• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you say when someone says you're too old for Pokemon?

legendarypokemonmaster

Yeah, that will only show your arrogance. You could say:
No
Yes, yes I am.
The box says up to age 99
No way, I love POKEMON!
How could you ever be too old to have fun?

ChrisKoala

Eater of Nachos
Nobody's ever said that I'm too old to play Pokemon. Then again, my three best friends play, and they're all a few months older than me. :p
If somebody said I'm too old for Pokemon, I' just tell them, "I only play the games. I don't watch the anime. Besides, Pokemon's more complex than most people think it is."

GilligBoi

I don't care but I usually just tell em its better than drugs.

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
I mainly say 3 things:

1)The strategic mechanics aren't fully understandable if you're just a kid

2)People MY age are the true expert players, for most kids weren't even born when the series started. Therefore, even if the target of the regular games are kids and "elders" alike, the REMAKES are specifically meant to fulfill MY generation's nostalgia.

3)Truly well-made things are appreciable regardless of the age they're meant for

But I don't care much anyway cuz people that ask that sort of question clearly have no idea what they're talking about.

Last edited:

bel9

n3w 2 sppf :3
"I'm not paying you to comment on what game I am playing. Now, tits or GTFO."

Kdude146

you are never to old for anything and Pokemon is the best way to keep a pece of your chiledhood

Crimson-Wolf

Ive been told this many times, but the only response i use is "old habbits die hard". I started with red/blue back when they were first released and followed it all the way upto diamond/pearl, never bothered with platinum now nor black/white yet but recently ordered another ds after the last one dissapeared. Soul silver is on its way as well.

Its not really for kids when you think about it. ill be honest, when i first played Red, i got all the badges and could not for the life of me work out seafoam or victory road and thought what the hell and used my master ball on zapdos. When it comes to competitive battling (something i have yet to try properly) that is where strategy really comes in.

Since a lot of the people I know are still into Pokemon, I normally wouldn't be told that I am too old to play/watch Pokemon. :p If someone does make that comment to me sometime in the future, I'd probably say that the games are awesome and remind me of the awesome childhood I had; Waking up in the morning to watch the anime, going to the mall to buy the cards and games, battling with my friends with both the games and cards, being excited when I caught a legendary in-game or found an awesome card, etc.

Of course my entire childhood wasn't just based off of Pokemon, but I sure made a lot of friends thanks to it. The games like hide-and-seek, tag and cops and robbers wouldn't have been as much fun without more friends, so it's a good thing I got into Pokemon. :p

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I tell them, I grew up with it, and its a part of my childhood.

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
The only person who ever comments on it is my dad. He claims that the only reason I still like Pokemon is because they put subliminal messages in it...
So I just laugh and keep playing my game. He doesn't know any better.

Andrew1239

OSHAWOTT FTW!!!
stare at them for a minute, then headbutt them, and shout "[Name] used Headbutt! It's Super Effective!"

I like that idea but I might need to change a bit about it, Focus Punch instead of Headbutt for me ^_^

Headbutt can't be super effective.........

Turak

I've had a few people ask that, primarily in high school. Now that I'm in college, especially at science and engineering college, pokemon is cool with most people again. When someone says something, I normally just brush them off.

One person said that and I knew he liked Avatar: The last airbender. So my response to him was, "Then aren't you too old to enjoy Avatar?" Then he started arguing with me for a few minutes until he realized he had just proved my point.

As someone else pointed out, with the exception of my family who just gives me a hard time, no one smarter then me has told me I was too old for pokemon.