• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you NOT want to see in HG/SS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkdarkside

I really miss the likes of Heavy Ball, Fast Ball and Love Ball.
But it looks like they will be replaced by the Pokeballs from Gen III and Gen IV.
i dont see why we cant have both i mean there no Heavy Ball or Love Ball equivalent in Gen III and Gen IV.

goinGreen

<-I herd u Liek me?
I don't want to see any butchering of the plot. If it strays too far from G/S/C, I will be disappointed.

I don't want to see a lack of Marina. She should serve some role as an NPC (appearing as a gimmick like Jasmine in D/P/Pl)

I don't want to see a lack of the Red Gyarados. THAT is part of what made G/S/C special! I'd be crushed if it disappeared.

Grass Guardian

Rags to Riches
i dont see why we cant have both i mean there no Heavy Ball or Love Ball equivalent in Gen III and Gen IV.

We can't have both because, unless Game Freak thought WAY ahead (which I doubt) the Heavy Ball, Love Ball, Moon Ball etc are probably not programmed into D/P/P. That means that any pokemon that is kept in these pokeballs will not be able to be traded outside of other HGSS games. Having these GSC exclusive balls would probably makes things pretty inconvienent.

On topic:
- Honey Trees (Headbutt please!)
- Silver's personality being changed. I don't want to see any of that "Seeing the error of his ways" crap.
- Low levels. When I battle the champion (Not gonna spoil it) I want him/her to be at least in the 60's like Cynthia.
- Maybe not have the Red Gyarados be catchable. After reading a previous post about "Red Gyarados wifi spam," I agree. That would suck.

Linkdarkside

We can't have both because, unless Game Freak thought WAY ahead (which I doubt) the Heavy Ball, Love Ball, Moon Ball etc are probably not programmed into D/P/P. That means that any pokemon that is kept in these pokeballs will not be able to be traded outside of other HGSS games. Having these GSC exclusive balls would probably makes things pretty inconvienent.

On topic:
- Honey Trees (Headbutt please!)
- Silver's personality being changed. I don't want to see any of that "Seeing the error of his ways" crap.
- Low levels. When I battle the champion (Not gonna spoil it) I want him/her to be at least in the 60's like Cynthia.
- Maybe not have the Red Gyarados be catchable. After reading a previous post about "Red Gyarados wifi spam," I agree. That would suck.
well they could make that wend those pokemon are traded their pokeballs become normal pokeballs.

Grass Guardian

Rags to Riches
I still don't think that would work because of the "Friend Ball." The whole point of it is to make pokemon like the trainer at a faster rate. It was kind of designed with trades in mind. There'd be no point to it if it just turned into a regular pokeball.

squirrel boy

A.K.A. myrandomness
new maps. honestly crystal is still my favorite pokemon game to date. i honestly think i could play it for a week straight. its so simple and fun. and i think if they change maps too much they might lose a customer. another thing i hope they dont change is the music. i mean, who doesnt like the music in a pokemon game? another thing i dont want taken out is the connection to kanto. honestly if they take kanto out then that totally and completely takes away a reason for me to buy the game. crystal is my favorite. i just wish they could revamp the sprites and map. nothing else. and if heart gold and soul silver take that stuff away then i WILL NOT be buy them.

sbgtf

Well, I had personally just hoped that they didn't include the feature of showing where you had just been every single time you turn on the game, like they did in FR/LG. I hated that so much.. But it seems they're including it, according to Coro Coro. I didn't think I had to worry about it after they release all three Generation 4 games without it. It looked like it had been scrapped. I guess not. Maybe it's a remake thing... Oh well, the games are still gonna kick butt!

KKInu

Well, I had personally just hoped that they didn't include the feature of showing where you had just been every single time you turn on the game, like they did in FR/LG. I hated that so much.. But it seems they're including it, according to Coro Coro. I didn't think I had to worry about it after they release all three Generation 4 games without it. It looked like it had been scrapped. I guess not. Maybe it's a remake thing... Oh well, the games are still gonna kick butt!

Actually, the feature was included in DPPt, but only if you made it so. That was what the journal was for, if you used it it recorded an entry that would show up at the beginning of the same telling you where you'd been and what you were doing. It was a feature made so that just in case there were players who hadn't played their game files in a long time and forgot what they were doing.

Pokemonwarrior

I Am Your Nightmare
Things I don't want in HG/SS

1) A lame Team Rocket - Longer and such.
2) All low level Gym and Elite 4 Pokemon - up them all some.
3) Low level Wild Pokemon - I mean really some 2nd - 4th gen pokemon you just toss a ball and get it thats not fun.
4) Not keeping Kurt and his balls - Keep him and his balls and just add all other gen balls to market.
5) To many 1,3,4 gen Pokemon before the E4 - Kanto Pokemon stay in the Kanto map of the game and bring back the PokeRadar and Swarms for gen 3-4 Pokemon.

Freakshow

Jibaku
Do not want:
- Removal of Kanto: Seriously...I don't care if Kanto has a lame plot. I loved it as a feature, not as a storyline
- Removal of Apricorns: For crying out loud just revert them back into Pokeballs upon trade.
- Removal of Coin Toss App: This stuff is too useful. It allows you to get shinies super easily and check if your game starts with the right seed. Of course, this would mean...
- Removal of the D/P/Pt RNG system: I love abusing it
- Removal of Red Gyarados: So what if shinies can be mass produced in a matter of minutes now? Red Gyarados was a classic. It needs to stay. It must stay. The only reason, perhaps, against Red Gyarados is that you can probably calculate your Secret ID from it.
- Low levels: Have been said a million times.
- Whitney's Miltank: That stuff needs to be nerfed it took me forever to beat her on my first silver run when I was 9 :/
- Sudowoodo tree: This will probably stay but you can get wild Sudowoodos from Pearl anyways. It is cool and all, but is useless
- Headbutt trees replaced with Honey Trees. I am not waiting for 6 hours and finding out that I get a stupid Combee...or Beedrill...or something. I want my Heracross! (Well you can get Hera from Honey Trees but it's rare enough and I'm not waiting for 6 hours)
- The unavailability of Larvitar. Larvitar is only available really late into the game and I want a Tyranitar earlier on!
- Evolution stops: Remember FRLG Golbat?
- Celebi event missing: Celebi needs its own soft resettable place
- Slow surfing speed
- The inability to cut grass (WHY DID THEY REMOVE IT IN DPPT?)
- Super Contests: Those are terrible. Hoenn's contests are so much better when you can jam your opponent
- Battle Facilities being taken out. They were cool
- No random WiFi battles: THey could do so many WiFI things, yet not install a random WiFi battling system like in PBR? This would fill up so much of my time when I'm bored
- Inability to record matches: Vs. Recorder in Platinum is amazing and I want it back.
- Non-rebattleable Gym Leaders: Uhmm..duh?

Mark_Chaos

WARP EVOLUTION!
Do not want:
- Removal of Kanto: Seriously...I don't care if Kanto has a lame plot. I loved it as a feature, not as a storyline
- Removal of Apricorns: For crying out loud just revert them back into Pokeballs upon trade.
- Removal of Coin Toss App: This stuff is too useful. It allows you to get shinies super easily and check if your game starts with the right seed. Of course, this would mean...
- Removal of the D/P/Pt RNG system: I love abusing it
- Removal of Red Gyarados: So what if shinies can be mass produced in a matter of minutes now? Red Gyarados was a classic. It needs to stay. It must stay. The only reason, perhaps, against Red Gyarados is that you can probably calculate your Secret ID from it.
- Low levels: Have been said a million times.
- Whitney's Miltank: That stuff needs to be nerfed it took me forever to beat her on my first silver run when I was 9 :/
- Sudowoodo tree: This will probably stay but you can get wild Sudowoodos from Pearl anyways. It is cool and all, but is useless
- Headbutt trees replaced with Honey Trees. I am not waiting for 6 hours and finding out that I get a stupid Combee...or Beedrill...or something. I want my Heracross! (Well you can get Hera from Honey Trees but it's rare enough and I'm not waiting for 6 hours)
- The unavailability of Larvitar. Larvitar is only available really late into the game and I want a Tyranitar earlier on!
- Evolution stops: Remember FRLG Golbat?
- Celebi event missing: Celebi needs its own soft resettable place
- Slow surfing speed
- The inability to cut grass (WHY DID THEY REMOVE IT IN DPPT?)
- Super Contests: Those are terrible. Hoenn's contests are so much better when you can jam your opponent
- Battle Facilities being taken out. They were cool
- No random WiFi battles: THey could do so many WiFI things, yet not install a random WiFi battling system like in PBR? This would fill up so much of my time when I'm bored
- Inability to record matches: Vs. Recorder in Platinum is amazing and I want it back.
- Non-rebattleable Gym Leaders: Uhmm..duh?
I agree.
And for God sake the Apricorn Ball become the cousin of P/D/Pt
Lure=Dive or Net
Heavy=Timer? or Nest?
Love/Friend=Luxury
Moon=Dusk
Fast=Quick
Did I miss any?

Grass Guardian

Rags to Riches
I agree.
And for God sake the Apricorn Ball become the cousin of P/D/Pt
Lure=Dive or Net
Heavy=Timer? or Nest?
Love/Friend=Luxury
Moon=Dusk
Fast=Quick
Did I miss any?

Actually some of those are incorrect.

Heavy ball was to make catching heavy pokemon easier. It had nothing to do with how many turns went by or their level.

Love ball didn't make pokemon like you faster. All it did was make pokemon of the opposite gender of your currently fighting pokemon easier to catch.

Moon ball was stupid and had nothing to do with the time of day. It made pokemon that evolve via moon stone eaiser to catch. (Clefairy, Nidos, Jigglepuff etc)

empires228

Beginning Trainer
Actually some of those are incorrect.

Heavy ball was to make catching heavy pokemon easier. It had nothing to do with how many turns went by or their level.

Love ball didn't make pokemon like you faster. All it did was make pokemon of the opposite gender of your currently fighting pokemon easier to catch.

Moon ball was stupid and had nothing to do with the time of day. It made pokemon that evolve via moon stone eaiser to catch. (Clefairy, Nidos, Jigglepuff etc)

Exactly what I was going to say. Im sick reading through this and seeing people compairing the moonball to the duskball ect.

I do not want some pokemon to be near impossable to catch. (I had issues with the lake trio in D/P/Pt.)

I do not want Headbutt to be removed and replaced by honey trees. If anything they should have both.

I don't want my starter following me. Even though signs are pointing to yes.

I don't want the new female trainer to have a large role or take Laces spot at the lake of rage and the rocket base.

I don't want the new female trainer. She looks like a cut and paste of the past ones.

and finally I dont want the removal of any thing that was important to the plot. Even if it will get spammed on Wifi.

ryman

I don't want any changes to the plot or Johto gameplay.

I don't want to see the early NPC levels skyrocket. I know the Elite Four was kinda weak, but keep in mind, after facing them you had EIGHT MORE FREAKING GYM LEADERS to fight, if all of the Elite Four have level 60 Pokemon that only leaves a a twenty level inclination from Lt. Surge to Red, the equivilent of fighting Brock with his level 14 Pokemon and your rival in the Elite Four with level 35 Pokemon. It should be evenly spaced out.

I don't want the return of Johto Poke Balls.

I don't want the apricots to be cut. Think about it, the special Poke Balls from D/P/Pt could be not available in stores and only available through the old method.

I don't want Typhlosion/Feraligatr/Maganium following you around without choosing to. It's one thing to have a cute little Chikorita trot alongside you through Violet City, it's quite another to walk into Pallet Town with a Feraligatr backing you up.

I don't want to see 3rd and 4th gen Pokemon running around Johto. Maybe in Kanto after you get a National Dex, but I want to GET a National Dex, not start with it.

I don't want to see exclusion of now basic items added since Gold and Silver, like gear shifting bikes, VS Seeker, ect.

I don't want to see stupid (and I don't mean bad stupid, I mean low IQ stupid) berries like PSNCUREBERRY or PRZCUREBERRY when we now have the better berry equivilents.

I don't want a shift in the Gold and Silver HMs, I don't want the Whirl Islands to lack whirlpools just because Whirlpool isn't an HM.

I don't want the Red Gyarados to be treated like a normal shiney in wifi (it should have it's own seperate search, like a totally different Pokemon), but with the Pikachu colored Pichu, it's starting to look like there might be a seperate kind of alternate color Pokemon for the like of them.

Finally, I don't want the English version of the game to be called "Heart Gold", it really doesn't roll of the tongue easy. FIRE Red, LEAF Green, and SOUL Silver are okay because they end on soft sounds (er, fuh, and ll) while Heart Gold on the other hand sounds wierd because of the strong consenents following each other. Maybe GoldenHeart and SilverSoul versions would be better.

Lugiaisbeast

moderately awesome
I don't want to see them take away the apricorn balls I actually enjoyed them I also don't want to see the same low levels that were in the original although a I also don't want to see any non 2nd and 3rd gen pokemon until the National dex or kanto then they can go crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.