• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you NOT want to see in HG/SS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kill and run

ShinyHunting Veteran
i as a shiny hunter dont want to see the red gyrados if its still going to be in the game, cuz i dont see that as a shiny hunted lol but ppl are all different

Roknar

But it's better than drinking alone
i as a shiny hunter dont want to see the red gyrados if its still going to be in the game, cuz i dont see that as a shiny hunted lol but ppl are all different

I disagree, that was an important part in G/S imo. But as you said, people are different.

mockingjay

swift and lol
Red Gyrados is the main reason some people are playing the game, and it plays an important role in the main storyline of the games. Meaning it will not be removed.

Rurik

Lucario Legionnaire
Not as annoying as characters saying things like; "If you don't have a single gym badge people treat you like you're a total noob." I STILL want to inflict massive physical pain on whoever decided to include that in the script for Diamond and Pearl.

Rurik

Lucario Legionnaire
Well, in fairness it was two in one day, that has to kind of suck.

mockingjay

swift and lol
Not as annoying as characters saying things like; "If you don't have a single gym badge people treat you like you're a total noob." I STILL want to inflict massive physical pain on whoever decided to include that in the script for Diamond and Pearl.

Yeah, that was the lamest thing they probably put in the games. They're better off with no slang words at all, they'll fail again. But was 'noob' in the Japanese version, or was it just put in the English versions of the game?

Last edited:

SoulHeart

Lol the worst they could put into the game is "lol" now that's just lazy...yet it would be funny to see how you guys would react to this.Honestly you guys are a bit over-reacting.

Chaos Rush

Yeah, that was the lamest thing they probably put in the games. They're better off with no slang words at all, they'll fail again. But was 'noob' in the Japanese version, or was it just put in the English versions of the game?
Only in the English version, since one of the translators was some internet-nerd like all of us. The slang words were [mostly] removed in Platinum. Another one was removed was that in D/P, a Galactic Grunt said, "Hand over your research papers or else we'll have to do massive damage to your assistant." In Platinum, that Grunt instead says something completely different.

What's just as worse as putting "lol" into the game is roflmao...actually, in D/P/Pt, when you're being interviewed/writing mail/something similar, "LOL" and "ROFL" are one of the word choices. Also "LOL" is available in R/S/FR/LG/E. Too bad that 3rd Gen made it so that you could no longer say anything you want in your mail.

Rurik

Lucario Legionnaire
Lol the worst they could put into the game is "lol" now that's just lazy...yet it would be funny to see how you guys would react to this.Honestly you guys are a bit over-reacting.

Ohhh no I'm not. Chat speak is the worst thing to EVER happen to the English language. Yes, even worse than rednecks and ebonics. Chat speak, and by extension 1337 speak as well, should be punishable by having your keyboard and mouse melted, your hard drive dipped in sulfuric acid, your mother board blown up, every bone in your hands ground into a powder finer than powdered sugar. And for the people who actually SAY things like "lol," out loud, not just typing them, but actually SPEAKING chat speak, their vocal chords surgically removed.

Elrade

Snarky snark snark.
I want higher levels and none of those lousy honey trees. I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate honey trees and their incredibly low odds of finding a Munchlax.

Sarracenia

Pokémagpie Zog
Nob Ogasawara's script was great!
The chatspeak is there for comedic effect, by the way. It's not meant to be serious. =P

Maetch

I don't want to see:

*The Unknown Dungeon - Every game has its own unique highest-level area. To me, the Cave needs to stay in FR/LG because that was the highest-level area for those games. In G/S/C, the highest-level area is Mt. Silver, and that's how it needs to stay in HG/SS. Recycling the Cave would just be a cop-out, even if they did have the memory space for it.

*Cinnibar Town - I liked G/S/C because it had a feeling of progression, such as the volcano erupting and roasting Cinnibar. Besides, Cinnibar's destruction also ties into you fighting Blue (remember his little speech?) Perhaps they could have a cave passage taking you down to the excavated town instead ala Pompeii

Last edited:

Rurik

Lucario Legionnaire
If Feebas is going to be in the game, don't make them only appear on certain tiles.

GamerSonic

I definently don't want to see low levels thats what I hated about the originals. And the Red Gyarados part of the story should stay it was important to the storyline and that's what made Lance come to Mahogany Town.

Status
Not open for further replies.