• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you play the originals on (besides emulators)?

What do you play the originals on?

• Game Boy original (and variants, like the Game Boy pocket, Game Boy Light, etc.)

Votes: 12 7.8%
  • Game Boy Color (and any variants, though I don't know of any)

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • Game Boy Advanced (and variants, like the SP)

Votes: 74 48.4%
  • Other (Super Game Boy, Game boy Player, etc. NO EMULATORS.)

Votes: 15 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Game Boy Advance SP. I sold my GBC years and years ago. Plus a rechargeable battery and a light in the screen are always a plus.
I put my game in colorless when I start it though, to make it feel more like back then.

shadow giratina

giratina overlord
pink gba sp. i picked it up for 7 bucks at a yardsale. game included. just missing the charger.

steven3000

I still play my blue version on my original gameboy colour from when it first came out. I have recently acquired yellow and red but these are all just for my collection now.

I use the SP because you can charge it. No longer switching them batteries. Also has easier to use buttons and current charge meter

nikkissippi121

Team Rocket Admin
Usually my Game Boy Color. The original game takes too many batteries, and mine requires the battery pack to work, anyway. I'd play on my SP, but I can't find my charger, and anyway, I'm really nostalgic about my GBC - it was my first gaming console, along with my Pokemon Gold. :)

Sohryu

Be a Man!
I've always played it in my GBC. I didn't own a GBA, anyways. I remember how that purple-transparent GBC was cool to play my Yellow game. Good times!

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
I still have my purple GBC with pokemon blue stuffed in the back. I lost so many save files. I recently had a Blastoise, Rhydon, Raichu, Pidgeot, Chansey, and Kadabra. I don't remember my original team though.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
my boyfriend still has his old gameboy color and he lets me play on it from time to time. :>

Game Boy Advanced.

Orangejuice

I still use my old GBA, since the start button of my GBC broke years ago.

Nulava

Banned
During my childhood, I played the originals on the Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, and Game Boy Advance SP.
I preferred playing them on the Game Boy Advance SP since you can simply recharge the system instead of wasting batteries on the Game Boy Color or Game Boy Advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.