• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you say when someone says you're too old for Pokemon?

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
There's too much in life to worry about what people say about my hobbies. if it makes them feel better to tell me that then whatever but i enjoy what i like. no reason to be ashamed or annoyed since I can just walk away

Cherche

Banned
There's too much in life to worry about what people say about my hobbies. if it makes them feel better to tell me that then whatever but i enjoy what i like. no reason to be ashamed or annoyed since I can just walk away

I sometimes do this too =D

Last edited:

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
please i'll be old and gray and still love pokemon. plain and simple. i'm not going to give up on something i enjoy just so i paint the picture other people think is right

colorless-winter

i love my Sylveon!
whenever someone says that to me i just say
" if you dont like it, go on the internet and complain like a troll "
i told that to a kid on my bus yesterday while i was playing my pokemon black

SamtheUlfr

Actually...I haven't really run into that.
Except once.
And I'm pretty sure I just kind of shrugged and said "Well, I like it."
I don't think it should matter what age you are. I know people who are my age who love the heck out of coloring in coloring books.
Just mind your own business I guess :p

I haven't actually run into that, but if I did, I would ask them if they've been living under a rock, promptly tell them that millions of people my age and older play Pokemon, that all the main series games ALWAYS get awesome reviews, that they are some of the BEST selling games of ALL TIME, that Diamond and Pearl ALONE sold over 16 million in just 2 years, that all the main series games COMBINED have sold over 75 million copies worldwide and that there is only one reason that could be: it is a damn good game. A classic. One that is surprisingly complex, and suitable for all ages.

...Yeah I know it's a long answer, but it would get my point across. :b They should learn before they criticise, lol.

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I am 21 and I have liked Pokemon for 15 years and i'll never stop liking it. Most of my friends never give me crap about liking it still because they all like it to :D

onichan

My mom tells me this, and all I tell her is that its better than whatever she is doing.

I'm 21 and am still an avid pokefan (Been one since the good ol days of R/B) as are most of my friends (Though I lost interest in the anime years ago, too repetitive and special was just so much better imo). I say your never to old nor to young to do something you enjoy and if they continue to badger on about it I simply shrug and say "Meh if it helps you sleep at night believe what you want I guess"

Though I do enjoy lecturing them on why pokemon is enjoyed by both young and old from time to time.

well, i live in a place where, pokémon isn't that big....even to kids....so i usually get told i'm too old for pokémon by 15-16 year olds....So common replies are:

"Aren't you a little too young to have a kid?" (But this one gets you in trouble)

"Aren't you a little to young to have an opinion?"

"Oh, so you like digimon....right? how exotic and different"

Just a few i use regularly....

charizard:Luvr

Flame Trainer
I'd say "How does me liking pokemon effect you huh?? & give them a mean look. :mad:

!jirachi!

3/4 dead...
nobody told me it but I'll just say: You know what proffeser Oak once said? He said you can't ride a bicycle in a house!
than just walk away and enjoy your troll moment :p