always have the option of putting it back in its ball when you don't want it out, but come on, I'd love a giant Feraligatr tagging along behind me.

Status
Not open for further replies.