• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you say when someone says you're too old for Pokemon?

Owl

G-Rank Hunter
I ask them why they are still too immature to keep they're opinions of other peoples Interests to themselves.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
It doesn't matter! Playing Pokemon games is a method of enjoyment and is not age-restricted!

That's what I would say.

Yep :). That's pretty much my view on that as well. All that really matters is that you're having fun and relaxing while playing the game itself.

Fawomp

Floppaloppagus!
WHHHHAAAAAT TO OLLLD FOR POKEMON!, well id say this country is to young to be in such a exconomic crisis! and does it really matter that im playing pokemon theres starving children all around the world that you couldve helped if you wernt asking qeustions about me playing pokemon muwahhaha i just say random stuff and sometimes i put it on jeses(Hey-zues)

orangezilla

Who's dar man
I refer them to Bertha, I know she's a member of the Elite Four but still she's got to be at least sixty something

Fawomp

Floppaloppagus!
oh and! most people who ask this kind of qeustion play pokemon in secret

Derp

[Something funny]
Ask them if they can name 15 non-Kanto pokemon and then say "How do you know if im too young for it if you know nothing about it."

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
"I can like what I want, and you are not going to change my mind!" is how it is done. "By the way, Halo is an excuse to kill aliens, Call of Duty teaches people to kill one another, and Assassin's Creed teaches people how to assassinate random people."

wulpix

Trainer of vulpix
I usually just say: "What I do isn't hurting you in any shape or form, so why is it any of your concern?"

LokiTheGengar

Sith Lord Victorious
"Ok, you try choosing from almost six hundred fifty characters a team of six, carefully select from those types of characters one that has a specific set of stats, then train them an incredibly specific way, then give them a set of attacks fitting for whatever role you need of them. And when you realize that team won't work out, you get to do it all over again. Do you still believe this game is childish?"

^That. Besides, A lot of people I know are into it, so it doesn't matter too much anyways.

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
"While your standing there, killing Nazi Zombies(again), only learning about firearms and nothing else, I'm carefully evaluating my EVs and IVs, making sure my Natures and Characteristics have a positive outcome on my stats, building team strategies, and choosing an Arsenal of exactly 649 different Pokemon to choose from, carefully choosing which one to use and to avoid. What's your arsenal? 24? Our first game has five times more than that amount. Mind your own business, and go back to the blood show of yours; your messing up my training!" Long, but effective.

Dragon Driver

Fear the Dragons
My dad has said it to me a couple of times, I just go on a bit of a rant about EV's and IVs and how the stats and natures effects them in battle and what not, totally confused he kinda just shrugs it off with a joke or something.

Other than that a few kids at school have said it, I just say why do you care what im interested in or something like that.

Wildfyre

X + Y, get pumped!
"Aren't you a little old for Pokemon?"

"Well actually, you're just saying that since you aren't confident and mature enough with yourself to have any interest in something if it seems like the "uncool" thing to do." Of course I'm only in 6th Grade, although only 1 of my friends likes Pokemon. Thing is, I'm one of the "popular" kids, because I do what I want, not what's cool.

Dattebayo

Banned
I would say something along the lines like:

"Well aren't you too immature to play Halo and CoD?"

"It's actually more complex than it seems."

"What about Mario and Zelda then?"

Derp

[Something funny]
Pokemon Hater:OMG Pokeymans is so dumb and you should play Cod because its uber 1337ness!"

Me: You mean shooting ten year old who are just screaming at every one and swearing when ever they die? Well that does not sound so fun."