• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you NOT want to see in HG/SS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genesis Gackt

G-Proyect
well, i don't want a poor plot. We need something new, something important if Nintendo want our money. No low levels, no DP Balls, no plague of sentret and pidgeys...etc etc.

I wanna see a battle frontier in Johto...travel to Kanto or some Islands...(like Sevii Islands in FR-LG versions)

I think that was partly due to the fact that G/S/C took place 3 years after R/B/G/Y. The land of Kanto changed over those 3 years. And to me, G/S/C Kanto doesn't look much smaller, unless you count insides of buildings too.

Anyway, In HG/SS, I hope they let you get both Lugia and Ho-Oh like you could in the originals, and the bug Catching contest. It was an Easy way to get Scyther, and other rare bugs.

Sure, the land of Kanto should changed, but Kanto itself shouldn't shrink. Especially when every single area has shrunk. :/

m190049

Local psychopath
Not the same sprites DPP use for Lugia and Ho-oh and the all the other Jotho pokemon.
We know the Johto Starts have new sprites...

So it's safe to assume, that at minimum, all Pokemon introduced in Gen II will have new sprites, in addition to all 1st gen evolutions or pre-evos also included in the dex. Whether other 1st gen Pokemon (that are in the Pokedex... Which is all of them) will get new sprites isn't 100%, though most likely, to the point that it's doubtful they won't...

Though if any Gen III or IV Pokemon gain new sprites is remained to be seen... Fr/Lg infers no, but, eh. Who says it'll be the same as Fr/Lg? If anything, I predict just evos/pre evos of Gen II Pokemon, and possibly a select few...

FireHead Hank

Matt Fanboy
I hope Kanto isnt as boring as it was in G/S/C...I hope they dont close the Safari Zone and make it more interesting in general.

Genis94

Eeveevolution Maniac
I don't want to see low leveled pokemon, or an overload of 3rd/4th gen pokemon. I also don't want to see crappy pokemon in the Johto region. I would like a Pichu egg instead of togepi to... Just to throw that out there.

Mawile412

Problem
Low levels. People say this game is o easy, but if you try doing it with a team of 6 pokemon it's really hard! :(

Gelu

Low levels, call feature, and the Whirlpool HM.
They don't appeal to me as much now as they did in the old games.

Fire Storm

Mainly Contests and Honey Trees. but also too many 3rd and 4th gens or *only* starters following you. I'd prefer all or none.

Redcyndaquil

Fire Pokemon Trainer
I personally want to see higher levels, and my typhlosion loyally following.;155; ;156; ;157;

Eaglehawk

Banned
They should make Lugia and Ho-oh a little more higher leveled.

And don't remeind me of the bug catching contest. It was a total waste of time for me.

And DEFINITELY no contiguous regions. I just really hated that. Plus, there was basically no plot in the original Gold and Silver. I mean, you would expect Team Rocket to do something to Ho-oh or Lugia, but you really have to activate them, without no plot to aid it. ex. Cyrus and Dialga, Archie and Kyogre, etc.

Plus the Whirlpool HM, please no.

Oh, and replace those bug-catching contests with a decent Safari zone, pleaseeeeeeee....

MewtwosAdvocate

The Last Supram
no way, Bug Catching was awesome! Pinsir and Scythers with only 2 badges? freaking cool. But I do think that the Safari Zone should be opened this time around.

Genis94

Eeveevolution Maniac
Well, I've always been a Raichu fan =) plus we got a Togepi egg in Platinum. Also, I agree with MewtwosAdvocate about the bug contest. I alsways loved those =). The safari zone will be open, in theory, because the game card will have much more room than before. Hopefully, that also means Mewtwo will be accessable... ANYWAY, back on topic... I thought about it some more, and I don't want to alot of Japan only events that have to do with the games. I would really enjoy getting that Pikachu-colored Pichu...

Bardische

Elegance.
Please, all I ask is not to include the Honey Trees. It would make it more boring, especially the fact is it would be harder to get Heracross...

Plus, not replacing the Apricorn balls with DP Pokeballs. Please don't do that. Seriously :)

PokéGamer

Only Honour Will Win
One Thing I Don't Want To See...

Is The Same Old Battle Structure... They Need To Experiment With The Battle Screens And Animations Alot More... Considering It's On A Powerfull Handheld Like The DS...

DP Balls

Headbutting Replaced With Honey Trees...

kemal07

I really want to know why so many people are wishing for a Johto Battle Frontier. We already have a complete new battle frontier in Platinum?

Status
Not open for further replies.