• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you say when someone says you're too old for Pokemon?

Zorkzedork

A lot of COD/Violent Shooter fans (5 year olds playing GTA 4 wth?) I know aren't 18 so why can't it work the other way round?

RedMage23

The Red Mage
I've never heard a person who's more intelligent than myself say this to me. I think I've said enough.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
I should mention that you can replace 'Headbutt' with any other move thats more or less possible in your situation. Mega Punch, Mega Kick, Double Slap... but you may want to avoid Flash, at least in public.

alfredo3001

Creaming in PAIN!
I do the Option 2.But I:

A) Alfredo used Megapunch!Its super effective

B)Alfredo used Quick Attack(Hits repeatly in the stomach)!Alfredo fled!

C)Alfredo used Objection!Its super effective![Insert the person name] Argument is invalid!

7 tyranitars

flipp them off.

shady56

Blazing With Heart
I grew up with Pokémon, I'll always love it. I'm not about to change that just because of what anyone else thinks.

i feel the same way

its pointless of them to try to tell me im to old for what i love im not doing any harm they think its easy picking to try to hurt someone else then realize how stupid they make themselves look...

so ive done both option one and two
both of them ended up being fun everytime :3

SmartD

I just don't pay any attention to them.

Pinsirius

Sentimental Fool ;)
Well, if you really are too old for Pokemon, all you can really do is sidestep it.

Pokémon Trainer Xande

Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist
That they are the kids, that I like it and that the games are a whole different world and they should try the 4th Gen

P.S: It never worked!

P.S.S: I play pokémon since I was 3 years old (it was in my cousin 's Game Boy Color) I grew tying to get it and when I was 10 years old, I finally got Sapphire. Now people try to say to me I 'm too old to play pokémon. My cousin only stopped playing it almost at his birthday of being 16 years old, and only because he go a ipod

Last edited:

W.T.

Donw with CIPHET!
Well, if you really are too old for Pokemon, all you can really do is sidestep it.
Except I won't be able to, because I'll have died of old age by then.

Nebbio

NINJA!
I tell them to stop playing their crappy games and play one of the greatest games of all time.

Kalosian

So long
I tell them about the competitive aspects of the games so they do not understand a word of what I am talking about.

Guywhoiam

Dr. Researcher Man
I just tell them in a calm, polite, manner: "Heart of a champion, Margarine Hat." Or: "I drink soap." Random stuff like that shuts just about anyone up. Because they think you are insane.

gliscor&yanmega

Random ignorant person who doesn't understand anything: You're too old for Pokemon.

Me: Pikachu use Thunderbolt! Well...that took care of that mess.

But on a serious note, I would simply tell them the truth..."You can't be "too old" for Pokemon or anything".

There are targeted ages for certain shows, games, and all that(In Pokemon's case, it's targeted more for kids), but that doesn't mean other people outside of the targeted age can't take part in it.

If you like something, it shouldn't matter what age you are, you like it that all that matters.

Pansy :]

anustart
Its never happenned to me before, but if it did I would laugh it off and then say that I knew that, but that won't stop me :)