• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you NOT want to see in HG/SS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolesy

Sparky Jolteons(:
Yes!! Finally someone who sees my point! This game should not be in the 4th generation..it should be the 5th! There"s gonna be so much coming from this.

No, they shouldn't. :/ They belong in the fourth generation.

Besides, we're probably going to get Ruby and Sapphire remakes in the fifth generaton. .__.

Jolesy

Sparky Jolteons(:
If we do get remakes of them [which there is a pattern of remakes now] look at what we have now to look forward too

Rurik

Lucario Legionnaire
I honestly don't want the Red Gyrados, I'd rather have Lance catch it... I never really used, I turned it into an HM slave when I caught it the most recent time... Cause that far in the game, I have level 40s, and it's at thirty... I mean, you should still battle it, but you shouldn't be able to catch it, after all, it's extremely enraged, have it toss the pokeballs(Great, Ultra, whatever) back at you... and eventually you have to faint it... Then Lance takes it to calm it down... but he still gives you the Red Scale thingy that was only useful in getting you the Exp. Share, which if you didn't know about it, turned the Scale to complete uselessness... People have suggested giving Lance the Red Gyrados before, I'm just adding to the thought...

You shouldn't be able to catch Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, or Mewtwo either if being ticked off prevents capture. Honestly, if you don't want the red Gyarados, then just knock it out. There's no rule in the game that says you have to catch them all. (Contrary to what the slogan would suggest.) See? Everyone goes home happy. The people who want to catch it can, and the ones who don't can just knock it out, instead of the people who want to catch it being unable to just because some people didn't want it.

Jolesy

Sparky Jolteons(:
Exactly why he was annoying. He was weak and didn't realize it. He just went on on about weak pokemon. Yes there is some that was harder to train but if you kept it up it you had a strong pokemon!!!

Can anybody see he got on my nerves?

There's no rule in the game that says you have to catch them all. (Contrary to what the slogan would suggest.)

Yes but isn't that what it's all about being a Pokemon Master and catching them all to complete the Pokedex, mind you Ash didn't do that it in anime did he, he only caught at least 7 Pokemon in Kanto.

Jolesy

Sparky Jolteons(:
There's no rule in the game that says you have to catch them all. (Contrary to what the slogan would suggest.) See? Everyone goes home happy. The people who want to catch it can, and the ones who don't can just knock it out, instead of the people who want to catch it being unable to just because some people didn't want it.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion which is why we are here. That is why in the games there is stuff that you can or cannot do. Yes we can all fight about this. But no matter it will be in there. It has been a staple in pokemon.

Jolesy

Sparky Jolteons(:
The point of the game is to have fun whether that is breeding contests battle frontier or being a pokemon master. The game was made for various stuff as the years came by. Yes inthe very beginning it was 'catch 'em all' but now there's more

Rurik

Lucario Legionnaire
You don't get a seperate Pokedex entry for shiny Pokemon though, it's purely aesthetic. If you don't want the red Gyarados at Lake of Rage, but still want a red Gyarados, then knock it out, and catch/hatch your own. You don't have to catch it just because it's there. You don't try to catch every single Bidoof you come across do you? There's no reason why other people who do want the red Gyarados should have to do without, just because some people don't want to catch it, and choose to ignore the obvious solution of simply choosing not to catch it.

Jolesy

Sparky Jolteons(:
Well no matter the red Gyarados will be there. Some people will like it some people won't life will go on.

What I don't want to see is waiting until Kanto to catch some GSC-exclusive pokemon. Seriously, why is it that you fought Houndours throughout the game, but couldn't catch one until Celadon City, at which point your team was level 50-60+ and he was level 11? That ****** me off. Johto pokemon should be catchable in Johto.

Jolesy

Sparky Jolteons(:
Another thing I don"t want to see is pointless pokegear apps. Half of the stuff I don't see any reason to use. I think the game makers just got bored and couldn't find anything else useful.

Dracomaster16

Storm Trainer
I have to admit, the levels doesn't matter much to me, as I habitually over level anyway. By the time I reach the first gym in Pearl and Platinum, I always have a fully evolved Staraptor, Luxray, and starter. XD

Yeah... right. Like you could do that with oh, let's see, LV 3. WILDS! (Damn, there are some people that think just because other people can't physically see the game being played by them, then they could make people believe whatever the hell they want!

Rurik

Lucario Legionnaire
As a matter of fact you can, you still get experience from them, whether they're level one or one hundred. Do try to remember that just because you don't have the patience to do something, doesn't mean other people don't. Getting three Pokemon to level thirty-six or so is nothing compared to level grinding a Final Fantasy game.

Linkdarkside

Yes good points but another thing- If there are honey trees why would there have to be wurmple? You're in Johto my friend where there is not suppose Wurmple.
buts there is Caterpie and Weedle.

i think both Honey and Heabutt trees should be in the game.

and make that some pokemon are exclusive to one tree.

buts there is Caterpie and Weedle.

i think both Honey and Heabutt trees should be in the game.

and make that some pokemon are exclusive to one tree.

I agree with this thought entirely... But, sadly, that would more than likely mean Heracross would be a honey tree exclusive (that sucker loves sap and honey IIRC)

O, and whoever said it earlier, I want the headbutt trees for those sleeping Spearows and Weedles and what not, always found that hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.