• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you personally feel about people who don't usually think very deeply when buying games or other merchandise?

WaterTypeStarter

Many on the internet often call them "mindless consumers". Do you resent them buying merchandise that you personally hate and want to have unsuccessful sales?

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I'm not like that. I think hypocrite people have their own rights about their interests and likewise they should mind their own business about what i do.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I simply do not care how strangers spend their money.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
There are two different questions being asked here.

1) How do I feel about people who don't think very deeply when buying products?

This is called an impulse buyer, not a "mindless consumer". I would encourage them to think their choices out a little more but at the end of the day what they do with their money is their choice.

2) Do you resent people buying merchandise that you personally hate and want to have unsuccessful sales?

This is not the same thing as impulse buying. People can buy whatever they want to buy and like whatever they want to like, and other people's opinions on those choices aren't really relevant. I will explain why I think certain products are bad or should be avoided, but at the end of the day if someone chooses to buy those products anyways, resenting them on a personal level is childish and petty.

Leonhart

Imagineer
It's none of my business how other players choose to spend their money. There isn't any Pokemon merchandise that I hate other than maybe DLC, but even in that case I'm not particularly bothered if other people are willing to shell out money to unlock extra content since it has no impact on my own spending.