• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you NOT want to see in HG/SS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alloute

Not Banned
I do not want:
-Celebi at all, I have 6 kinds of Celebi already.
-Remixed music that sounds nothing like the original music
-Kanto
-Honey Trees (The Headbutt trees could still appear)

Poliwagged

I do not want:

-Kanto
COUNTER

You might have 6 Celebi, but 98% of the population probably doesn't even have one. Care to think about someone besides yourself?

See: FR/LG about that music part. If it sounds nothing like the original, then they're doing the whole "remake" thing wrong. So far we've heard New Bark, Azalea, and Elm's Lab, and they sound very spot-on to the originals so it's safe to say they're on the right track.

Not having Kanto is like taking away 25% of the game.

skillwise

Paul's fan
i dont want to see them remove the red gyrados..... or the 50/50 chance of breeding shinies, they could make it so only shinies caught in hg/ss could have the 50/50 breeding chance and i dont not want to see the removal of kanto

COUNTER

You might have 6 Celebi, but 98% of the population probably doesn't even have one. Care to think about someone besides yourself?

See: FR/LG about that music part. If it sounds nothing like the original, then they're doing the whole "remake" thing wrong. So far we've heard New Bark, Azalea, and Elm's Lab, and they sound very spot-on to the originals so it's safe to say they're on the right track.

Not having Kanto is like taking away 25% of the game.

I agree, the music to New Bark Town has been improved, and the music to Elm's Lab sounds more realistic now that it doesn't have a 8-bit sounding filter. And Azalea's music sounds greatly improved, and still sounds like the original. And also, parts of the Sevii Islands in Kanto had Johto music, and also FireRed and LeafGreen's music from the original Red and Blue was great.

Johto is a small region compared to the likes of Sinnoh, Hoenn and Orre. Johto only has 2 town's without gyms, whilst Sinnoh has Twinleaf, Sandgem, Jubilife, Floroama, Solaceon and Celestic Towns, that don't have Gyms.

So Kanto was kind of needed since Johto was so small in Generation II, but as you can see, in HG/SS, lots of areas have been remapped, Kurt's house, no longer has a back garden with a berry tree inside it. Now he has a whole orchard growing around his house, and now he is on a mountaineous area of Azalea Town, which wasn't there before. So Johto is slowly expanding.

Also, the guy who says he has 6 Celebi, no one really cares :)

Psyce

Abyss abuser
1) I do NOT want being able to have only one starter. It kinda sucks not being able to have all three.

2)I do NOT want contests like in DPPt. It should be more like RSE.

3)I do NOT want 'event pokemon'. Events are lame. Sooooo lame. Please, just let us be able to legitimately catch legends!

4)I do NOT want a lame storyline. Please, add up something better and more creative.

5)I do NOT want only my starter to follow me around. I should get an option of non-starters too.

Note: I never played GSC. My 'I do NOT want' list is based on Yellow, Emerald and Platinum.

MustGetPlatinum

If we could get more of a story, that'd be awesome. I mean, in the First and Second generation games, there really was not major plotline. In GSE there was Aqua/Magma getting Groudon and Kyogre. In Emerald there was both and you had to get Rayquaza. In DP Cyrus wants Dialga or Palkia. The Second Generation had the worst storyline. No major villain even appears.

One thing I don't think anyone mentioned: those houses between towns. They ****** me off so much. In the originals, you never knew where a town was unless you looked at a map. Now with the houses, you always know that the town is right there.

No I mean those little houses in between towns and routes. They have people walking around and a little gatekeeper. It's kind of hard to explain, but they were EVERYWHERE in DP.

Also, where is the screen of azalea that arceus was talking about

PKMN KING

Ozymandias
I do not want:
- Slow Surf
- Cherrygroove houses that have pink roofs
- Lugia/Ho-oh Exclusives
- A Skateboard
- Silph Sco with no door
- Jasmine leaving when you beat her
- Cainwood unchanged

That was all xD

DarkZBoy

POKEMON
-I don't want the 3 dogs to be runners, very annoying, but I could live with them being runners, seeing as the original game had them being runners, but a fixed location would be so awesome.

-I don't want the sleeping Snorlax, I remember I had to figuire that thing out for around 3 weeks, it took me exactly 1 year, 40 days to beat gold. (At that time, I didn't know to use the internet). xD

- I do not want Blaine in his hut cave thing, the gym would be so much better.

- PLUS I do not want Silph co with no Second floor!

deep sea master

I would not like to see:

-low level pokemons;
-apricorn balls;
-Your starter following you to everywhere(it would just be great if you could let it out of the pokeball whenever you want to).

P.s.: I would like to have a mix of honeytrees and headbutting trees ^^

I do not want to see:
-slow surf
-a storyline like RSE and DPPt. Please, don't have Team Rocket search for Lugia/Ho-oh and try to use them to change the world. Do something more creative.
-No change to Cinnabar
-Silph Co with no second floor
-A skateboard. If they must have it, have it as a choice.
-To get rid of the Red Gyarados. They better not get rid of it...

MewtwosAdvocate

The Last Supram
I do not want:
-Kanto

If you dont want more Celebi's.......then dont catch anymore? That's not reason to deprive everyone else. I personally have not had a Celebi since 2nd Gen.

I agree, the music to New Bark Town has been improved, and the music to Elm's Lab sounds more realistic now that it doesn't have a 8-bit sounding filter. And Azalea's music sounds greatly improved, and still sounds like the original. And also, parts of the Sevii Islands in Kanto had Johto music, and also FireRed and LeafGreen's music from the original Red and Blue was great.

I'm really looking forward to the remixed music for this game. I've always loved video game music and pokemon has some good stuff, especially GS. FR/LG was decently redone, but the regular trainer music was so stupid. I hated how juvenile it sounded. It was like they were making fun of themselves with that theme.

No I mean those little houses in between towns and routes. They have people walking around and a little gatekeeper. It's kind of hard to explain, but they were EVERYWHERE in DP.

Also, where is the screen of azalea that arceus was talking about

Oh, I get it. You mean those gateway houses like where you had to bring the guy water in Gen 1?

ShoujoKitten

I don't wanna see the phone going off every five minutes-once in a while is good-but i think it rang too much.

Dark FireBird

Ah ha!! ♪
~ i don't want to get continuous phone calls from people saying they just beat a crummy rattata- that bugged me soo much in the originals when i was trying to hunt the dogs! xD

~ a skateboard- i don't know why people are getting so hyped up about that, but i think i'd still prefer the bike.

poke'chu

i dont wont to see sinnoh pokemon

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

i dont want to see them remove the red gyrados..... or the 50/50 chance of breeding shinies, they could make it so only shinies caught in hg/ss could have the 50/50 breeding chance and i dont not want to see the removal of kanto
In Gold and Silver the chance of hatching a shiny was only higher because back then shininess was determined by the Pokemon's IVs, now they are calculated in a different way.

Unless you mean the Odd Egg, which won't be in, due to that being in CRYSTAL.

Feraligatr001

Silver Trainer
I don't wannna see guys from the 4th generation except shellos just cause he's suppossed to look diifferent in region

Status
Not open for further replies.