• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you personally think of FRLG's Trainer Tower?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTypeStarter

You don't get any money or experience points for battling. And the rewards for reaching the top are not the greatest. However, you can actually battle level 100 Pokemon if you have one of your own in your party. What do you think of it? Would you want it to be in any future Pokemon games?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
It was boring. It was cool to see one of the very few instances of other Trainers having Shinies though

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
If the eReader cards would have been utilized more, I think it could have been a cool way to introduce "DLC" trainers into the mix. But as it stands, it was okay, a decent test to see how your pokemon were, but inferior to Battle Tower in almost every way. I think it could have had some neat potential if they it was made more rogue-like (like the BW2 tower/hollow) or had more elements like the Battle Pyramid to truly make it stand out.

jaden767

Amphetamine
Could've been way better with those special e-Reader cards but the FRLG ones never came out in Europe or America for some reason?

Leonhart

Imagineer
It was quite superfluous in the grand scheme of things. The prizes weren't worth the trouble that it took to reach the roof of the building, and overall I remember thinking that the Battle Tower was superior despite it being more difficult.

beanDude

Reviewer
I never even bothered with it because I was just confused why there was no Battle Tower. I loved the Battle Tower in Sapphire because it was fun to test my teams against CPU opponents in a competitive environment. That one thing was what kept me coming back to it before I moved on from that game entirely. I would boot up my DS before I had much to play on it at the time and would just see how far I could make it in the Battle Tower. I AM ignorant, as I have no idea what the Trainer Tower entails, but the second I saw that it WASN'T the Battle Tower, I lost interest. Was I stupid for doing that? Maybe, but I was also still a kid, so I feel like if it was stupid logic, it makes sense. I have always been intrigued by it's existence since then, so when I get around to doing a full run of FR/LG again, I will make sure I check it out.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I really didn’t like it that much. I typically dislike Battle Towers (BW2 and SM/USUM being the exceptions) and really hated how the game taunted you with uncatchable Shines that the trainers had.

Status
Not open for further replies.