• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you NOT want to see in HG/SS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxim

Beyond repair
I also dont want to see Kanto thats been watered down; full Kanto please!

I think addition of Safari Zone, opening all Radio Tower floors to public and some minor additions to GSC Kanto will be enough to call HGSS's Kanto "full".

Unless your definition of "full" is "pointlessly containing Cinnabar and full of pointless caves which don't have any purpose anymore".

Apricorn balls replaced by DP balls
Low levels(Red should have at least one level 90+)
any third of forth gen pokemon(intill after you beat the E4)
CONTEST!!! (they are stupid and boring)
Honey trees (I dont want to wait 6 hours for my pokemon)
No Kanto (it was the best part)

ap13095

Noobslayer
Apricorn Balls aren't in the DP coding, so they'll have to use the new balls or scrap Kurt entirely.

D*N

Musical Star
I also don't want:
- low levels
- gym pokemon that are poor, like medapot ( he can't move(A))
- honey trees are just stupid
- team rocket which their stupid plan ( do they have any plans???)
i mean team magma and aqua have good plans( good bad plans)
-yohto pokemon in Kanto, that don't be catchbull in yohto self ( english is not my first langue or something so there will be many mistakes (A)

i want to see:
- more Kanto and more story in Kanto
- contest! it would be great...
- also more contest in story
- a nice new form pokemon, like a yellow shellos or something..
-event pokemon in game, also more legends we only have ho-oh or lugia one of them early and one of them late, and the dogs/cats whatever.....but they are difficult to catch since they run away.
maybe a shaymin,jirachi,manaphy or celebi.....would be nice

Zalman

Master of Puppets
The thing I am mostly looking forward to in HeartGold & SoulSilver isn't actually Johto, but rather Kanto. Therefore, I would like a full version of it. I was disappointed when the real Cinnabar Island wasn't there and the fact that they removed the Safari Zone.

Really, I can't wait to see Kanto in 4th generation style. It's gonna be so awesome - oh, and Johto too, of course.

Tyrant Tar

Apricorn Balls aren't in the DP coding, so they'll have to use the new balls or scrap Kurt entirely.

Neither Apricorn Balls nor the actual Apricorns are in the coding. I wonder what they'll do with Kurt. Hopefully he'll at least make the special Poke Balls or even the seals.

crobatman

Only one catchable Sudowoodo.

Kenya the Spearow stuck on my team.

Andcetera

Crude mother fxxker
I dont want to see a easy Kanto area, I mean seriously, it was cool i thought. But to frikken easy.

Akarin

Sgt. Fgt.
Neither Apricorn Balls nor the actual Apricorns are in the coding. I wonder what they'll do with Kurt. Hopefully he'll at least make the special Poke Balls or even the seals.

Oh man. I looooved seals so much. I hope they'll keep them in. They're so much fun!

I hope they...

~Have a Celebi event (at least in the Japanese version)
~Have both legends in both versions

I hope they don't...

Scrap Kanto.

Grei

not the color
I don't want to have no Skateboard (double negative=positive/Iwantit).

Honestly, I'd have tons of fun if there was a Skateboard. And, look: Honey Trees were scrapped in Generation 2, but were used in Generation 4. The Skateboard was scrapped in the original G/S/C; it's not impossible that it may later be used!!

(Though I doubt it will be...>>)

M4zz

Banned
~Low level trainers
~DP pokeballs
~Worse plot for team rocket(The one they had was weak, but not bad)
~Headbutt trees replaced with honey trees
~Too many kanto pokemon
~Not being able to battle Red
~Better TMs

Ammako

What I don't want to see:

- Wild Pokémon locations changed.
- Gym leaders's Pokémon changed.
- Kanto removed.
- Ho-oh/Lugia made version exclusives.
- Trainer's Pokémon's level changes.
- Apicorns removed (They could just make them untradeable to D/P/P)

That's all about it. I'm looking forward a REMAKE, not a complete reedition.

Also, I don't see why only one catchable Sudowoodo is bad, you could just breed for another... Bred Pokémon have more chance to have better IV's, too, since parents pass off IV's.

kavot

Like a lot of other people, i hope they make the games more challenging than the originals. Also no honey trees. :U

FlameMaster4895

luvin teh monkey!!!!
Low level pokemon (gyms and in the wild)
The evolution stones in Kanto, they should be available before E4
Sucky TMs; I did enjoy the elemental punches though =)
Johto pokemon in Kanto ie Hundour, Misdreavus
I also want pokemon like Phanpy to be available earlier in the game to have more variety in your team,

FlameMaster4895

luvin teh monkey!!!!
Low level pokemon (gyms and in the wild)
The evolution stones in Kanto, they should be available before E4
Sucky TMs; I did enjoy the elemental punches though =)
Johto pokemon in Kanto ie Hundour, Misdreavus
I also want pokemon like Phanpy to be available earlier in the game to have more variety in your team,

Christopha

I don't want to see ANYTHING changed except for the levels on gym leaders and the elite four.

Other than that, I was some references to the other games, sevii islands added in, a couple of good Pokemon accessible earlier in the game, and EVERYTHING else the EXACT same.

Why change the best games of the series?

Grei

not the color
I don't want to see ANYTHING changed except for the levels on gym leaders and the elite four.

Other than that, I was some references to the other games, sevii islands added in, a couple of good Pokemon accessible earlier in the game, and EVERYTHING else the EXACT same.

Why change the best games of the series?

They aren't going to keep everything EXACTLY THE SAME, save for levels and Pokemon accessibility. We're getting a remake, not a transfer of the same game onto a new system. Keeping everything the same would be boring, and it would no longer be "the best game of the series".

That, and the Sevii Islands won't be in HG/SS. There's not much chance that they'll be from the Kanto side, and they won't randomly add in a Sevii Island chain in Johto.

I don't want to keep the same Pokemon in Johto. People keep talking about how too many Kanto Pokemon are in Johto, and too many Johto Pokemon are in Kanto. First of all, the regions are linked; therefore, Pokemon will mingle. Secondly, if you're going to change the locations and availability of Pokemon in HG/SS, there's no reason not to involve evolutions of those introduced in the Second Generation.

There's no real reason to keep a Yanma from evolving in Johto, since the evolution isn't area-based. The same goes for Piloswine into Mamoswine. The only reason those Pokemon weren't in G/S/C was because they hadn't been made yet discovered yet . Now that they've been drawn and created discovered, they can be a part of the region.

After all, if it's basic form is native to the region, why wouldn't it's evolution be?

The Griseous Orb wasn't in the DP programming, but it is in Platinum. I haven't tested what would happen if I tried to trade it from Platinum to DP, and I am afraid of what might happen because I imagine it would delete the orb. If you know what the case is there, a) tell me, and b) congratulations, you have figured out exactly how they can evade such a programming issue. After all, how can they make a new set of pokemon games without introducing any items at all?
Then again, in GSC they wouldn't let you trade anything that wasn't programmed into RBY to RBY when using the time machine, so they could also use that as their excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.