• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you NOT want to see in HG/SS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
or the 50/50 chance of breeding shinies, they could make it so only shinies caught in hg/ss could have the 50/50 breeding chance

Wouldn't this make the shiny-catching much easier than it already is? If they didn't remove this, the value of shinies would drop tremendously.

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
I thought of something else I don't want.
-Volbeat. Terrible thing. None of him or his wife. D/P was so awesome until I got to the Resort Area and saw him on that route. Staraptor murdered him immediately.

Also..
- No slow surf no matter how nostalgic it is.
- No Whirl Islands without Whirlpools. If you don't want to add a new HM then just have us use strength or something to get around whirl pools.
- No Skateboard cause that sounds lame.
- No not letting us evolve stuff like Piloswine before the national dex.
- No Volbeat.

pokemaster#13

<- looking for one
I do not want to see easy gym leaders i want kind of a challenge

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
I thought of something else I don't want.
-Volbeat. Terrible thing. None of him or his wife. D/P was so awesome until I got to the Resort Area and saw him on that route. Staraptor murdered him immediately.

Also..
- No slow surf no matter how nostalgic it is.
It will be the same as it was in D/P/P.
- No Whirl Islands without Whirlpools. If you don't want to add a new HM then just have us use strength or something to get around whirl pools.
There is no reason to remove Whirlpool. People are just being difficult and stubborn in saying they'd rather have Rock Climb/etc.
- No Skateboard cause that sounds lame. \
Its been confirmed that HGSS = No Skateboard. Its also been confirmed that Skateboard = Pointless :/
- No not letting us evolve stuff like Piloswine before the national dex.
This is a remake of Gen. 2. They will probably do the same thing they did in FR/LG and not have any 3/4G evolutions until post-National Dex. I have no problem with that, and if you do, I apologize.
- No Volbeat.
Geez, I get it. But I hope you realize that its obvious that Volbeat and Illumise will stay in the games no matter how bad they are.

Responses in blood bold

Zalman

Master of Puppets
I don't want a Johto dex without the new (pre)evolutions. I would love to use Weavile on my main play-through team.

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
Responses in blood bold

I kinda figured they will do the FR/LG dex thing again. I just found it stupid. I can live with it.

I realize that Volbeat and Illumise will stay in the games, yes. It'd be stupid to just pretend they didn't exist anymore (even though I wouldn't complain). I'm just saying I don't want them to be wild pokemon. Making them a swarm, pokeradar or trade only is so much better. Terrible little things.

I agree with you on the other stuff.

Jonah Man

Snorlax Trainer
Out with honey trees! They can replace them with anything! I always find a dumb wurmple!:meowthbal and even if you find a heracross or a munchlax,;munchlax; they are like Lv.7 or a low level.

They can put a rock or even a patch of grass! NO MORE HONEY TREES!

Freakshow

Jibaku
Wouldn't this make the shiny-catching much easier than it already is? If they didn't remove this, the value of shinies would drop tremendously.
I don't want to break your bubble but the value of shinies have dropped already, when DPPt allows you to pump shinies every 10 minutes by abusing the Random Number Generator. It's just that not so many people know about it.

Harkett on Surfing Speed said:
It will be the same as it was in D/P/P.
Platinum has faster surfing speed.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
I don't want to break your bubble but the value of shinies have dropped already

I know that. But think if you could churn out shinies even faster with the 50-50 chance of breeding a shiny from a shiny: it would really overwhelm those that don't plan on getting HeartGold or SoulSilver.

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
I don't want a Johto dex without the new (pre)evolutions. I would love to use Weavile on my main play-through team.
You couldn't even obtain a Sneasel before Mt. silver anyway.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I know that. But think if you could churn out shinies even faster with the 50-50 chance of breeding a shiny from a shiny: it would really overwhelm those that don't plan on getting HeartGold or SoulSilver.

It would also severly ruin the novelty of running into a pokemon with a 1/8192 chance of being shiny.

Those shiny chainers that can catch +10 shinies from one chain are also ruining the novelty of shinies.

Murra Myrrh

First 5th Gen Shiny!
It would also severly ruin the novelty of running into a pokemon with a 1/8192 chance of being shiny.

The 50/50 thing wouldn't be as fun. As much as I love shinies, I like the fact luck plays a really big factor...even though my luck isn't that great lol.

I would hate for HG/SS to be exactly like the old games. As much as I love them, some of the systems were...broken. I doubt that it will the identical, but still I worry.
I also don't want to see 'high level areas' only being about level 40, and I don't want only one area where I can train my soon-to-be-lvl100's. I'm sure a lot of you know the feeling.
I don't want to see the same awfull script of the older games. DPPt's script still isn't mind boggaling, but at least I can stay awake...mostly.
And maybe the most important thing to me, I don't want them to get rid of the apricorns things, to make the costom pokeballs. I know, I know, it doesn't make any sense and it doesn't matter because they basically have new names and are in DPPt, but I liked the way they looked. I'm a detail freak, and I don't use pokeballs that I don't like. You have to see them EVERY TIME you send that pokemon out, so I want it to look good. Yeah, OCD, sorry.

DarkZBoy

POKEMON
- I don't want to see a Feraligator following me. o_O

Faerie

MONS
I don't want to see the same boring Kanto we saw in GSC. I want them to keep the Kanto post-game access, but there need to be more events there. It felt exactly like wandering around in RBY after beating the game, except that you could battle the gym leaders. As I recall, the only real event was meeting Green (/Blue) in Cinnabar.

Also, I want them to sack the music for the Dragon's Den. That music sucked.

skillwise

Paul's fan
lol the 50/50 shinies could be made to not be able to be traded over wifi? cuase lots of people want shinies but are unable to get becuase of others high prices.

Responses in blood bold

D/P had slow Surf while Platinum had it faster. It can't be "the same as D/P/P". FRLG's bike was slower than a Mach Bike, so it's possible the surf speed will be as the original games'.

You have a 100% chance on DPPt already, depending on how you look at it...

You couldn't even obtain a Sneasel before Mt. silver anyway.

You could in Crystal, at least.

Those shiny chainers that can catch +10 shinies from one chain are also ruining the novelty of shinies.

So?

lol the 50/50 shinies could be made to not be able to be traded over wifi? cuase lots of people want shinies but are unable to get becuase of others high prices.

Lol, wi-fi economy. And of course they'll be tradeable. Now what, you don't want the Red Gyarados to be catchable so it doesn't lose value? :/

If people want shinies, they can RNG abuse. That's what I do so I know any shiny I have isn't hacked (like that lol Celebi I had, I was so naive).

himtay

-Honey trees
-Single-type teams in the E4
-Weak E4 (first time should be lvl 65-75, second time should be lvl 85-95)
-Weak Kanto gyms (should range from lvl 60 -80)

DarkZBoy

POKEMON
-Honey trees
-Single-type teams in the E4
-Weak E4 (first time should be lvl 65-75, second time should be lvl 85-95)
-Weak Kanto gyms (should range from lvl 60 -80)

85-95 E4!?

That would be a challenge, but in order to get the E4 to level 65-75, there would have to be ALOT of trainers and I mean alot of training, maybe instead of Johto, go straight to Kanto, get the badges, then move onto the league.

Think about it, not even Red (Satoshi) in MT.Silver was 95. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.