• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you play these games on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananarama

The light is coming
*This is a remake of an older thread*

So, what video game systems do you play gens 1 and 2 on?

Remember to only discuss official Nintendo systems i.e. no emulators, phones, etc.!

I just use my GBA for both gens, since I find it the most convenient method.

Last edited:
Sadly, my original GBC and GBA are long gone. RIP. :(

I bought a used GBC (in the same color as my childhood one: teal) a couple years ago, so that became my go-to once I replaced the batteries in my Blue, Yellow, and Silver cartridges.

I may look into getting another GBA someday, but since I can play Gen III games on the DS, I'm in no big rush.

Kalosian

So long
I stopped playing these games long ago. But back when I did play them, it varied. I first played them on my GBC as it was the first handheld console I had. Then I got a GBA and mostly played them on it instead. After that, I also got a GBA SP and used it quite a lot as well. Though I later ended up playing GBA games on my SP and I did probably use my regular GBA while playing these games alongside using my SP for GBA games.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
For when I play Red & Blue I use a GBA SP cuz that's the oldest handheld system that I own but when I was younger I used a GB Color. ^^

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
As I remember, on a GBC and GBA, though I preferred the GBA because it could play more generations of Pokémon games.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I play my Gen 1 & 2 games using my GBA SP now. It's the most convenient system for me to play them on because of the rechargeable battery and screen light.

KMacncheeese

Pokemon>people
I originally played them on my arctic white GBA (not SP) because that was my first handheld system. Now I like to play them on my blue/yellow pokemon edition GBC in order to do it "properly."

Feline

Why?
My GBASP broke, so whenever I get the motivation again to pick up my Blue game again, I would play it on my clear colored original GBA. I think that's dying too though so, I might buy a GBC in the very distant future at this place that sells old video game stuff. I say very distant cause I don't know when I'll be getting the motivation to pick up Blue again, and my GBA still works so...I don't know.

Sprinter1988

I have copies of each of these games. Unfortunately the gen 1 games are unable save anymore while the gen 2 games keep losing the file after a while so there is absolutely no point in ever playing them anymore

Psychic

Really and truly
I always played them via the N64 transfer packs as a kid, as I wasn't allowed to own a Gameboy back then. I don't play them much now, but when I do I either use that (yay Gameboy Tower speedups) or a GBA SP my friend gave me.

~Psychic

Darrkvolt

I still own my GBC, but when I last played these a few years ago I used my GBA SP. I'm buying all 3 for VC though, which I can't wait for. No more worrying about dry batteries ruining your saves ^_^

I always played them via the N64 transfer packs as a kid, as I wasn't allowed to own a Gameboy back then. I don't play them much now, but when I do I either use that (yay Gameboy Tower speedups) or a GBA SP my friend gave me.

~Psychic

I think I know what you're talking about. You could put them in your controller in some adapter thing and play them on the TV using the N64 right? If that's what you mean, the only reason I ever had one of those was in the Pokemon games I was playing there was some mystery gift thing you could get daily. It's been so long I really don't remember what game ... probably GSC and Pokemon Stadium.

0LdSk00lMew

Elesa's #1 Fan
I own a GBC and Gameboy Advance but i play on the DS Lite for convenience as in the other slot there is a DS game. :3

0LdSk00lMew

Elesa's #1 Fan
Huh but I thought the DS couldn't play the Gen 1 & 2 Game Boy games. ^^;

*Face in hands* I got confused. I was meant to say that i played Gen 1 and 2 on GBC and GBA and the remakes of the same games on DS. *Face in hands*

Jirachi100

Kirby Fan
My GBA SP. I do have an original Gameboy that was my mom's but I usually have the batteries taken out since I rarely use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.