• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you NOT want to see in HG/SS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rurik

Lucario Legionnaire
You're right, it's my problem, and precisely why I don't want to see the American releases named Heart Gold and Sould Silver, I don't care if every other single person on the entire wretched planet loves the names, I do not, have not, and will not ever like them. And this thread is about what we do not want to see in the games, this is one of the things that I most certainly do not want to see.

You're right, it's my problem, and precisely why I don't want to see the American releases named Heart Gold and Sould Silver, I don't care if every other single person on the entire wretched planet loves the names, I do not, have not, and will not ever like them. And this thread is about what we do not want to see in the games, this is one of the things that I most certainly do not want to see.

I get your point... but it's a stupid thing to get all riled up about. I don't want to get into yet another long discussion with you, so let's just move on and forget about the name already. No matter what you say, you can't change what the names of the games will be in English, so you might as well get used to it.

Rurik

Lucario Legionnaire
It may well be a stupid thing to get riled up about, but most things are when you get right down to it, money, land, oil, all incredibly stupid things to get riled up over, but people still go to war for them. And you're right, I can't change the names. But I can, and certainly will, raise some Cain for Nintendo if they're released with such terrible names. Raising Cain is a family specialty, and one that I excel at.

Meowth Man-27

Meowth Trainer
I don't want to see a lack of references.

I assume RSE and DPPt are in the same time right? because Jasmine goes to sinnoh idk if thats before or after though but who cares.

I mainly want Hoen references, Steven was pretty cool in my book, even though he was a one type steel trainer(He had the fossils though) He was a cool dude. Blue/ Gary or even Red should help you and then go hiding in a cave like Steven did. Red hides in a cave, but randomly does, most ppl don't expect a random Person capable of owning you on your first trip through mt silver. So having him appear from time to time would be cool.

And since that area to the far west is called the Golden Forest, probably to go with gold since silver got red and a mountain, an equally strong trainer/ area should go there

Rurik

Lucario Legionnaire
It's kind of hard to tell really, we know that red and blue took place three years prior to Silver and Gold. If we assume that the generations that the remakes are released in are set at the same time as them, then Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald take place alongside Fire Red and Leaf Green, while Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum take place three years later, alongside the Silver and Gold remakes, which would kind of make sense, since the Poketch and Pokegear are both far more advanced than the Pokenav was, and we may see some references to the Poketch company as being their competitors or some such.

Just a thought, maybe they could take advantage of the DS' GBA slot and allow you to actually fight your own Fire Red or Leaf Green trainer at Mt. Silver, instead of just the generic Red. Could prove to be a nice challenge actually.

Last edited:
It may well be a stupid thing to get riled up about, but most things are when you get right down to it, money, land, oil, all incredibly stupid things to get riled up over, but people still go to war for them. And you're right, I can't change the names. But I can, and certainly will, raise some Cain for Nintendo if they're released with such terrible names. Raising Cain is a family specialty, and one that I excel at.

Just out of curiosity, what would you do? Send an angry e-mail or something? Boycott the games?

I mean, all this for a name?

I assume RSE and DPPt are in the same time right? because Jasmine goes to sinnoh idk if thats before or after though but who cares.

R/B/G/Y/FR/LG/R/S/E take place at the same time.
G/S/C/D/P/Pt/HG/SS take place three years later.

Just a thought, maybe they could take advantage of the DS' GBA slot and allow you to actually fight your own Fire Red or Leaf Green trainer at Mt. Silver, instead of just the generic Red. Could prove to be a nice challenge actually.

The idea has already been thought of. Personally, I dislike it, because you could just fill his team up with Magikarp or something.

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert

R/B/Y/R/S/E take place at the same time.

G/S/C/D/P/Pt are a couple years later.

Rurik

Lucario Legionnaire
Angry e-mails, angry phone calls, one person boycotting is pointless, so I wouldn't bother with that, but venting can sure make you feel a heck of a lot better. And sure, the GBA slot could let you fill the team with Magikarp, and frankly, I say if the person wants to do so, let them, same way I feel about cheating devices. As long as it doesn't affect anyone else's playing experience, I don't care. Myself however, I'd love the chance to try playing against my own classic team.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
Myself however, I'd love the chance to try playing against my own classic team.

I think this is a great idea! That way you can battle Red, Leaf, Brendan or May however you want knowing you wrote history! I would love to battle my Blastoise, Arcanine, Dragonaire, and Mewtwo. To me, this would be battling Red. My classic team are all level 100's, so should you gain experience from this?

i do NOT want to see any of the new legendaries, like kyogre/groudon/rayquaza, dialga/palkia/giratina, ect. because i don't see how they'd tie in with the story...

I completely agree. I don't want to see any other legendaries in the games now...the only ones they could put in that haven't been covered are the Latis and Mewtwo. And they need to stop using the excuse of needing all the legendaries in one generation, considering Celebi is still so damn rare. Well, there's the exception. I wouldn't mind a Celebi. Little time-traveling garlic clove.

And sure, the GBA slot could let you fill the team with Magikarp, and frankly, I say if the person wants to do so, let them, same way I feel about cheating devices. As long as it doesn't affect anyone else's playing experience, I don't care. Myself however, I'd love the chance to try playing against my own classic team.

It's not that I dislike the idea, but I still think it wouldn't be appropriate for what is the true final battle of the game, if you could just essentially cheat you way out of. Maybe this idea could be implemented into the Trainer House of Viridian?

I completely agree. I don't want to see any other legendaries in the games now...the only ones they could put in that haven't been covered are the Latis and Mewtwo. And they need to stop using the excuse of needing all the legendaries in one generation, considering Celebi is still so damn rare. Well, there's the exception. I wouldn't mind a Celebi. Little time-traveling garlic clove.

Excuse? They are simply trying to make it easier to obtain all the Pokemon, which in my eyes, is a good thing.

Besides, Celebi will almost definitely be a Wi-Fi event, akin Darkrai and Shaymin. So that would fix the problem of it being too rare.

Rurik

Lucario Legionnaire
Ah, that's another thing I don't want to see. I don't want to see Celebi, or any other legends they include, being obtainable ONLY by going to a live event to get, and items that unlock the legends, that never get distributed outside of Japan. They have the capability, they did it with the Rotom key, use the WiFi to distribute things like the Azure Flute, Oak's Letter, etc.

That could work, I just know I'd like the idea of being able to battle my old teams. I personally would prefer it to be in the form of Red, and since they're adding this, Gold Forest I believe, someone mentioned, they could put Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald there, and allow you to use your team from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, and have default teams for both trainers. One way you could try to prevent people from cheating would be to require them to be at a certain level or higher, like say level 80. Figure it would take a pretty decent amount of effort to train six level 80 or higher Magikarp without the use of a cheat device, and if they use cheat devices, chances are good they'd just use it to cheat the final battles anyway.

Last edited:

Tadashi

kiss my greens
I DO NOT WANT THE POKÉRADAR IN MY GS REMAKES. It wasn't around back then, and shouldn't be now.

I hate it. The end.

Rurik

Lucario Legionnaire
I really find that logic to be absurd. If you're going to say; "___ shouldn't be included because it wasn't in the original!" Remember that would also apply to, WiFi capabilities, the ability to display more than 56 colours on the screen at the same time, 3D graphics, touch screen capabilities, an item finder that's actually useful like we have in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, a much faster bike like we have in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, natures, abilities, more than 50 TM's, move tutors, the ability to obtain any Pokemon that wasn't in the original 251 Pokemon, not even by trade, the ability to learn any move that wasn't in the originals, the ability to run while pressing B, compartmental backpacks, and female characters. Now, let me ask you two questions, do you really want to see all these improvements left out? And if you only want features that were in the originals and nothing else, then why don't you just go and play the originals instead?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I DO NOT WANT THE POKÉRADAR IN MY GS REMAKES. It wasn't around back then, and shouldn't be now.

I hate it. The end.

Then don't use it. Even if you have it does not mean you have to use it. At no point in the game are you ever forced into use the PokeRadar.

Rurik also makes an excellent point.

No matter what they say, they still include stuff which they thought was useful, like you couldn't bring the PokeNav into another region, so they invented the VS Seeker, so you could rematch different trainers.

Likewise, good features from D/P/Pt will be carried other, most likely will be the GTS, Wi-fi and the battle frontier.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
I just find it funny that they've used Jirachi to replace Celebi here in the U.S. releases twice; in Colloseum, and now Jirachi is the first Wi-Fi event in HG/SS when Johto isn't even its region. We'll probably get a Celebi event after this. But why does a Pokemon that only wakes up for a week every thousand years see more activity than Celebi?

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
I wouldn't mind seeing the pokeradar. Ruirik does make an excellent point. I'd rather see a Gold and Silver remake that will actually be fun.

Escape Reality

Daydreamer
I wouldn't mind seeing the pokeradar. Ruirik does make an excellent point. I'd rather see a Gold and Silver remake that will actually be fun.

i like the pokerader, personally. and i agree with what was said here, ^.
if the remake was exactly the same as the old GS but with better graphics, ect., but no wifi... ugh. i don't see it being as fun as it could be.

Meowth Man-27

Meowth Trainer
The Pokeradar was a fun addition to the game. I hated the underground though, it was so boring, and in order to go to someplaces you had to go up and back down in a different places, I hope Ruby/Saphires bases come back, I don't really care that I can play capture the flag with my friens in a boring maze of dirt. The other ones really showed your style rocky grassy etc. They were fun.

Also since it is a remake, and FR + LG had them, HG + SS should get those fun minigames, like jumprope and berry picking. Maybe even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.