• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you NOT want to see in HG/SS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
I really would like to have the levels of pretty much everything in Kanto bumped up. I'd also like them to expand on it, too...does anybody remember their half assed attempt at Viridian Forest? I don't even think you run into wild Pokemon there!

I WANT the Safari Zone in the game. Please. :( I do NOT want to see the game say "Oh, it's closed".

I would not like to see Entei, Suicune, and Raikou as runners. Make them stationary, please. Of course, that won't happen, but still, a guy can dream.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Too many trainers. When your in a cave and can't go back, the trainers can sometimes knock out all of your pokemon and get teleported to the FARTHEST POKECENTER POSSIBLE. (Not really, it just gets annoying.)

I've never had that problem... Ever o_O

There weren't any really long caves. And if you have that problem buy Revives and Potions... o_O

I really would like to have the levels of pretty much everything in Kanto bumped up. I'd also like them to expand on it, too...does anybody remember their half assed attempt at Viridian Forest? I don't even think you run into wild Pokemon there!

I'm pretty sure Viridian Forest wasn't even there xD Missing areas is definitely something I do not want.

Rurik

Lucario Legionnaire
I think Viridian Forest was there, but it wasn't an area, it was just a small maze of trees with no grass between the two cities, might as well have not been there for all it was worth.

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
I would not like to see Entei, Suicune, and Raikou as runners. Make them stationary, please. Of course, that won't happen, but still, a guy can dream.

It would be much less of a challenge then. It's fun catching them that way.

Rurik

Lucario Legionnaire
Something I don't think has been mentioned, a return to the old National Pokedex method, and by that I mean you have to catch every (with the exception of event Pokemon like Deoxys and such) Pokemon in the regional Pokedex, including the ones that require trading to obtain such as Dusknoir. That always annoyed me in the third generation because Nintendo didn't take into account the fact their fan base is largely comprised of nerds who didn't have access to friends with which they could trade. I like the new method where just seeing them counts.

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
I agree with you there. I was sad in Emerald I saw almost every single pokemon and caught 200 just not all hoenn pokemon/ non hoenn's that can be found their.

So no Chicorita/ Cyndaquil/ Totodile for me in GBA games.

Ammako

Something I don't think has been mentioned, a return to the old National Pokedex method, and by that I mean you have to catch every (with the exception of event Pokemon like Deoxys and such) Pokemon in the regional Pokedex, including the ones that require trading to obtain such as Dusknoir. That always annoyed me in the third generation because Nintendo didn't take into account the fact their fan base is largely comprised of nerds who didn't have access to friends with which they could trade. I like the new method where just seeing them counts.

They never made it so you had to catch every Pokémon from the regional dex to get the National Dex. Ever.

R/S: Trade with FR/LG or Emerald that has the national Dex.
FR/LG: Catch 60+ Pokémon and Oak will give it to you after you beat the league.
Emerald: Beat the league.
D/P/Pt: See every Pokémon in the Sinnoh Dex.

Alloute

Not Banned
You don't give up, do you.

It is my freakin' opinion, and you do not have to like it, so please stop flamming me everytime I post :/

-Suicune as a roaming Pokemon, it is hard to find this one in partcular.

-Red as the final rival

-3rd and 4th generation Pokemon, at least not until after the E4

Rurik

Lucario Legionnaire
They never made it so you had to catch every Pokémon from the regional dex to get the National Dex. Ever.

R/S: Trade with FR/LG or Emerald that has the national Dex.
FR/LG: Catch 60+ Pokémon and Oak will give it to you after you beat the league.
Emerald: Beat the league.
D/P/Pt: See every Pokémon in the Sinnoh Dex.

Meh, whatever, either way I want it to stay the way it is in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. I most definitely do not want to see it involve any form of linking.

Grei

not the color
I take it Alloute has whined multiple times over Kanto?

Insistently.

It is my freakin' opinion, and you do not have to like it, so please stop flamming me everytime I post :/

-Suicune as a roaming Pokemon, it is hard to find this one in partcular.

-Red as the final rival

-3rd and 4th generation Pokemon, at least not until after the E4

Thing is, you constantly state that you hate Kanto and say that it probably won't be in HGSS, and you post it everywhere, even though it doesn't even need confirmation (though it technically has confirmation, since the route to Viridian City is on the map we have of Johto).

-Where would Suicune go, then? I don't get how it's hard to find him in particular. Isn't there just as much chance to meet Suicune than there is to meet Raikou and Entei?

-Why wouldn't Red be the final rival? What reason is there to remove him?

-I somewhat agree at this point. I still wish that Pokemon like Togetic, Yanma, Sneasel, Piloswine, and Aipom were able to evolve pre-national dex (considering that it doesn't make much sense for a Pokemon to not be able to evolve based on what Pokedex you own), but I guess the forcing of the 2nd Generation makes the most sense. They need their chance for the spotlight.

Meh, whatever, either way I want it to stay the way it is in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. I most definitely do not want to see it involve any form of linking.

I agree completely. Especially since I don't have multiple DSs or anybody else to actually trade with, and I don't want to resort to Action Replay. I liked DPPt's method the best.

Last edited:

Mudkip8003

Low level pokemon

Having to have events

DP balls

TR having the same plot as ever (we know that's not goint to happen)

joker0187

my rolfcopter goes..
lets see:
a scaled down vesion of kanto
low leve pokemon/trainers
too much spotlight for cyndaquil and not totodile
having a crapload of events
dp balls

Ammako

D/P Pokéballs and items WILL be in. Sorry guys.

Just wanted to make a correction here. In order to get it in R/S all you had to do was trade over a Pokemon that was not in the Hoenn Dex and then you just... had the National Dex xD
IIRC, I traded a Pokémon to Sapphire from Ruby that wasn't in the National Dex, and I didn't get the National Dex in Sapphire.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
D/P Pokéballs and items WILL be in. Sorry guys.

IIRC, I traded a Pokémon to Sapphire from Ruby that wasn't in the National Dex, and I didn't get the National Dex in Sapphire.

Well before FR/LG or Emerald were out I traded a Johto Pokemon from Colo and I had the National Dex. And it was only the Johto one that caused it. Because I traded a few Hoenn ones before that.

pokemaster001

You're completely ignoring the fact that Jasmine has been to Sinnoh.
I know this is a little late but, are you saying that Byron isn't in Sinnoh, with his Magneton and NOT Magnezone, so he's just an idiot for not evolving a pokemon. They were both the same number of gym and the same type so Jasmine gets what Byron doesn't because she was vacationing IN THE FUTURE!?

Grei

not the color
lets see:
too much spotlight for cyndaquil and not totodile
having a crapload of events

For the Cyndaquil one:

...what?

And events are a way of promoting hype for the games. They won't completely scrap events for HGSS. In fact, they're already giving the Movie Arceus (technically an event) importance to HGSS. Events will still happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.