• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you play the originals on (besides emulators)?

What do you play the originals on?

• Game Boy original (and variants, like the Game Boy pocket, Game Boy Light, etc.)

Votes: 12 7.8%
  • Game Boy Color (and any variants, though I don't know of any)

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • Game Boy Advanced (and variants, like the SP)

Votes: 74 48.4%
  • Other (Super Game Boy, Game boy Player, etc. NO EMULATORS.)

Votes: 15 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
The other thread was closed down, so here's a new thread. Remember NO EMULATORS! (Sorry for shouting.)

I also included a poll; it might be fun to track everyone's preference.

Last edited:

Shymain

Shaymin Lover
Mine was other, I always... Oh wait, I didn't play gen 1 on my ds lite... I used my GBASP. Uhoh...

Sckewi

I played my old Pokemon Blue on a Gameboy Classic, Gameboy Colour, Super Gameboy, Gameboy Advance and Gameboy Advance SP at one point or another.

I played it on my Gameboy Colour the most, though.

Crystal6

Gen.2 Shiny Breeder
Does... does stadium count as an emulator?

If it does, I guess I vote GB Advance SP. Until I need to use headphones. Then suddenly I wish I'd used a regular gb advance.

McBatch

gbc and pokemon stadiums

pacman000

For the purposes of this discussion, Stadium counts as "Other," like the Super Game Boy.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
SP because it's got the light.

ZKE

I just booted up my ancient Blue file on my GBC last week. Good times - the Elite Four up to Lance only use Super Potions.

Shiro to Kuro

Aspiring Author
I play them on my GameBoy Player. c:

I haven't played in forever, but I loved it so much when I played this summer.

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
My extremely old SP. Although I think my brother lost it so.....

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I play them on Stadium 2

Nephilim

Muffin Button Master
GBASP. Wish I still had my original GBC though. Alot of good memories with that thing...

M3rc3r

Gameboy Advance SP, got two of them too to be able to trade, haha.

pacman000

You can use the link old Game Boy games on a GBA SP? I thought the link cables weren't compatible.

M3rc3r

You can use the link old Game Boy games on a GBA SP? I thought the link cables weren't compatible.

Mine were, at least from my old Silver to Blue.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
My old games don't work anymore, but if they were, I'd be playing them on the GameBoy Advance SP. And that would've meant I would've never let my little brothers use my copy, and get it lost in the house.

...oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.