• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you NOT want to see in HG/SS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Channy13

Water Vamp Trainer
low leveled trainers, honestly it took me ages to level up all my team
aswell the rare candy cheat...although i dont think the glitch will be thwere this time round!

GamerSonic

The spotlight is not all over Cyndaquil it's just people prefer fire type starters, but that doesn't mean that Gamefreak is giving Cyndaquil more priority over Totodile.

Rodolfito

Dude Of Power
I dont want to see a dead Kanto Do not explode cinnabar island and dont close the safari zone I want the same access to kanto as in LG/FR

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
Well I for one would not sacrifice the ability to have a chance at obtaining a shiny suicune, just so I could run around for a few hours so I can a normal one.

I doesn't really matter, as they will all be stationary.

First off, we know absolutely nothing about the ways of attaining the legendary dog trio.

Secondly, you can still get a Shiny Suicune, it'll just take a lot of work, dedication, and will power not to just give up.

Thirdly, making all of the trio stationary in the Burned Tower (That's the right one right?) would be incredibly easy way of obtaining them before the 5th badge.

Lastly, more than likely they will all be runners (Just like in G/S) just like Lati@s, Cresselia, the Dog trio (In Kanto), and Mesprit.

Electric

sentret and rattata. i never wanna see them.ever.again.

How about just Rattata because it's a Kanto Pokemon.

I do not want to see all Kanto Pokemon at the beginning of the game. Seriously, the excessive Kanto Pokemon defeats the purpose of Johto Pokemon and makes them completely useless. How often do you see a Johto Pokemon in G/S/C at the beginning of the game? Especially before Union Cave, the only ones I can think of before Union Cave are: Mareep, Wooper, Dunsparce, Sentret, Spinarak, Ledyba

Kanto Pokemon: Pidgey, Bellsprout, Gastly, Geodude, Caterpie, Metapod, Weedle, Kakuna, Jigglypuff, Spearow, Zubat, Ekans

Annoying Kanto Pokemon...

If you're talking about the cloning glitch the old one definitely wont be there since the Box system is COMPLETELY different now. But there will be a new way, as there always is.

It's probably gonna be the GTS, as it was in DPPt.

Rurik

Lucario Legionnaire
Speaking of the GTS. I don't want to see the Platinum GTS glitch return. It's annoying enough trying to find a Ditto that isn't requesting a bloody Darkrai, Mew, Jirachi, or Celebi as it is, thanks to Nintendo's useless BETA testers (Seriously, how in the bloody world do you overlook this you bloody morons!?) though, in Platinum you can't even see what if any level they're requesting, so even though you have a female Munchlax to trade for that Japanese Ditto you want for the Masuda method, you still can't because they're asking for a level 100 Munchlax, and yours is only level 6, but of course you can't tell that. Thank you Nintendo, now do the world a favor, fire your BETA testers, out of a cannon, into the sun, and hire some who don't overlook something so blatantly obvious.

Last edited:
That depends. If they use the same GTS then yeah, the glitch will be there. But if they use a different GTS then chances are we'll have to find a different way.

I don't see how they'd create another GTS only for HGSS. And to Rurik, they can't get rid of the "GTS glitch" (you're talking about the cloning glitch, right?) because they'd rather let you have two copies of your pokémon than accidentally lose it forever.

Rurik

Lucario Legionnaire
No, I'm talking about the Platinum GTS glitch that doesn't display what, if any, level the person is requesting, all it shows is the species they want, and, if applicable, the gender they want, it doesn't show the level they want however.

No, I'm talking about the Platinum GTS glitch that doesn't display what, if any, level the person is requesting, all it shows is the species they want, and, if applicable, the gender they want, it doesn't show the level they want however.
OOH! So that explains it...I thought my game was having a serious error. o_O

Wow, that's stupid. They need to fix that. :x

Rurik

Lucario Legionnaire
Well, they can fix it, but you have to send it into Nintendo, and they have to wipe your save data to fix it, which is something I'm not willing to do.

You're kidding me, how could they have overlooked that? Amazing...

Well, they can fix it, but you have to send it into Nintendo, and they have to wipe your save data to fix it, which is something I'm not willing to do.

I find it funny that any fan with an Action Replay can make a backup of their own save files, but Nintendo/Game Freak themselves can't.

The GTS seriously needs a major revamp.

Rurik

Lucario Legionnaire
Two questions I myself would very much like to know. I mean, this isn't like the old Missingno. glitch, where one has to wonder how anyone ever figured out the trick in the first place since it's not something one would likely do under normal circumstances, this is something that should be blindingly obvious to a BETA tester, the first give away should be when they search for a Piplup, and not one single person is requesting a Pokemon of a particular level, and the one person that's requesting a Pokemon that, as far as they can see, matches the criteria, still won't let them trade it. And for as much as Nintendo charges to repair their stuff, for instance, I need to get the power light and R button on my DS Lite fixed, they want $85, I could buy a brand new DS Lite for just a little more, you'd think Nintendo could make a quick backup of your game save before they wipe the programming and fix the problem. So yes, the Platinum GTS glitch is most certainly something I do not want to see return in the new games, and if they do, I'm going to find a Nintendo BETA tester, and lodge my size 13 boot firmly next to their colon.

Speaking of the GTS. I don't want to see the Platinum GTS glitch return. It's annoying enough trying to find a Ditto that isn't requesting a bloody Darkrai, Mew, Jirachi, or Celebi as it is, thanks to Nintendo's useless BETA testers (Seriously, how in the bloody world do you overlook this you bloody morons!?) though, in Platinum you can't even see what if any level they're requesting, so even though you have a female Munchlax to trade for that Japanese Ditto you want for the Masuda method, you still can't because they're asking for a level 100 Munchlax, and yours is only level 6, but of course you can't tell that. Thank you Nintendo, now do the world a favor, fire your BETA testers, out of a cannon, into the sun, and hire some who don't overlook something so blatantly obvious.

Oh my god, is that why I can never seem to trade for the pokemon I have but the GTS wont let me? = o Thank you for pointing that out.

But yeah, that needs to go. Plus, make the more likely trades, (i.e. Not damned Manaphy, Shaymin, and Darkrai! >8[) before the ridiculous ones.

Please! Please! I'll gladly trade you my level 80 Mewtwo for you level 1 Piplup! >8[

I agree, it was like in D/P/Pt, you couldn't get a Pokemon from the GTS, which you hadn't seen before in the game or on your PokeDex, which was actually unfair, because how many people have seen a Shaymin in the wild, unless they have used Action Replay, or received one via Toy'r'us or at a GAME store.

I think that if they include the GTS, make sure that you have acess to trade all Pokemon and receive all Pokemon right away, that would make the GTS more enjoyable.

I mean eBay doesn't stop you from buying a wardrobe if you haven't seen it before do they, no. So the GTS shouldn't stop you from getting a Pokemon if you haven't seen it or caught it before.

I agree, it was like in D/P/Pt, you couldn't get a Pokemon from the GTS, which you hadn't seen before in the game or on your PokeDex, which was actually unfair, because how many people have seen a Shaymin in the wild, unless they have used Action Replay, or received one via Toy'r'us or at a GAME store.

I think that if they include the GTS, make sure that you have acess to trade all Pokemon and receive all Pokemon right away, that would make the GTS more enjoyable.

I mean eBay doesn't stop you from buying a wardrobe if you haven't seen it before do they, no. So the GTS shouldn't stop you from getting a Pokemon if you haven't seen it or caught it before.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I don't see how they'd create another GTS only for HGSS. And to Rurik, they can't get rid of the "GTS glitch" (you're talking about the cloning glitch, right?) because they'd rather let you have two copies of your pokémon than accidentally lose it forever.

How can you not see how they would create another GTS... they would follow the exact same steps they did to create the first one O_O

But yeah, that needs to go. Plus, make the more likely trades, (i.e. Not damned Manaphy, Shaymin, and Darkrai! >8[) before the ridiculous ones.

There's no way they can/will fix this. This is up to the players. So you'll always be dealing with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.