• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you NOT want to see in HG/SS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armored Zangoose

-With honey Trees, you have to pay for honey. With Headbutt Trees you don't.
-With honey trees you have to wait half a day. With headbutt trees you wait half a second.
-Honey Trees give you a crapload of Wurmple. There are no Wurmple in Headbutt Trees.
-So what if you have to make a pokemon learn headbutt? Give it to an HM slave.
-With headbutt trees the pokemon has a chance of already being asleep, making it easier to catch.

I want apricorn balls so you don't have to pay, but Kurt needs to make them faster There's no reason to have to wait a day. Or for that matter, there's no reason to need to wait at all.

Jolesy

Sparky Jolteons(:
-With honey Trees, you have to pay for honey. With Headbutt Trees you don't.
-With honey trees you have to wait half a day. With headbutt trees you wait half a second.
-Honey Trees give you a crapload of Wurmple. There are no Wurmple in Headbutt Trees.
-So what if you have to make a pokemon learn headbutt? Give it to an HM slave.
-With headbutt trees the pokemon has a chance of already being asleep, making it easier to catch.

Yes good points but another thing- If there are honey trees why would there have to be wurmple? You're in Johto my friend where there is not suppose Wurmple.

Zatch 89

I don't want any honey trees or the removal of Kanto for a Battle Frontier or something, that's about it.

Umm, you also have no proof that headbutt trees would not contain Wurmple... Since Wurmple wasn't around in the 2nd Gen, so that isn't a good argument what-so-ever...

Don't get me wrong, I HATE Honey Trees with a passion and much prefer Headbutting...

Jolesy

Sparky Jolteons(:
I don't think they will remove Kanto for a Battle Frontier. They have more space now.

Jolesy

Sparky Jolteons(:
Umm, you also have no proof that headbutt trees would not contain Wurmple... Since Wurmple wasn't around in the 2nd Gen, so that isn't a good argument what-so-ever...

Don't get me wrong, I HATE Honey Trees with a passion and much prefer Headbutting...

Exactly! There will only be Johto and Kanto bug pokemon in there!

Well this is a bit stupid for me to be arguing[maybe with noone?] since I don't use it that much. :/

Rurik

Lucario Legionnaire
That's what one would call an understatement. A Gameboy Colour cartridge compared to a DS cartridge, is like comparing a puddle to a lake.

patey

D/P TRADE MASTER
i dont want to be able to catch red gyrados just battle it or something because it will kind of make peoples shiny gyrados obsolite or maybe they could change the colour of it, also high high leves i want red str8 up level 100's for the pure challenge of it, and i dont wanna see 20 to 30 hours completion 50 hours is good enough for me :)

Jolesy

Sparky Jolteons(:
The red gyrados doesn"t really matter to me. But hasn't it been in Johto but also Sinnoh too?

Jolesy

Sparky Jolteons(:
The red gyrados doesn't really matter to me. But hasn't it been in Johto but also Sinnoh too?

Yea, the Red Gyrados can't change... they talk about the Red Gyrados in Sinnoh, so, Red is it's color forever...

Rurik

Lucario Legionnaire
The red Gyarados people have now won't become any less valuable just because there's an easily obtainable one now, just like event Pokemon, for instance Mew, anyone who has a copy of My Pokemon Ranch can obtain a Mew now, but the Mews given away through events are still just as valuable because they're more difficult to obtain. (Without the use of Pokesav and an Action Replay that is.) That red Gyarados you spent hours at Solaceon town, breeding Magikarp with the Masuda method will still be just as hard to obtain as it ever was, nothing shy of Nintendo introducing an item that makes all Pokemon that appear shiny when held in battle could really do that, and even then, it would only make shiny Pokemon from that particular game worthless.

j4ke567

i want to be able to go back to all the other regions when youve finished the story, like in gold and silver. this will really increase its longevity

j4ke567

;412;i want to be able to go back to all the other regions when youve finished the story, like in gold and silver. this will really increase its longevity

Jolesy

Sparky Jolteons(:
Yes most of the old stuff like that will remain. But what is up with the color red? Red haired boy [which can just get booted out in my opinion he annoyed me] and then this really infamous Gyarados?

I honestly don't want the Red Gyrados, I'd rather have Lance catch it... I never really used, I turned it into an HM slave when I caught it the most recent time... Cause that far in the game, I have level 40s, and it's at thirty... I mean, you should still battle it, but you shouldn't be able to catch it, after all, it's extremely enraged, have it toss the pokeballs(Great, Ultra, whatever) back at you... and eventually you have to faint it... Then Lance takes it to calm it down... but he still gives you the Red Scale thingy that was only useful in getting you the Exp. Share, which if you didn't know about it, turned the Scale to complete uselessness... People have suggested giving Lance the Red Gyrados before, I'm just adding to the thought...

Jolesy

Sparky Jolteons(:
its a shame that your starter foolows you around though

Again it"s not only your starters. You can go throughout the game with only the first in your party. this really stands out to me because they never brought into the games except in Amity Park, which was annoying because you could only have "cute" pokemon with you which was just retarded in my view. It just makes me think what else can they bring into this game?

I would hope that they use the follow feature in other ways... I mean, you have all the overworld sprites programmed in, what else could they do? I mean, have random overworld pokemon when your walking on a route (maybe have them out of reach or have them run away, but, it would be something) or have the pokemon move boulders and crush stones using their overworld sprite... have your Flash user walk behind you with light emitting from it's back(or wherever) I mean, this feature has so many uses...

Jolesy

Sparky Jolteons(:
Did the Red Haired Dude get on anybody's else nerves?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.