• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you NOT want to see in HG/SS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

superdonut

GaGa Ooh Lala
...There wont be any 3rd or 4th gen pokemon pre-Nat dex. Including evolutions. Pretty much confirmed.

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
I;m not saying I don't want her to have non Johto and Kanto pokemon. But more than likely only the first 250 will be in the game.

Rurik

Lucario Legionnaire
No, it's confirmed that the original 251 will retain their order, that doesn't mean anything about what will or won't be available and when. And there's a difference between being available to the player, and being available to a gym leader. Give me one logical reason why Jasmine shouldn't have a Magnezone, despite having been to Sinnoh, where she could easily, and in all probability would swing over to Mount Coronet and evolve her Magneton.

It doesn't make any sense for gym leaders to have Pokemon that we can't have access to...o.o They have to follow the dex rules, just like us.

Plus, Sinnoh and Hoenn Pokemon shouldn't even be in their rosters before rematches. :/ The second generation deserves its chance to show off, something it didn't get to do the first time around.

superdonut

GaGa Ooh Lala
It doesn't make any sense for gym leaders to have Pokemon that we can't have access to...o.o They have to follow the dex rules, just like us.

Plus, Sinnoh and Hoenn Pokemon shouldn't even be in their rosters before rematches. :/ The second generation deserves its chance to show off, something it didn't get to do the first time around.

Exactly.
I think those are reason enough.

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
It really doesn't matter. With all gyms you need one or two types to beat them. Having Scizor, Skarmory, Steelix, Foretress, and Magneton will not be a bad gym.
You'd need Fire and Electric to beat them. Making it a Magnezone won't help her team any more or less. Except possibly defense wise but all Steel types normally have good defense.

Yeah Johto is the region a lot of people overlook. It's 100 pokemon deserve their chance to be shown. Not more Sinnoh and Hoenn pokemon they had their chances.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rurik

Lucario Legionnaire

You're completely ignoring the fact that Jasmine has been to Sinnoh. You expect me to believe that if you were a gym leader, you'd choose not to evolve your Magneton while you were visiting Sinnoh, just because Magnezone isn't native to where you came from? It makes far less sense for a trainer to choose not to capture or evolve any Pokemon while they're visiting another region simply because they don't have them where they came from, than it does for them to have Pokemon not found in their home region.

Half the gym leaders in Johto didn't even use that many Johto Pokemon anyway, they used Kanto Pokemon, heck Magneton is a Kanto Pokemon, Steelix and Scizor are both just evolutions of Kanto Pokemon, the only two steel types in Johto that are truly native to Johto are Forretress, and Skarmory.

Last edited:

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
Maybe she was on vacation and didn't want to catch or level up her pokemon. Cause if I was her I'd want to relax. (Wow that just was weird).

Anyway it doesn't matter. Sure she could have a Magnezone its possible but it is more likely to go the way FR and LG did and have no pokemon level up until after you attain the national dex.

You're completely ignoring the fact that Jasmine has been to Sinnoh. You expect me to believe that if you were a gym leader, you'd choose not to evolve your Magneton while you were visiting Sinnoh, just because Magnezone isn't native to where you came from? It makes far less sense for a trainer to choose not to capture or evolve any Pokemon while they're visiting another region simply because they don't have them where they came from, than it does for them to have Pokemon not found in their home region.

Half the gym leaders in Johto didn't even use that many Johto Pokemon anyway, they used Kanto Pokemon, heck Magneton is a Kanto Pokemon, Steelix and Scizor are both just evolutions of Kanto Pokemon, the only two steel types in Johto that are truly native to Johto are Forretress, and Skarmory.
I don't care where Jasmine was, she could have been on Mars for all I care. The point is, if a Pokemon is not in the regional dex, then the gym leaders aren't going to use those Pokemon the first time around. Jasmine can have a Magnezone, but it wouldn't happen until after we beat the Elite 4, when the National Dex can become available and so can gym leader rematches.

Alloute

Not Banned
I don't care where Jasmine was, she could have been on Mars for all I care. The point is, if a Pokemon is not in the regional dex, then the gym leaders aren't going to use those Pokemon the first time around. Jasmine can have a Magnezone, but it wouldn't happen until after we beat the Elite 4, when the National Dex can become available and so can gym leader rematches.

Carlisle makes a valid point.

I do not want to see:

-Honey trees because that is a Sinnoh feature
-Battle Frontier because we just had one in Platinum
-Kanto because it was bad in GSC and it will be bad now.

Grei

not the color

Quite honestly, I wouldn't mind it if Jasmine decided to *leave* after you challenge her, and after beating all of Kanto's Gym Leaders (and probably fighting the Elite Four a second time), she returns, and her Magneton has become a Magnezone.

I see nothing wrong with something like that happening, since we see Jasmine in Sunyshore in DPPt, a while after the beginning of the game, which supposedly happens the same time as the Red Gyarados event. She'd have plenty of time to fight in her Gym, leave, and come back before you could re-battle her.

Now! What I DON'T want to see is Lvl. 3 Rattata's and Mankey's as soon as you reach Kanto. Raise the levels up! GameFreak has shown disregard for levels in the past--you can find Bibarel and Staravia at levels below what should be possible in DPPt, and you fight (IIRC) a level 20-something Rapidash just north of Solaceon in Platinum. There are other examples, too (I wanna say a Gym leader has a Pokemon that is of a lower level than possible, too...>_>).

Therefore, I see nothing wrong with Rattata and Mankey (and such) being in the 20's when you finally reach Kanto.

EDIT: Alloute, get over yourself. Kanto will NOT be a waste of space (there's plenty of room on the DS Cartridge, look at Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days for crying out loud...). Yes, Kanto was a gym-battle rush in GSC, but consider the space on a Gameboy Color Cartridge and compare it to a DS Cartridge. See any differences?

Kanto in GSC was fairly unpolished, but there's no reason why GameFreak cannot add to it. I'm willing to bet that Kanto will have much more of a plot in HeartGold and SoulSilver, so saying that Kanto shouldn't be in the games because it was bad in GSC is simply idiotic.

You know what? Bugsy was the worst Gym Leader in Johto. There were way too many Kanto Pokemon in Johto. The National Park was much too small.

Is GameFreak simply not going to change or add to these weak points in GSC, or will they reproduce the same game with all of it's flaws?
Hell, I could say that the graphics were bland in GSC, much like Kanto. Does that mean that they should remove the graphics?

Sound ridiculous? Yes. Is what you're suggesting ridiculous? Hell yes.

Last edited:
Carlisle makes a valid point.

I do not want to see:

-Honey trees because that is a Sinnoh feature
-Battle Frontier because we just had one in Platinum
-Kanto because it was bad in GSC and it will be bad now.
- Agreed, Honey Trees shouldn't be here. I want Headbutt trees.
- I doubt a Battle Frontier will be in it, judging by the Johto map and how much the cloud near Olivine covers, we're likely to only get a Battle Tower.
- I don't think Kanto will be bad this time around. The only reason it, as well as Johto in general sucked in GSC was because there was not enough memory space, so they had to shrink everything. This time around, a LOT of data can be held, so I believe Kanto will also receive a big upgrade.

Rurik

Lucario Legionnaire
I think the reasoning for the levels in Kanto in the originals was to try to keep Kanto like it was in the original, as far as the levels anyway. I mean, imagine being a new trainer fresh out of Palette Town, heading north, and being attacked by a wild, level 42 Raticate. Sure, they're too easy for the Johto League champion who just came over to Kanto, but the locals would all be stuck in their homes, living in fear of the insanely powerful Pokemon outside.

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
But isn't tat the same logic with Blakthorne residents too? What if they aren't as skilled they couldn't handle a level 42 Raticate. But for the sake of its just a game. We should bump up the leves to suit the Johto champions needs. We don't need to go into all this sepculation about things that we needn't talk about.

aykay

PKMN toughguy
pre national dex restrictions...as in, unable to trade over pokemon from games not in the johto dex. that would be miserable.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
make the elite 4 harder. I remember it being reallllly easy in crystal and silver.
no dp balls.
go easy on the sinnoh pokemon, at least until you beat the game.
a new plot, not just a remake of the old GS.

Well the D/P PokeBalls will be in for sure. Because you will be able to connect the two games.

There will be no new plot. You said it yourself, remake. This is a remake and therefore will be the same plot again. Maybe with some additions.

-The same old plot that always fails with Team Rocket. (Like on the anime)
-Easy E4. I like challenges, so I want the E4 to be harder to beat.
-Too many trainers. When your in a cave and can't go back, the trainers can sometimes knock out all of your pokemon and get teleported to the FARTHEST POKECENTER POSSIBLE. (Not really, it just gets annoying.)

Status
Not open for further replies.