• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you say when someone says you're too old for Pokemon?

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Like ^

i just say it'll pass.
They don't bother me, besides, I never play it around the public.

BlazingCold

Same, I hide my games so nobody can find them, never play in public (other then airports and airplanes) so, yeeah.

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
I don't care. I don't kill people, I don't steal, I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't go out partying and having sex and being stupid like other people my age. Is it so wrong to just want to relax and play some pokemon?

ShadowGuy

Elite Trainer
When someone says I'm too old to play pokemon, I would challenge them to a pokemon battle if they play pokemon too (And hope to win). If they don't play Pokemon, I would say that they are missing out on a lot and walk away.

Joe The Bow

Redstone Utilist
It's the mature people who can utilize Pokemon to the fullest! Not the 10 year olds who hack Arceus' and call every other pokemon trash.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
When someone says I'm too old for pokemon, I let the game speak for itself. By slapping them upside the head with my DS.

I like your style.

Why didn't i think of doing that?

Waterguy

Pokemon Breeder
So I'm new to the forum but I had to comment. My wife actually made fun of me a little bit when I got back into the game after I hadn't played for about 5 years. After accidently dropping the word at work that I was playing again I have actually got about 4 of my coworkers to pick up the game. So where I was once ridiculed I have actually converted many people who thought it was a "kids" game just by telling them the strategy that goes into building a team.

Drass

thousands of eggs
I just laugh and go back to playing. If they stick around and keep bugging me i just ignore them.

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
Laught at their ignorance and by one my way.

aurasageluke

AuraSage
There was a guy, my friend, who told me once, when he saw me, and said, "Aren't you too old for Pokemon?" I looked at him, shook my head, and turned back to my game. He laughed at me and said, "How's Low Sweep hit a bird?" I then used Low Sweep on him and said, "It's Super Effective on you." The funny part is that he wants to be part of the airforce Lol

unstopable373

When they tell me that, I say I don't like the violent games and I can't just have basketball in "my little world".

Plus, I think we all have a little kid inside us, so in that case it's ok to go back to what we cherished in our childhood.

StarBP

he'd say: Aren't you a little old to be playing pokemon?
I'd say: Yes, yes I am.
and youd say the same if they asked about phineas and ferb? ;)

I don't care about what Ash does.
my avatar takes offense at that :p

Alternatively 2, stare at them for a minute, then headbutt them, and shout "[Name] used Headbutt! It's Super Effective!"
ya but headbutt is never super effective lol

I don't care. I don't kill people, I don't steal, I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't go out partying and having sex and being stupid like other people my age. Is it so wrong to just want to relax and play some pokemon?
likey! :D

EzzPeon

just a passerby
Not many people know I play Pokémon, but I just shrug it off when someone says that. They clearly don't know that there's more to this game.

Emolgafan99

<-Cute little guy
I say "I play Pokemon when I want to and nobody can tell me what to do except for god.".If some guy says "Don't play that game it's from the devil!" since that stuff has been going around in school I say "Where's your proof?" if that person shows me the bible I say "How did they know?".

2 of my friends keep on saying Pokemon is from the devil and is made to distract people, if the comes up again I'll say "then they would make the games WAAAAAAY more addicting and every person you see would be talking about it and have their faces shoved into their DS"