• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you NOT want to see in HG/SS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LedZeppelin1

Expect theUnexpected
I don't want to see any easy gym leaders. Falkner had a level 9 Pidgeotto! At least have it level 12 or something

Yeah WTF was with that? Brock had a level 14 in RBY, which was somewhat of a challenge that early in the game if you didn't level up enough before you encountered him.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Yeah WTF was with that? Brock had a level 14 in RBY, which was somewhat of a challenge that early in the game if you didn't level up enough before you encountered him.

I think it would be cool if it were level 17, the level that Pidgey evolves at.

LedZeppelin1

Expect theUnexpected
Yeah definitely, because seeing a Pidgeotto that somehow evolved 8 levels early just didn't go well in my book. I'd probably want the pidgy to be around 13 or 14 though.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
The gym leaders arn't the only things that should be improved. The trainers that you battle throught the game have such low levled Pokemon. During the Rocket Mission during Mahogany Town when you battle the Rockets there Pokemon were like 16~22. Thats like the same level as the trainers at the Rock Tunnel in Kanto. That's kinda sad. Same with the level of the Pokemon you find. At the 7th gym your still battleing Pokemon at lvl 16 and such. Compare that to Sinnoh before you reach the 7th gym. The trainers pokemon are reaching to the 40's.

LedZeppelin1

Expect theUnexpected
Yeah that's true. And it does explain why I breezed through some major points of the game without really getting to enjoy it.

joker0187

my rolfcopter goes..
wow, some people in this question have some issues(some person taking these comments WAY to serious, lol)
anyways, what i wouldnt like to see are:
1) low level pokemon
2) weak trainers
3) bidoof
4) a small version of kanto

Rurik

Lucario Legionnaire
wouldn't HGSS be "a GSC in a D/P/PT" skin? It is the storyline of an old game with lifted features and graphics.

Kind of depends on whether you consider the plot, or the game engine and mechanics to be the core of the game. If it's the plot, then it would be Gold and Silver with a new skin, if it's the mechanics, then it's Diamond and Pearl with an old skin. I'd consider the mechanics to be at the core of the game, take out the battles and other game mechanics, and all you have left is a very weak plot that doesn't really change from generation to generation. Take away the plot however, and you're left with a strong set of game mechanics, which you could easily slap any plot and any characters you wanted on top of and make a working title, replace the Pokemon with Digimon, Fighting Foodons, politicians, whatever. It would still be the same basic game, just with different characters.

but wouldn't HGSS be "a GSC in a D/P/PT" skin?

It looks that way, Gold's overworld sprite is based off Lucas's sprite, and the Bug Catcher on Route 30 in the video has hardly changed, the schoolboy from D/P/Pt, hasn't changed either, as seen when we move past Goldenrod City, and Cynthia hasn't changed at all, so it's safe to say, Yes.

Fire Type King

Leave luck to Heaven
Hates...

Unfortunately, it has to be said (I mean it REALLY HAS TO BE SAID), but I am just hoping with all my might that honey trees are irradicated from all future pokemon games including HGSS.
I don't want to see jhoto with the same layout either. It was by far my favourite region but I think if it's kept the same with cities in the same places and buildings where they usually are, experienced trainers will pass the game with no sense of challenge. I think the cities should have:
a different look with buildings in different locations
or
cities located in different areas of jhoto (or when reached) kanto
or
instead of going from one city to another in the same order, I think the order of which you visit cities should be totally altered.

I don't wanna see a red garados either... something new.
[I hope they keep the cloning glitch though ;)]

Armored Zangoose

The gym leaders arn't the only things that should be improved. The trainers that you battle throught the game have such low levled Pokemon. During the Rocket Mission during Mahogany Town when you battle the Rockets there Pokemon were like 16~22. Thats like the same level as the trainers at the Rock Tunnel in Kanto. That's kinda sad. Same with the level of the Pokemon you find. At the 7th gym your still battleing Pokemon at lvl 16 and such. Compare that to Sinnoh before you reach the 7th gym. The trainers pokemon are reaching to the 40's.

The pokemon outside Mahogany were lv. 13 Mareep. I cried when I replayed the game yesterday. The whole game. In less than an hour.

-Low levels. Falkner's pokemon should be around level 14, Bugsy's around lv. 20.
-HONEY TREES. DEATH TO THE HONEY TREES. LET THEM BURN.

Oh, and something small- I don't want the daycare people to be so ducking stupid they can't figure out where the eggs are coming from.

superdonut

GaGa Ooh Lala
I think the cities should have:
or
or
instead of going from one city to another in the same order, I think the order of which you visit cities should be totally altered.

1. They.... aren't going to move the cities. Why would they do that?
2. Why would they change the order of cities? What would be the point?
3. Red Gyarados is already confirmed.

Unfortunately, it has to be said (I mean it REALLY HAS TO BE SAID), but I am just hoping with all my might that honey trees are irradicated from all future pokemon games including HGSS.
I don't want to see jhoto with the same layout either. It was by far my favourite region but I think if it's kept the same with cities in the same places and buildings where they usually are, experienced trainers will pass the game with no sense of challenge. I think the cities should have:
or
or

They can't keep the old cloning glitch, the PC system is entirely different. o.o

We'll still be able to clone through the GTS.

Rurik

Lucario Legionnaire
Alright, how about to make everyone happy, let's make the Lake of Rage Gyarados pink instead, better? Now no more whining that your precious shiny Gyarados is going to become "less special."

Adam_stm

The reason Pokemon are at such a low level is because GSC has 16 gyms to progress through so for example they had to still be at a moderate level at the 8th gym because there were 8 more to go.

The reason Pokemon are at such a low level is because GSC has 16 gyms to progress through so for example they had to still be at a moderate level at the 8th gym because there were 8 more to go.
That's still a poor reason. It would have actually been a challenge if Green was in the high 60's and 70's.

For god's sake, Janine had Pokemon in the 30's.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk

Even the Kanto Leaders Pokemon were at a low Level. The trainers in Kanto also never seemed to go beyond lvl 40. The only leader that had Pokemon beyond 50 was Blue.

The Johto Gym Leaders could reached around level 50, the E4 60, and the Kanto leaders can go as high as the 70s. Red's Pokemon could each be leveled up by around five or so levels.

And there you have it. The trainers will have high-leveled Pokemon throughout the whole game. 16 Gym Leaders isn't an excuse for terribly under-leveled trainers.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard

Why no Red Gyarados? It was a major plot point in the original GSC. There is no reason to take it out. Besides, it's already been confirmed. There would be nothing else to put there. Removing the Red Gyarados would make the Lake of Rage pretty much useless

Status
Not open for further replies.