• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you NOT want to see in HG/SS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you not see how they would create another GTS... they would follow the exact same steps they did to create the first one O_O

Oh nevermind, I thought you meant an entire new GTS exclusive to HGSS, not a GTS in HGSS with a different interface (like giving you access to the pokémon's summary).

Rurik

Lucario Legionnaire
I could live with a new interface. One that makes it a little easier to browse through countries in the event you happen to want a Magikarp from Timbuktu or whatever.

Simple Star

~ Yeah, I don't know
~ Honey Trees. (I really liked headbutt)
~ Gym, and Elite four at low levels. (The first gym being maybe at 10-13, that'd be good.)
~ Battle Frontier. (I loved in Platinum and Emerald, but not in Johto.)
~ Contests. (I'm happy with them in D/P/Pt and RSE, but its likely they will have them. since May got Contest ribbons from Johto.)
~ If having your Pokemon out walking with you wasn't optional. (I'd be annoyed to the point to maybe I won't even get it >.<)
~ If D/P balls replaced Aapricorn Balls (I'd hate it. Enough said.)
~ If there was GS ball. (I want Celebi T.T)

Last edited:

tahhato

Glaceon be the Best
-the new evolutions from dpp not in this game
-the same exact old plot, hope they spruce it up a little
-no way to turn off the pokemon following you, i figure it will be annoying after a while
-ugly sprites
-the same gymleader teams

Tsisque

- Headbutting trees replaced with honey trees

- Aprikorn balls replaced with new/revised balls

- Pokeradar. I know that this is popular, but come on. It's way too easy to get a shiny pokemon with these. I miss the rarity of shinies, back when people would freak out even more if they found one in the wild. Pokeradar just jacked up the shiny population.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Why are people so butthurt over Aprikron balls? They most likly WILL be replaced with the DP equivilants EG: If you give Kurt a WHT Aprikron, you will get Quick Ball which is not that different to a Fast Ball. :/

Ammako

- Pokeradar. I know that this is popular, but come on. It's way too easy to get a shiny pokemon with these. I miss the rarity of shinies, back when people would freak out even more if they found one in the wild. Pokeradar just jacked up the shiny population.

... Don't use the Pokéradar then! Also, it helps A LOT with EV training and when you want to find a specific Pokémon (Like one with that specific held item (Light Ball anyone?)

It also lets you catch many Pokémon that couldn't be caught otherwise. The PokéRadar isn't only for shinies...

The Tail

A pokedex of random pokemon from every regien (the old one was fine)

Them instead of remixing the old GSC music like with Red and Blue music remixed in FR and LG, make up some new crappy music to replace it (THAT would be horrible)

Taking out the daycare (they wouldn't dare)

Like people said, replacing the poke balls with the new dp ones, and the tree thing.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Why are people so butthurt over Aprikron balls? They most likly WILL be replaced with the DP equivilants EG: If you give Kurt a WHT Aprikron, you will get Quick Ball which is not that different to a Fast Ball. :/

Because those people played the first game and the Apricorns were really cool. Having them replaced by something that can be so easily acquired such as the new DP PokeBalls is boring.

panagiotisGR

- 4th Gen. >> (Maybe in different places)
- Contest (Some people may like them but I believe it's waste of map space. XD)
- Honey Trees (Please.. No more..)
- NO MORE BIDOOF D< (Want something more?)
- Apricorn Balls Replaced By DPPt Ones (Everyone Agrees)

I guess many more I can't think of right now. >>

Ammako

Because those people played the first game and the Apricorns were really cool. Having them replaced by something that can be so easily acquired such as the new DP PokeBalls is boring.

So what? Like Game Freak pays attention to the Nostalgia factor.
They won't make new Pokéballs that have almost exactly the same effects than the current ones when they can just keep the current ones, wich are compatible with D/P/Pt.

I know they could just make the Pokéballs return to the bag when traded to D/P/Pt, but what about the Summary icon? Besides, the R/S/D/P Pokéballs have the same effect.

Grei

not the color
I know they could just make the Pokéballs return to the bag when traded to D/P/Pt, but what about the Summary icon? Besides, the R/S/D/P Pokéballs have the same effect.

Really? Every single Devon Pokeball has the same effect as Kurt's Pokeballs?

It's not that easy.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
They won't make new Pokéballs that have almost exactly the same effects than the current ones when they can just keep the current ones, wich are compatible with D/P/Pt.

Not once did I say GF cared or paid attention. Matter of fact I never mentioned GF at all. I was explaining to the person I quoted why people didn't want to see Kurt making D/P PokeBalls. >.>

Also the R/S/E/D/P/P PokeBalls do not all have the same effect. There are only a few.

Yes, thank you. Someone else who understands these games aren't for US, but for a younger audience. >_<

As for the whole summary icon issue, they COULD just appear as regular Pokeballs..

Ammako

Level Ball = Nest Ball (They work backwards, level ball being strong against stronger Pokémon, Nest Ball being stronger on weaker Pokémon.)
Lure Ball = Dive Ball
Moon Ball = No point in them
Friend Ball = Luxury Ball
Fast Ball = Quick Ball
Heavy Ball = No real point except catching legendaries.
Love Ball = I agree these were useful.

Most of them has a 3rd/4th gen. equivalent.

I think what people should say is "No removing Kurt's Pokéballs" instead of "No D/P Balls", since they can as well keep the D/P balls, but still have Kurt's ones.

They COULD appear as normal Pokéballs. But that would make no sense.

SnorlaxRules

- Headbutting trees replaced with honey trees

- Aprikorn balls replaced with new/revised balls

- I agree

- I agree

-Now his may cause many, many problems.
1) to make it mean anything then you would either have to make something that doesn't allow trading of shinies or maybe at all between any previous 4th generation game, and i think a can confidently say that NO ONE wants that.
2)I too miss the rarity of shinies, i got 2 by random encounter and went insane both times, but i know people that the removal of pokeradar would mean a removal of a reason to by the game, so it could lower sales.
3)For many people its still a novelty, so it hasn't exactly become over whelming in the number of shinies, although after a trial in DPPt, i reckon that the number of the chain before it becomes a 1/200 chance of encoutering a shiny should be significanly raised to something like 80 or 100.

but otherwise i dont see a problem ;)

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Level Ball = Nest Ball (They work backwards, level ball being strong against stronger Pokémon, Nest Ball being stronger on weaker Pokémon.)
Lure Ball = Dive Ball
Moon Ball = No point in them
Friend Ball = Luxury Ball
Fast Ball = Quick Ball
Heavy Ball = No real point except catching legendaries.
Love Ball = I agree these were useful.

Fast Ball =/= Quick Ball. Fast Ball is for fast Pokemon. Not using it in the first few turns. The Level Ball is strong against Pokemon of lower level than your own. Same as the Nest Ball.

I think most people are saying they don't want D/P Balls replacing Kurt's. I have yet to come across someone saying strictly "No. D/P Balls" o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.