• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you say when someone says you're too old for Pokemon?

Shiny Arcanine

I got so many heres a list

1. Arent you a little old to be an Idiot.(very common can be used for anyone that is just following the fad for hating it.)

2. Well i guess my time is better spent watching roided out freaks who get payed to much to hit or catch a ball.(for the sport people in your life)

3. Yeah and priest arent doing things that seem wrong either.(For religious nuts.)

4.Well your going to die soon youd think youd be more worried about that than me playing a game.(for older folks.....probably my favorite.)

I don't watch the show, that's for kids and Pokemon has lasted more then 10 years so its not a fad. Then I when I talk about Pokemon I have confidence in my voice if there's confidence in your voice then all they have is their thoughts.

ASB

Weather Team Hater
First, I say "Yes, I am. So?"
Then, if they continue, I start ranting on and on about how complex the games actually are and competitive pokemon and stuff. I make sure to use a whole bunch of terms they can't make sense of.
Lastly, I say that I will unleash my lv 100 EVd Blaziken on them and kill them.

Also, I mention that I only play the games, I could not give any less of a crap about the TCG and anime.

Dasdardly

Rare Occurence
I quietly save my game and shut the system off, very slowly. I then look them in the eye and give them my biggest, goofiest smile until they break eye contact. Then I go back to playing.

Dainar

Master Trainer
Usually I ignore them. But if they were really being a jerk about it, I would probably stand my ground.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Unless they're complete douches, in which case nobody likes them, no one really gives a flying crap if you play Pokemon here or not.

You guys must live in those weird neighborhoods where kids throw each other into trashcans, gossip about the hottest kids in school that really look no different than your average person, and come up with retarded insults like they do on TV (aka the stereotypical "white" school).

Last edited:

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
I say "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnd?" or "ssssssssoooooooooooooooooo?" then go back to whatever I was doing. But the headbutt option is a good one.

Venomrec

When some says something like that depending on who it is i'll most likely say F***k you or completly ignore them.

AromaFlora

floofy
If you want to play Pokemon, then play Pokemon. You shouldn't make other people's opinions a priority of your life, unless it's urgent. Pokemon's your pastime.

Cussing at them won't do those people any justice. Be responsible and just say nicely that you're not too old and that you want to play Pokemon!

TheJenk

Pokemon Breeder
I generally just say "I'm sorry that you let other people tell you when you're too old to enjoy things you like."

And if they're rude about it, "I'm sorry that you let other people tell you when you're too old to enjoy things you like, but if you're trying to tell me what to do go choke on a big one."

Ringolevio

"So?"
If the person is particularily rude about it (which is unlikely because I don't play my DS in public), I'd politely ask him/her to mind his/her own business and indulge in his/her own nostalgic hobby.

Harmonie

♫ Ad vivere
Hasn't been said to me, really.

I'm in college and the people who have DS's play it. In fact, there's this guy several years older than me and he just bought a 3DS and was telling me yesterday that he's planning on buying one of the 5th generation games. He's barely played any of the other games.

However, if it was said to me I likely wouldn't care too much. It's a video game, and I have a tendency to think that the more mature of us enjoy what we want to enjoy instead of trying to force ourselves to dislike something that we like just to act "older". Really, only the most immature of people actually care. People still stuck in that preteen "I'm so mature!!!" phase.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
"Eh; whatever"

The only people who have ever said that to me though were World-Class douches, and 1 rugby bro. I can tolerate the rugby bro at times though, although if he does throw a random quip about me liking Pokemon I'll just deflect it.

Seraf

I tell them that they're too young to understand maturity.

Good one :)
And I think its true indeed.

People I hang around with, they don't really care about that. We are all grown up kids I guess. We will most probably never end up being "serious" when it's not needed. And I love it :D

Last edited:

bushie

i dont think that there is such a thing as too old for pokemon or basically any other video games. i discovered pokemon in 1999 alot of my friends didn't understand it but i loved it besides i think we should be able to hold on to things that remind us of the good old days and i still love pokemon the show and all. also its entertainment and we all want to be entertained

Vernikova

Champion
When I used to play I would simply reply with "Yeah but I only play it when I'm bored" which was true until the very day I stopped playing.

ASB said:
Also, I mention that I only play the games, I could not give any less of a crap about the TCG and anime.

Because the games are any better?

I got so many heres a list

1. Arent you a little old to be an Idiot.(very common can be used for anyone that is just following the fad for hating it.)

2. Well i guess my time is better spent watching roided out freaks who get payed to much to hit or catch a ball.(for the sport people in your life)

3. Yeah and priest arent doing things that seem wrong either.(For religious nuts.)

4.Well your going to die soon youd think youd be more worried about that than me playing a game.(for older folks.....probably my favorite.)

So you would basically make generalized statements that make you look like as much of an idiot as the person that asked you just because they made a simple statement about a stupid game? Good job.

Last edited: